Factory spray in bed liner vs. LineX and others

LarryD

I think we've decided on a 450. We've looked up a ton of videos, and we are gonna take our shot. Thank you all for your input and the insurance one was a good one as well. We checked and its about 700 per year more for the 450. Yuck. 

Here is another question. Do the 450s have the same grills outside of the XL? Sure looks it on the build your own website. That seems a bit weird to me but maybe thats a 450 thing as I never really looked at them prior to this. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mbrooks44 said:

700???? Are you upgrading from a 78 Ford? Mine went up $50/year from a ‘14 Ram 3500

Lol no. Have 3 houses, a Viper, a Raptor plus a Ford Escape. The quote for the 350 was 700 dollars less than the 450. Might need to shop around some more I don't know. Geico at least online wasn't cheaper than that. 

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2021 at 4:59 PM, Townado said:

I just deleted the spray in liner solely because if/when my truck gets produced, I don’t want the down time offsite before it gets shipped. I’d rather just get the truck here asap and schedule LineX or equivalent on my own time. I honestly don’t care either way as quality is concerned, I think they are both excellent products.

The Line-X only took a short time. I dropped it off on a Tues. A.M., did some errands and picked it up by noon. Great product. They also removed all bolts and tie downs. Very neat job. GP

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My new truck order will be my 3rd Superduty and my first without the Ford spray in liner.  I dropped it off the order today due to the commodity issues with scheduling orders with it.  I will get LineX when it arrives.  I never had any problems with the Ford liner, just want my truck sooner.

13 minutes ago, blott93 said:

I'm going line-x in mine, saw a video a few months ago where they were basically able to take up the ford factory one with a screwdriver and the line-x one was really bonded to the bed

I also saw that video.  The factory liner peeled off in large pieces with seemingly little effort, and Line-x peeled off in very small pieces with a lot of effort.  But, since none of us are out there trying to rip them off, I think either would be just fine and serve their purpose.  I went a different route than spray in.  They do look nice, but the cost is high and there are other options that protect well

• Like 1

Here's my thought in my situation

My 2022 F350 is going to be for hauling a camper and related camping gear so it will not get much abuse. That's why I decided to go for the factory spray in liner. Worst case scenario it gets damaged and old chewed up over the next five eight years oh, I feel it out and another one can get sprayed in. (Saw that video also).

The 2019 utility bed F-350 has a Line-X, I abuse the hell out of that thing. You are right that bed liner does not come out, I can't scrape it out with 3000 pound elevator Motors. But you can gouge it down to the metal. When this gets so bad and the gouges become overwhelming and ridiculous, how do I get the Line-X out to have it redone.

If you're going to beat the hell out of your truck go with the hard plastic spray in that's twice the thickness go with rhino or line x.....you just want something that will withstand heavy duty homeowners grade abuse then go with factory.

take that with a grain of salt I have never had the factory spray in liner just going by what others have said

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR