Ford GT Mule Spied

30 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I would say Mule for a potential successor….I doubt after federalization/ crash  testing , CAFE etc etc etc the return of investment would justify a GT with a new drivetrain...

This is the way I'm leaning as well......but that'd bring in the question wouldn't a future halo successor likely be an EV at this point?   I'd guess at minimum a hybrid of some sort.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

This is the way I'm leaning as well......but that'd bring in the question wouldn't a future halo successor likely be an EV at this point?   I'd guess at minimum a hybrid of some sort.

That would be my train of thought as well....every other Supercar manufacturer is gravitating that way...why wouldn't Ford...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Broncofan7 said:

If this ends up being true, I would imagine some form of this engine will appear in a Raptor and Mustang at the very least.

overkill in those applications....Id guess theres another supercar in the future....salivating given how incredible the GT was...

Edited by Deanh

15 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

I would think GM's incredible success with its C8 has really caught the attention of Ford. The Ford GT is still very sought after and what comes after? Nothing doesn't seem like good strategy. Hybrid seems definite to me. 

not a fan of the C8 at all....that backend is absolutely horrible....no denying  how good the car is...but styling?….not my cup o tea.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Deanh said:

not a fan of the C8 at all....that backend is absolutely horrible....no denying  how good the car is...but styling?….not my cup o tea.

I would agree that something isn't right with the design. In comparison, everything works with the design of the Ford GT. A piece of art to my eyes. Maybe the new Z06 C8 will have a more cohesive look. For $70,000, the C8 is an attractive sports car, but for $100,000+, I would be looking elsewhere. However, GM dealers are getting $100,000+ for basic C8's, and probably over $200,000 for ZR7 when it appears. Again, I would think it has caught Farley's attention.

11 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

I would agree that something isn't right with the design. In comparison, everything works with the design of the Ford GT. A piece of art to my eyes. Maybe the new Z06 C8 will have a more cohesive look. For $70,000, the C8 is an attractive sports car, but for $100,000+, I would be looking elsewhere. However, GM dealers are getting $100,000+ for basic C8's, and probably over $200,000 for ZR7 when it appears. Again, I would think it has caught Farley's attention.

Id also bank on rather large depreciation on the Vettes....

As wonderful and fantastic as the Ford GT is, it is simply out of the price range for the vast majority of Ford fans, myself included.

I've been wishing, hoping, and praying for years that Ford would come out with a worthy competitor to the Chevrolet Corvette, something in the same price range that could more than hold its own with the Corvette, from the standpoint of all the important performance parameters  Something I could realistically afford, if not new, then a few years old, used.

Ford doesn't offer anything like that to us at the present.  But maybe, just maybe, things will be different this time around.  They certainly have access to the engineering skills and talent to bring this to fruition, and I think there is definitely a market out there for it.

Just my 25 cents worth!  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

Agreed.  The design is a disaster in my eyes - doesn’t look right at all.  It’s because they tried to shoehorn C7 front engine styling onto a rear engine vehicle 

22 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Ford-We didn't put a V8 in it because it won't fit

Also Ford-we are putting a twin turbo V8 in it because we fucking can!

Mule...no way in hell they would pay for all the necessary crash testing etc etc etc for a really small swan song....

20 hours ago, Deanh said:

I agree, but I suspect the upcoming Z-versions will address that.   

The basic C8 proportions aren't bad but these base models definitely seem underbaked and a little dainty (or cheap) somehow.  

Edited by ESP08