Ford sales collapse in July

30 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Ford is becoming the Detroit Lions......snake bit/cursed. Report out now that train derailed in Midwest full of new F150's. Something like 43 auto carriers all mangled up. Ford just can't catch a break. Also now watch quarterback Matthew Stafford win a Super Bowl now that he has left Detroit. 

Webastco builds tops for Wrangler for years and then forgets how to build them for Ford. Ford is the Rodney Dangerfield of auto companies. 

That’s interesting, I didn’t know that. I would like to think there isn’t something nefarious about their incompetence at the moment.  

9 minutes ago, tbone said:

That’s interesting, I didn’t know that. I would like to think there isn’t something nefarious about their incompetence at the moment.  

I doubt anything other than incompetence and bad luck. It's been stated before that Ford's hard top is a more complex construction than the Wrangler top. More complex, new plant, new managers, new employees plus Covid add up to a LOT of problems. Not defending the problems but just explaining how it turned into the goat rodeo it is now.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tbone said:

Oh….  Selective incompetence. Can do it for Jeep, but can’t do it for Ford.  The Ford CEO is searching for another top supplier, isn’t it?   

3 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

Oh….  Selective incompetence. Can do it for Jeep, but can’t do it for Ford.  The Ford CEO is searching for another top supplier, isn’t it?   

I'm getting tired of the constant whining. You've made your point. Now get over it already!

• Like 3

writing in bold is very rude. this site is to express opinions. And if Ford errors or problems are to be pointed out, then it is done. I'm a lifelong Ford fan, but that doesn't mean I'm not objective. Those who believe that only what they say is correct or what should be said, are wrong. I will continue saying what provokes me, always respecting the rules of the forum. And in this specific case, there are serious and obvious production problems and weaknesses at Ford Motor Company that need to be addressed. And it is said.

31 minutes ago, falconlover 1 said:

writing in bold is very rude. this site is to express opinions. And if Ford errors or problems are to be pointed out, 
then it is done. I'm a lifelong Ford fan, but that doesn't mean I'm not objective. Those who believe that only what 
they say is correct or what should be said, are wrong. I will continue saying what provokes me, always respecting the 
rules of the forum. And in this specific case, there are serious and obvious production problems and weaknesses at 
Ford Motor Company that need to be addressed. And it is said.

Yes, writing in bold is considered rude by most but your recent behavior now goes beyond simply being rude. No one is denying that Ford has had had problems or made mistakes. It's not the first time and Ford will address those problems and mistakes as they have in the past. This site welcomes the wide variety of opinions expressed but they are just that opinions. Opinions based on facts are different and welcome in a healthy conversation even if the result is an agreement to disagree. Unfortunately, it is you that believes that what you say is correct, contrary to what anyone else may state. Others have replied with reasonable replies to your opinions, stated as fact, yet you continue what comes across as a tirade that you consider to be objective. Objective, really?

Your recent behavior isn't contributing anything positive to a healthy discussion and it's time for your nonsense to STOP. NOW!   

Ford plain and simple ran out of inventory but sold as much as it could,

56,000 F Series sales is the bright light in a sea of 118, 000 low sales.

We know that’s not a good result but at least Ford was smart enough

to prioritise sale of its more profitable models.

August 1 inventory - total (Ford holding, in transit and dealer stock)

Fusion……………….…200

Mustang……………3,000

Ecosport……….….3,700
Bronco………………2,200

Bronco Sport……9,600

Escape……………..6,900

Mach E………..……3,000

Edge………………….4,100

Explorer…………….7,900

Expedition………..6,300

Ranger…………………..4,800

F Series………….…..82,500

E Series………………..5,800

Transit…………………..8,500

Transit Connect…..2,100

Continental……………100

Corsair……………..…….700

Nautilus……………...3,200

Aviator…………………….700

Navigator………..………900

Edited by jpd80

I missed the supplier fire that seemed to only effect Ford?  I was over at SE Toyota's distribution center a few weeks ago and they've got plenty of inventory and even commented on how Ford is being outsold significantly by other OEM's that's never come close and how Toyota managed the chip situation.

Also seen where GM removed content from vehicles (very very minor stuff) and kept production open while it seems Ford is going in a different direction and failing miserably. I'm not convinced Ford will keep their leadership in trucks this year and think there is no way in hell the GM twins (i saw some sales numbers last month and going off that and don't have actual numbers in front of me:) don't blow by the F150-something that happens occasionally but it market share is hard as F to get back. Maybe i'm missing something but in my opinion not all of it was circumstantial. 

Edited by kyle
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, kyle said:

Also seen where GM removed content from vehicles (very very minor stuff) and kept production open while it seems Ford is going in a different direction and failing miserably. ....

All three of GM's full-size truck plants will be shut down next week due to a lack of computer chips.  A few of the plants were shut down just a few weeks back.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/03/gm-to-shut-truck-assembly-plants-again-cites-global-chip-shortage.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ford actually expanded their full-size pickup lead in July 2021.

July Month:  Ford 52,314   Chevrolet 50,738   Ram 41,770   GMC 22,061   Toyota 6,444   Nissan 1,792

July YTD:   Ford 414,346   Ram 354,838   Chevrolet 337,148   GMC 160,473   Toyota 50,309   Nissan 19,568

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, WillSD said:

July Month:  Ford 52,314   Chevrolet 50,738   Ram 41,770   GMC 22,061   Toyota 6,444   Nissan 1,792

July YTD:   Ford 414,346   Ram 354,838   Chevrolet 337,148   GMC 160,473   Toyota 50,309   Nissan 19,568

Thanks for posting and Good to see but they are 100k behind GM twins which is huge and not going to catch them this year.    

1 hour ago, WillSD said:

Seriously, Pre-2020 Ford was in a position of leading combined GM trucks,

this is salvaging a brand win by hiding the awful truth of huge falls in F Series sales 

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 3