PCOs

Any of y'all received PCO certificates from Ford before?  I had been talking to a salesman and eventually picked a dealership closer to me.  The guy I had originally talked to went out of his way to check with Ford to see if I had any certificates/PCOs and said I had some in my name.  Do I need to just call Ford Marketing to check on those certificates or PCOs and see how much they are and how to redeem/use them on my order?  This is all new to me.

I’m pretty sure the dealer can look it up but if you are up to do the legwork for them I would definitely email the numbers to them. That way they’ll know you are aware that you have a PCO. You might want to get that info. to someone other than the salesperson.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

It shows up in VINCENT when they put in a vin and your info.

10-4.  Weird that the salesman that I didn't buy from looked that info up for me and told me I had certificates and to "make sure they give you those certificates" and the one I ordered from didn't mention them yet.  Maybe they would/will when I get a VIN for the order.  Guess I'll just call Ford Marketing tomorrow and see how much they are worth then bring it up to the sales lady I placed my order with.

13 hours ago, 1TonOFun said:

I’m pretty sure the dealer can look it up but if you are up to do the legwork for them I would definitely email the numbers to them. That way they’ll know you are aware that you have a PCO. You might want to get that info. to someone other than the salesperson.

Ordered from Bill Fick, and sales lady seems really squared away, so hoping it won't be an issue when I bring it up.

19 minutes ago, F2tremor7 said:

Have you guys been doing anything in particular?  I know all the things you can do to improve chances.  Just curious if you have been visiting the Ford site repeatedly or calling marketing, etc?

I have been on the Ford website a lot the past few months. I also just responded to an email letting them know that I sold my 2017 F350. Make sure Ford has your email address.

7 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

So why are they sending out PCO's to people who have already ordered trucks?

To keep them from cancelling the order and buying a competitor?  Especially with these longer wait times.   Or maybe the algorithm didn’t check to see that they had an order.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, F2tremor7 said:

Have you guys been doing anything in particular?  I know all the things you can do to improve chances.  Just curious if you have been visiting the Ford site repeatedly or calling marketing, etc?

My 19 F350 6.7 had been in the shop since March (now deemed a lemon) and I had a couple during that time.  Only knew about them because dealers I visited in the past called soliciting sales and told me I had them.  Not the dealership where truck has been since March.  Sadly can’t use on my repurchase since it’s under lemon law…wish they could be gifted to someone lol. 

I have been trying everything for months, requested brochures from marketing, spending countless hours on Ford.com clicking on everything and requesting updates.  I have requested internet pricing from dozen of dealers in my area, Dallas and Houston and still nothing.  Very frustrating process.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my $2000 PCO in the mail today.   Been trying all of the tricks posted on the forums(here and Tremor).  Nothing emailed, snail mail!  It says that I must take delivery by 9/31.  My truck is scheduled to be built 8/22, It's going to be pushing it!

Edited by slowninja14
Incomplete