March 17 Order Date

TonyS

Depending on options selected, it may of had a issue where they weren’t scheduling trucks with a specific option. For example adaptive steering equipped super duties weren’t being scheduled. Also they weren’t running at full capacity at KTP so that puts a slow down on builds. The next super duty scheduling day is 8/12. Ford seems to pick a handful of orders from a spread of dates and get them built. 

There are a lot of factors at play. Overall production is slow right now due to microchip shortages, there are also numerous other commodity issues at play affecting orders(currently any trucks with adaptive steering aren't scheduling until further notice). Not to mention your still stuck within your dealer allocations.

There isnt any super duty scheduling until August 12th currently. There have only been a handful of scheduling cycles so far for the 22 super duties.

Edited by mattdm

4 hours ago, TonyS said:

Placed my factory order on March 17 2021 already. Should I not have a manufacture date at this stage - Dealer always very short with me and not giving me any information

Ford must be drawing names from a hat. Go check out the spreadsheet created for 22 SD’s and you’ll see all sorts of builds that have already been assigned VIN’s and even built.  What’s crazy is all the late June and July orders that have already been selected and/or built… likely with the some of the same options as you have on yours… I hate to say it, but we just have to sit back and hope ours eventually gets selected, while all the recent orders get built. To be fair though, some of the earlier orders may not have been submitted to the new Ford COVP, which could also hold up some of those… there are a lot of factors, but early orders doesn’t seem to be one of them. Good luck getting your truck! I only ordered about 9 weeks ago (5/24) and hope I get mine by Christmas, but I’m not too confident. 

11 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

Ford must be drawing names from a hat. Go check out the spreadsheet created for 22 SD’s and you’ll see all sorts of builds that have already been assigned VIN’s and even built.  What’s crazy is all the late June and July orders that have already been selected and/or built… likely with the some of the same options as you have on yours… I hate to say it, but we just have to sit back and hope ours eventually gets selected, while all the recent orders get built. To be fair though, some of the earlier orders may not have been submitted to the new Ford COVP, which could also hold up some of those… there are a lot of factors, but early orders doesn’t seem to be one of them. Good luck getting your truck! I only ordered about 9 weeks ago (5/24) and hope I get mine by Christmas, but I’m not too confident. 

Where can I find that spreadsheet?

1 hour ago, Texas250 said:

go over to the Ford Truck Enthusiast forum 2017+ superduty section, 2022 Order Tracking Thread.  link to spreadsheet in first post.  I would call Ford Marketing with my order number and dealer number and see if they have any info, or once you get your post count up some there is a thread on here where you can put in the info and they will provide you the latest status. 

2 hours ago, Texas250 said:

Here is the link to track 2022 orders that have been assigned VIN’s, which means about to be built or already built. 

And here is a link to another spreadsheet just started for folks that have ordered 22’s but have yet to get assigned. You can join the spreadsheet without having to sign up anywhere else. It’s pretty easy, just pick the options you ordered. It’s nothing from Ford, another user created these spreadsheets to kind of get a bigger picture as to what’s going on with peoples orders.

Edited by chadstickpoindexter

4 hours ago, aboyles2002 said:

go over to the Ford Truck Enthusiast forum 2017+ superduty section, 2022 Order Tracking Thread.  link to spreadsheet in first post.  I would call Ford Marketing with my order number and dealer number and see if they have any info, or once you get your post count up some there is a thread on here where you can put in the info and they will provide you the latest status. 

Awesome! Thank you!

I have my VIN# and all the info but all it says on Ford Tracking site is "Order Processing" with N/A for any of the dates.

Thanks again

4 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

Here is the link to track 2022 orders that have been assigned VIN’s, which means about to be built or already built. 

And here is a link to another spreadsheet just started for folks that have ordered 22’s but have yet to get assigned. You can join the spreadsheet without having to sign up anywhere else. It’s pretty easy, just pick the options you ordered. It’s nothing from Ford, another user created these spreadsheets to kind of get a bigger picture as to what’s going on with peoples orders.

Thank you! Very much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Since Aug 12 was next round of scheduling and my truck is not yet scheduled does this mean that all scheduling is complete for this round or is it ongoing

Any idea when the next round of scheduling takes place

My 2022 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8337RL has now arrived but I have a wee problem not having a truck

My 2020 Edge ST won't pull it lol ?

Any enlightenment on this would be most appreciated

1 hour ago, TonyS said:

I guess its a sellers market - found an in stock 2022 carbonised grey platinum with tremor package but they want full list for it lol

Never paid that before but I am so desperate I may have to bite the bullet

Must be a retail order someone cancelled. Can't image its a dealer stock order for a Tremor that beat out retail orders.

1 hour ago, TonyS said:

I guess its a sellers market - found an in stock 2022 carbonised grey platinum with tremor package but they want full list for it lol

Never paid that before but I am so desperate I may have to bite the bullet

At least they aren't wanting like $5-!0k over msrp like a bunch are!

On 8/13/2021 at 2:21 PM, Dewbs said:

The price increase shouldn’t apply as you ordered your truck prior to the price change and removing a option should drop that line item

I originally placed my order on 5/24, but when I went in to make a change to the order on 6/21 my base MSRP and Invoice price also went up. My dealer said he couldn't do anything about changing it back, although, I have read on here that when it's time to submit the order that he can request to have the original prices reinstated... I mentioned it to him and I didn't really get an answer one way or another from him, so I guess I will have to wait and see when it's that time. I agree though, the price increase should not apply considering I agreed to the base price and put down an initial deposit at time of order, but then again... who knows what will actually happen. I'll be honest, I'm not prepared to walk over $230, but after realizing my PCO will also not apply, I'm looking for any savings from anywhere... lol!

8 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

I originally placed my order on 5/24, but when I went in to make a change to the order on 6/21 my base MSRP and Invoice price also went up. My dealer said he couldn't do anything about changing it back, although, I have read on here that when it's time to submit the order that he can request to have the original prices reinstated... I mentioned it to him and I didn't really get an answer one way or another from him, so I guess I will have to wait and see when it's that time. I agree though, the price increase should not apply considering I agreed to the base price and put down an initial deposit at time of order, but then again... who knows what will actually happen. I'll be honest, I'm not prepared to walk over $230, but after realizing my PCO will also not apply, I'm looking for any savings from anywhere... lol!

Retail orders are price protected to the Price Level in effect at the time the original order was received by Ford. Vehicle Invoices and Window Stickers are generated at the prices in effect at the time the vehicle is produced. Dealers file a claim for the price protection which is an internal accounting matter.   

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 12:29 PM, TonyS said:

Placed my factory order on March 17 2021 already. Should I not have a manufacture date at this stage - Dealer always very short with me and not giving me any information

Same order date as yours and picked mine up last week.

On 8/13/2021 at 12:29 PM, TonyS said:

Interestingly my dealer said if I delete adaptive steering then the vehicle goes up in price by $45 as there was a price increase

I eventually gave up and bought a 2022 Platinum Tremor but had to pay MSRP + GST

It is on a train set to land within a few days

I am convinced my dealer had more information than they claimed that if used I could have got my vehicle scheduled sooner. Other dealers in the area are getting these vehicles scheduled and delivered.

Dealers covet too much information that Fords gives them alone and consumers do not have access to allowing them.

Anyway I am thrilled in getting my truck very soon

17 minutes ago, TonyS said:

I am convinced my dealer had more information than they claimed that if used I could have got my vehicle scheduled sooner. Other dealers in the area are getting these vehicles scheduled and delivered.

Dealers covet too much information that Fords gives them alone and consumers do not have access to allowing them.

Unfortunately, there are far too many Dealers that either don't know what resources and information are available to them, in order to more successfully manage their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank), or are too incompetent to know better. Each Dealer's USOB, vehicle priority codes, earned allocation, unscheduled stock and retail orders meeting commodity restraints and other factors make it difficult, if not impossible, to speculate why one dealership gets orders scheduled and another doesn't. 

Members here are mostly either enthusiasts or customers understandably frustrated that they can't get the information they want from their Dealers. Ford makes a vast amount of information to the public but it's not necessary to provide the level of information that some may desire. There are a lot of customers that want all the features they desire to be available as free-standing options but doing so would increase manufacturing complexity and costs. Yes, there are packaging issues that cost customers wanting certain features a lot more than seems reasonable. 

Overall, Ford's vehicle order guides in general offer too many equipment groups and options which make it more difficult for Dealers to stock similar inventory that will turn over faster, increasing sales and reducing inventory costs. Certain vehicle lines, F-Series in particular, because of the wide variety of customer applications make it much more difficult to reduce the potential ordering complexity. However, with other types of vehicles such as CUV's and SUV's, there's no reason why the order guides can't be simplified. Unfortunately, recent history has shown that the ordering complexity has gotten worse instead of better. 

With the recent changes in the market caused by the microchip shortage issues, reduced plant production schedules, reduced dealership inventory, etc. the industry is now reconsidering how it should operate regarding inventory levels and incentives. If it's going to change the inventory model going forward it has to change the manufacturing complexity.  

• Like 1