Ford proves to itself it can hurry up

12 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Behind a paywall, but the Maverick was the vehicle that Ford was talking about that they got done very quickly last year, they shaved 20 months off the development cycle. 

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/ford-proves-itself-it-can-hurry

If I remember correctly, CX758 was also included in this fast development process

20 hours ago, passis said:

If I remember correctly, CX758 was also included in this fast development process

It’s a shame that the utility was dumped so late in the program, Ford clearly wanting

Maverick pickup to have as much product room as possible, I think the pair could have

worked well as counterpoints to Bronco Sport without spoiling its sales because yeah,

I still believe that Maverick Ute would be different enough to BS and Escape to work.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 7:23 PM, jpd80 said:

It’s a shame that the utility was dumped so late in the program, Ford clearly wanting

Maverick pickup to have as much product room as possible, I think the pair could have

worked well as counterpoints to Bronco Sport without spoiling its sales because yeah,

I still believe that Maverick Ute would be different enough to BS and Escape to work.

And I think that the BS, the Maverick and CX758 would make a profitable trio for Camaçari* and South America - without having to spend so many billions to compensate tax incentives and breaking of contracts... Not to mention the damage to the brand which could have been spared.

*Mexican production is not feeding well our region. Ford volumes are extremely low.

Edited by passis
  • Like 1