Priority Code / VIN

AAH

Placed an order 8/2.  Sheet has priority code 19... am I screwed?  And how long are people going before vin is created?  I’d ordered a 2021 in feb (canceled that one since it’s still not gonna arrive for another month with a recall).. had a priority of 12 and I got a vin within a week back then.  

thanks.  

I ordered 4/30 with a priority code of 10. Still don’t have a VIN. My dealer sent a report yesterday for his October builds and it shows I should get a build week of 9/27. I don’t know when or if that will actually happen. It seems what gets built when is all over the place.

Retail Priority codes(10-19) are only relevant to your particular dealer. If your dealer only has a few super duty orders and they are all priority 19 then it makes no difference. If your dealer has hundred of orders at all ranks from 10 to 19 then its a different story.

19 is the default code for retail orders. 

Timing is anyone's guess right now, production has been spotty and messy so far with lots of other factors weighing much heavier then dealer priority codes. Rumor has it that as of this week they are operating at full capacity and will be playing catch up on the massive amount unscheduled orders over the next few weeks.

I ordered mine June 9th, priority 19. No vin or production date yet. Lots of people who ordered in April and May are still unscheduled as well. 

Edited by mattdm
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 1TonOFun said:

I ordered 4/30 with a priority code of 10. Still don’t have a VIN. My dealer sent a report yesterday for his October builds and it shows I should get a build week of 9/27. I don’t know when or if that will actually happen. It seems what gets built when is all over the place.

Your order may have shown up on yesterday's AM Preview Scheduling Report which is how they would be telling you about scheduling for the week of 09/27/2021. Scheduling will be done this morning and your Dealer will have a status confirmation or update by tomorrow morning. 

20 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Your order may have shown up on yesterday's AM Preview Scheduling Report which is how they would be telling you about scheduling for the week of 09/27/2021. Scheduling will be done this morning and your Dealer will have a status confirmation or update by tomorrow morning. 

Does your dealership have "stale" orders going back as far as March? And if you do, are you seeing any of these on your AM Preview Scheduling Report?

Looking for some hope here...

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

@ice-capadesCalled my dealer yesterday and he said wait there is a change in priority it was a 19 and he said it was a 02 now can you tell me what that means and he said he looked at another preview snd my order number was on that. Do you think I’m getting scheduled soon now ???? 

Edited by Stanggt24

14 hours ago, 1TonOFun said:

Is there a specific report he was referencing, or sent you? Just curious, if that's something I can access with my dealer.

I see several responses that answered my question after I posted. Thank you all to who answered!

Edited by Jeff T

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Thanks @ice-capades. I figured I would hear this week or in the next week or two. I wasn’t sure if they scheduled build weeks that far out. Just happy I finally see a date of any kind.

3 hours ago, Radio said:

Does your dealership have "stale" orders going back as far as March? And if you do, are you seeing any of these on your AM Preview Scheduling Report?

I can’t help you there. The report that was sent to me doesn’t show build dates so I don’t know.

3 hours ago, Radio said:

I was actually directing this question at @ice-capades . I should have been more clear about that. I'm wondering if todays scheduling will reach back to orders placed back in March and April. I've waited 129 days so far...

Edited by Radio
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Radio said:

I was actually directing this question at @ice-capades . I should have been more clear about that. I'm wondering if todays scheduling will reach back to orders placed back in March and April. I've waited 129 days so far...

The scheduling system looks at all "Unscheduled/Clean" orders based on priority codes, order date and compliance with commodity restraints. 

On 8/12/2021 at 11:06 AM, Stanggt24 said:

@ice-capadesCalled my dealer yesterday and he said wait there is a change in priority it was a 19 and he said it was a 02 now can you tell me what that means and he said he looked at another preview snd my order number was on that. Do you think I’m getting scheduled soon now ???? 

Just got the same info from my dealer regarding priority code changing to a 02 but I have no build date. I did receive the confirmation email the day I ordered, 06/24 but also received a 2nd order confirmation on Wednesday 08/11. Why would I receive a 2nd confirmation?

• Like 1

I ordered 7-15. Just got my vin and build week of 9-13. Someone on another forum ordered 3 days ago and got their vin and build date yesterday. Week of 9-20.

Who knows how it works! My priority was 10. Theirs was 19. Mine is Lariat Ultimate 4x4 CCSB 4.30 moonroof power running boards 7.3 utt adaptive cruise camper 5th wheel/ gooseneck prep.

7 hours ago, rsmith0801 said:

Just got the same info from my dealer regarding priority code changing to a 02 but I have no build date. I did receive the confirmation email the day I ordered, 06/24 but also received a 2nd order confirmation on Wednesday 08/11. Why would I receive a 2nd confirmation?

What did your dealer give u for reason why Ford changed u to 02. Mine said because it had been so long that my order was in they asked Ford to move me up. But if that was the case why didn’t we get scheduled yesterday I really hope @ice-capades will chime in and answer our question and will we get scheduled soon I know he doesn’t have a crystal ball but just in theory why did our priority code change and from what I hear it’s good but no one that has a clue will answer this question ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

9 hours ago, rsmith0801 said:

Watching this one closely! I ordered 3/29. Never received my confirmation email from Ford. I guess my dealer never put it in. Called and had a little heart to heart with my dealer. My sales guy sent an email to the owner and claimed that “she was going to reach out to the Ford rep on my order”. I called today to check in and he didn’t have an answer on anything but did mention my priority code is now 02. Still no build date or vin.  It was 11 before. Hopefully this means things are being pushed through the pipeline. No commodity restrictions on my order that I know of.

Ordered my  Platinum Tremor on 5/15. Order was entered on 5/17, couple weeks ago I dropped Adaptive Steering, pretty basic Platinum, no sunroof as the Truck I have has it & pretty much is closed 99% of the time. Yesterday I called Ford Marketing and got a Vin #. My Priority code has been a 10 since I ordered it. Just waiting for a build date,  hopefully get to drive it home in the next couple months. Kinda disappointing seeing people ordering after me getting build dates, starting to think the ordering system needs a over haul, no more first come first serve. Also the dealership I ordered from is one of the oldest and almost always had close to 100 F150 in stock and a pretty good number of Super Duties on the ground ( pre-chip shortage) so it’s a pretty large volume dealership. 

8 hours ago, Stanggt24 said:

What did your dealer give u for reason why Ford changed u to 02. Mine said because it had been so long that my order was in they asked Ford to move me up. But if that was the case why didn’t we get scheduled yesterday I really hope @ice-capades will chime in and answer our question and will we get scheduled soon I know he doesn’t have a crystal ball but just in theory why did our priority code change and from what I hear it’s good but no one that has a clue will answer this question ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Priority code changes to anything below a "10" are made only by Ford or the Ford Regional offices. It's a bit interesting that 2 BOF members are saying that their orders were changed to "02" rather than "01". I can't remember the last time I saw an order changed to "02" and can't tell you the specific difference between "01" and "02" but "01" is the more desirable. It's not important to know the reason why so don't start asking your Dealer why you have "02" instead of an "01" priority code. Just be glad for the change! A priority code change by the regional office doesn't mean that the order will be scheduled that day, the next day or the next week. The change forces the system to review the order at a higher priority for scheduling and attempt to make exceptions to any commodity restraints in place in order to expedite scheduling. Depending on the factors involved, it can still take a week or longer before the order will get scheduled. Again, it's not important to know why your priority code was changed, just be glad and let the system work. If you push for answers why the change was made, it's just as easy for the priority code to be changed again to something much less desirable! FYI... do NOT attempt to make any changes to your order or the system will automatically restore your priority code to the previous 10-19 code. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Priority code changes to anything below a "10" are made only by Ford or the Ford Regional offices. It's a bit interesting that 2 BOF members are saying that their orders were changed to "02" rather than "01". I can't remember the last time I saw an order changed to "02" and can't tell you the specific difference between "01" and "02" but "01" is the more desirable. It's not important to know the reason why so don't start asking your Dealer why you have "02" instead of an "01" priority code. Just be glad for the change! A priority code change by the regional office doesn't mean that the order will be scheduled that day, the next day or the next week. The change forces the system to review the order at a higher priority for scheduling and attempt to make exceptions to any commodity restraints in place in order to expedite scheduling. Depending on the factors involved, it can still take a week or longer before the order will get scheduled. Again, it's not important to know why your priority code was changed, just be glad and let the system work. If you push for answers why the change was made, it's just as easy for the priority code to be changed again to something much less desirable! FYI... do NOT attempt to make any changes to your order or the system will automatically restore your priority code to the previous 10-19 code. 

Ok thanks that’s what I was thinking I did delete AS only other thing it could be is spray in bed liner thanks again @ice-capades for the detailed explanation I appreciate it !!! 

• Thanks 1