2022 orders and scheduling

I am sitting here looking at the 2022's that are scheduled, built, shipping, and or shipped and just wondering . . . 

How it all works??  We placed 3 orders back in mid March for Lariats , 2 @ 350's and 1 @ 250... nothing Scheduled....  Back on the 22nd of July all 3 dropped the Adaptive Steering option....   Here we are on August 4th with still nothing....

I completely understand the new world we live in with chip shortages, COVID shortages, ect...  But seeing all these trucks that were placed well after being scheduled/built is frustrating ....

OK, I feel better now that I vented ! !   Thanks for listening......  BTW,  we are only concerned about the long lead time because of mileage and trade values on existing vehicles.... HOPE that does not change. AND it would be nice to tow with them this season at least once ! ! 

• Like 1

Based on what I’ve seen from the Productions thread on this forum, 2022 SDs won’t be selected for scheduling again until 8-12, next Thursday. I’m in the same boat with my 250 lariat. They haven’t been picked for scheduling since 7-15 if I’m not mistaken so there’s about a month between scheduling dates. 

hopefully we both hear something soon! my biggest hassle with my dealership was getting my signed order form, copy of license, and the $1k deposit. Took them 2 months of constant calling for them to finally quit dragging their toes and get mine in on 7-15, got the confirmation email immediately after and Ford marketing told me it’s still in processing on the phone. Hopefully this helps even a little!

• Like 1

I ordered a F250 Lariat on 7/7 and received the confirmation within 20 minutes. A couple weeks went by and I called the Ford Marketing number and they gave me a VIN. The next day I received an email stating I had a build week of 8/23. Hopefully it stays on track and I find out a little more the closer we get. 

• Like 1

I’m right there with you Ford truck guy. Ordered March 29th. Call my dealer every week or two and it’s the same answer. Hasn’t been picked up yet. Confirmed through the covp program, no commodity restrictions, priority 11, it all lines up to get scheduled but yet it sits there. Reading your story made me feel a little better. Glad I’m not the only one to order very early on and still not have a scheduled build date yet. Thanks for the post!

• Like 1

I ordered a F-350 Platinum CCLB, 6.7, 3.55 in Antimatter Blue with Dark Marsala interior back on May 7th. I got confirmation and the a build week of Aug. 2 in mid June. Then crickets, then changed to Aug. 9 build week. Then build day of Aug. 11 but still just in order processing. 

Wednesday I texted the salesman and asked him to run VVR. He texted Thursday morning and said scheduled to build on Friday August 13th. 

Then all of a sudden it showed “in Production” Thursday evening and the window sticker became available. 

I just wonder if this activity could have nudged it along. By the way, no adaptive steering, no moon roof and no cab lights all along. 

2 hours ago, bigfrank59 said:

For those of you who have had a 250 and then went to a 350 is there a drastic difference in ride quality? Wasn’t able to test drive both vehicles and i’m coming from a 250. 

I can’t answer for sure, but I’d say it depends on how the 250 was set up…. and how the 350 is set up. What front coils, what rear suspension, gas or diesel motor…? The diesel is so much heavier than the gas motor, it should help provide a less stiff ride, but that still depends on the suspension…

I’ll say that on my 250 I have on order, there would be no difference. My front coils will be maxed out due to adding the 4x4 and the snow plow/camper package, and the rear end will have the heavier Dana axle with the same rear suspension as a regular SRW 350 due to the HCTT package. It also has the heavier Diesel engine, witch should help buffer the stiff suspension to make it ride less stiff… but in my case, my 250 will be the same as a 350.