Wondering if 21's will have incentives

Parts are coming in slowly and trucks are being shipped as they are completed. There is not going to be a tidal wave of superdutys flooding the market at one time. I would also imagine the vast majority of them are retail or fleet orders that are already "sold".

In short, I would be very surprised if there are any deals. The deal would be you could have the truck today vs waiting months for a 22. I dont imagine 22's will be found sitting on dealer lots anytime soon if ever.

Edited by mattdm
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I wonder how many of the buyers of the "sold" 2021s have moved on.  Granted, there is not a lot to move on to if you really need the truck.  I feel like the 2021s are going to be the redheaded stepchild of MY2020-23.  If there are a lot available, I would expect they could be a hard sell without some incentives.  I'm sure the days of the deep discounts are over for now or possibly forever, but I think they will have something once material holds stabilize.

8 hours ago, Edunn37 said:

I wonder how many of the buyers of the "sold" 2021s have moved on.  Granted, there is not a lot to move on to if you really need the truck.  I feel like the 2021s are going to be the redheaded stepchild of MY2020-23.  If there are a lot available, I would expect they could be a hard sell without some incentives.  I'm sure the days of the deep discounts are over for now or possibly forever, but I think they will have something once material holds stabilize.

It is my understanding, from my dealers buyer's rep, that all the 2021 Super Duties shipped out over a month ago and it looks like the dealers are moving them pretty quick with most being sold above MSRP, at least in my area. I think we had a slight uptick in supply when they shipped and now supply is dropping off again. The used values took a dip and now are ever so slightly creeping back up. I think this will continue thru year end before buyers start waiting for the 2023's to come out.

Edited by Robin Hood

29 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

It is my understanding, from my dealers buyer's rep, that all the 2021 Super Duties shipped out over a month ago and it looks like the dealers are moving them pretty quick with most being sold above MSRP, at least in my area. I think we had a slight uptick in supply when they shipped and now supply is dropping off again. The used values took a dip and now are ever so slightly creeping back up. I think this will continue thru year end before buyers start waiting for the 2023's to come out.

I thought that as of early august there were still several thousand at Kentucky Speedway.  However, I don’t know how many or how fast they are moving out.  Crazy times.

2 hours ago, Edunn37 said:

I thought that as of early august there were still several thousand at Kentucky Speedway.  However, I don’t know how many or how fast they are moving out.  Crazy times.

I thought the same thing and brought that up when I was discussing the value of my used truck with the buyer's rep at my dealer. I was concerned about the 2021 supply hitting the market and he told me they had all already shipped and the only trucks left were F150's. After hanging up with him, I started to look around, run searches on Ford.com, and talked to several dealers and there was 2021 at most dealerships. Most were asking MSRP plus $5K for XL and XLT and MSRP plus $10K for higher level trims. Since then, a couple of dealers have called and offered trucks to me at MSRP.

Since Ford is having trouble delivering retail orders I don't see how dealer inventories are going to pick up anytime soon.

• Like 1