The Cheap Hybrid Ford Maverick Won't Be Stocked at Dealerships (Update: For Now)

48 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Of course, silly me, they moved the battery to under the front passengers seat,

that made room to return the spare tire, the older battery took up a ton of room.

Except the spare is now an option on all but the Titanium trim....

10 hours ago, kkimm said:

Except the spare is now an option on all but the Titanium trim....

The old battery occupied the spare tire storage area but Ford has been trying to

do away with spare tires for years, so I’m not surprised that they prefer to supply

tire inflator kits.

20 hours ago, jpd80 said:

It sounds like some are confused here,

In C2 Escape, the batteries are located below the rear cargo space, not under the floor pan like a BEV.

C2 hybrid have mechanical AWD (Escape)

C2 PHEV have electric AWD (Corsair)

Are we clear now?

Ford can do a Maverick hybrid AWD if it wants. The reason there isn't one now is because Maverick hybrid has a new electric motor different from Escape. So Ford didn't want to bite off more than it can chew. I would expect AWD hybrid to happen in a year or two, probably when Escape mid cycle update happens and switches to using the same motor as Maverick.

15 minutes ago, bzcat said:

C2 hybrid have mechanical AWD (Escape)

C2 PHEV have electric AWD (Corsair)

Are we clear now?

I wasn’t arguing with you, quite the opposite in fact

All I was saying is that regardless  of old/new battery location, it doesn’t affect AWD propshaft.

15 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Ford can do a Maverick hybrid AWD if it wants. The reason there isn't one now is because Maverick hybrid has a new electric motor different from Escape. So Ford didn't want to bite off more than it can chew. I would expect AWD hybrid to happen in a year or two, probably when Escape mid cycle update happens and switches to using the same motor as Maverick.

I’m not surprised that Maverick orders for the first twelve months are strong, over 100k?

At this time Ford has plenty of orders to fill even without worrying about an AWD hybrid.

Looks like Ford  picked their Maverick buyer audience…..