Protracted ETA's

MT350

Hello everyone.  New member from Montana as of about ten minutes ago.  I have been content to just read all of the discussion - especially facts put out by Ice Capades and others- and learn, until today.  On 4.16.21 I ordered a 2022 F350 SRW SCLB Lariat 6.7 w/Value Package, GN prep, spray-in liner, mud flaps, tool box, and inner fender liners.  Had a great order experience from my local small town dealer, a good deal on my 2011 F250 (260k mile) trade-in, and have been kept in the loop in the meantime.  Received my order confirmation email from Ford, no complaints anywhere and I was prepared to wait.

Anyway, received the Scheduled for Production email on 7.20.21 and could view my monroney a few days later.  Build week of 8.2.21.  So everything right on track and based on what I had gathered in seeing some of the recently built/shipped trucks from members here, I thought I might see the truck by the end of the month (August).  Some of the members trucks I saw recently were shipping out a week after built.  Nope, my timeline was updated today with an In Production of 8.8.21 and an Estimated Dealer Delivery of 9.29.21.  Dang it!  I know the off site accessories slow it down a bit but still wasn't expecting that timeline!

Still not complaining (much) but will have to adjust my mindset a bit.  Is anyone else seeing a protracted dealership delivery ETA from production (in this case 51 days)?  Maybe it is strictly a shipper issue?  I don't know.  I hope this thread starter was alright as the Orders and Discussions thread was at 53 pages.  I'm sure the Moderator will let me know.  Thanks for letting me chime in, say Hello from Montana, and apologize in advance if I violated forum decorum or rules. 

Edited by MT350
too much info
  • Like 2

i think your build week is still right.  once your receive the in production email that doesn't necessarily mean your truck is actually rolling down the line.  They are just figuring out what day they will build it during your scheduled production week.  8/8 would still fit with your scheduled build week.  production weeks run from monday through sunday as the plant runs 7 days a week.  on the plus side it looks like most people are receiving their trucks before the  ETA date.

• Like 2

That’s probably a big part of it Dewbs.  The dealer said everything up here goes by rail to Spokane and then gets trucked back. An interesting side note is that my monroney sticker said convoy when it was first viewable but recently changed to rail. Don’t know if that means anything other than exactly what it said. At any rate thanks for the reply and I hope Floods is right and the truck beats the ETA…by a lot!

Ive seen a few members here receive their trucks much sooner(weeks even) then the estimated delivery on the tracker, havent seen one that was late either. I would take that date as a worst case scenario. If your truck was produced on time you can probably expect it sooner.

59 minutes ago, Floods said:

i might be from so cal so forgive me but what is monroney. im hope im right too and that you get your truck sooner than that as well!!!!

Monroney is the window sticker. In a previous life in Nor Cal I was a Ford master tech. Now I’m doing well to remember that much!

Mine was completed 7/27.  ETA changed multiple times. 8/6 then 8/9 then multiple days in September.  Delivery to Northern Indiana, so not far at all.  Finally shipped yesterday.  Convoy.  ETA now shows 9/5. I’m sure there is a some sort of reason behind it, but to plain ole me it seems extremely absurd that logistics keeps changing the ETA, and that the truck sat 2 weeks before getting picked up, and was picked up past the first ETA date. Not patiently, patiently waiting.  Sadly, I’m 3 hours south now (travel nurse), and have to pay to ship the truck to me once it arrives to the dealership, which who knows how long that will take lol.  All because I hoped the info shared with me after production was accurate.  First world problems haha. 

17 hours ago, MT350 said:

That’s probably a big part of it Dewbs.  The dealer said everything up here goes by rail to Spokane and then gets trucked back. An interesting side note is that my monroney sticker said convoy when it was first viewable but recently changed to rail. Don’t know if that means anything other than exactly what it said. At any rate thanks for the reply and I hope Floods is right and the truck beats the ETA…by a lot!

Used to work for a small outfit that hauled new super duties. 1-2 times week they would bring new vehicles via truck to the Northeast part of the country from either KTP or OHAP. It was a load and go trips