2016 Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost Engine Replacement.

PorkchopKL

I have a 2016 fusion with the 2.0 ecoboost and coolant intrusion.  It needs a new engine.  Will the replacement engine from Ford under the tsb be the new revised engine or the same design flawed engine?  According to the dealer it is the revised because you can’t order the older version. The new part number for the block supersedes it.  Anyone know for sure?   I just don’t want to spend the money if it’s the same design.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I am not sure. I would assume it would be the new design but would definitely make sure before spending the money. 

Out of curiosity, how many miles did your Fusion have when this problem occured?

It had 66,000 miles.  

On 8/2/2021 at 6:51 PM, PorkchopKL said:

I have a 2016 fusion with the 2.0 ecoboost and coolant intrusion.  It needs a new engine.  Will the replacement engine from Ford under the tsb be the new revised engine or the same design flawed engine?  According to the dealer it is the revised because you can’t order the older version. The new part number for the block supersedes it.  Anyone know for sure?   I just don’t want to spend the money if it’s the same design.  

It's easy enough to tell them apart.  When the replacement block arrives, and before it's installed, ask to see it.  If there is a slot between the cylinders, refuse it.  If it has a small angular drilled hole, it's the new version.

HRG

coolant intrusion block change.JPG

Edited by HotRunrGuy

25 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

It's easy enough to tell them apart.  When the replacement block arrives, and before it's installed, ask to see it.  If there is a slot between the cylinders, refuse it.  If it has a small angular drilled hole, it's the new version.

HRG

coolant intrusion block change.JPG

If it’s a long block wouldn’t it be put together already?

11 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Probably. When they replaced my 1.5 under warranty, they only sent the short block, as the TSB indicates to re-use the head.

HRG

Yeah I think the tsb calls for a long block kit and it’s already assembled.  I will just have to check the tag on it when it gets put in

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...