Adaptive Steering? Rumor is no more AS!!

So I ordered a 2022 F-350 6.7L 3.55 EL CCLB FX4 Platinum with Adaptive Steering 7/2..... and been seeing a lot of discussions about the AS... most folks are saying they have had their orders delayed because it has AS... haven't seen anything concrete anywhere saying that is why so many have had their orders in limbo... some as far back as March. Meanwhile I've seen some trucks people are taking delivery for already that ordered May-June some with AS and some without. Today I seen in some FB groups where a guy is stating his dealer told him that they aren't pulling anymore orders with AS and told the guy if he took the AS off his order, then he could probably get his truck scheduled asap. Is this something we should all be doing? Taking AS off or have to wait until who knows when? Also what about the Limited? Don't those trimmed trucks have it Standard?? I would like the AS, but if it's a huge issue.... then I'm ready to take it off to get my truck scheduled.... anybody know what's going on? Help???

Edited by PhoenixOdin77

8 minutes ago, JHForman812 said:

ordered 5/4

COVP completed 6/29

dropped AS from order on 7/13

scheduled 7/15 

I think dropping it got my truck scheduled.  It seems a lot of them that got scheduled with AS got bumped to 9/2 build weeks.  not hard to see that AS is causing delays. 

9 minutes ago, JHForman812 said:

Nope I dont do facebook. 

Well-being it is just similar to another person's dates with a similar story of dropping the AS and getting picked up for scheduling. I'm hoping for somebody to come along that can verify what the dealer told that guy about AS not getting scheduled or being dropped from future builds. Maybe somebody has a bulletin, or knowledge of what or why when it comes to the AS issue. I've seen guys with orders dating back to March that have heard nothing but crickets on their orders. I know mine is confirmed as per my sales manager.... plus he sent me the order sheet with my order number and I'm priority 19 like a lot of Retail Orders are.....and I did do the COVP so I know I'm in the pipeline.... I'm considering dropping AS when my Sales Manager comes back from Vacation on Friday the 13th.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PhoenixOdin77 said:

Well-being it is just similar to another person's dates with a similar story of dropping the AS and getting picked up for scheduling. I'm hoping for somebody to come along that can verify what the dealer told that guy about AS not getting scheduled or being dropped from future builds. Maybe somebody has a bulletin, or knowledge of what or why when it comes to the AS issue. I've seen guys with orders dating back to March that have heard nothing but crickets on their orders. I know mine is confirmed as per my sales manager.... plus he sent me the order sheet with my order number and I'm priority 19 like a lot of Retail Orders are.....and I did do the COVP so I know I'm in the pipeline.... I'm considering dropping AS when my Sales Manager comes back from Vacation on Friday the 13th.

Ive seen several post stating that AS was being dropped/deleted, but it has yet to show up in the scheduling notes other than a few weeks ago it said trucks with AS will not be scheduled until further notice.  let me see if i can dig it up. 

• Like 1

Scheduling Notes – New York Region (May Apply to Other Regions)

• On Thursday, July 22, Bronco, Explorer, Super Duty, Transit Connect Wagon and Transit Connect Van will not be selected for scheduling.
  • 21MY Ranger Stock Configurations Not Scheduling - The following Ranger Stock configurations will not be selected for scheduling:
  • XL100A
  • Lariat SuperCab (R1E, R1F:  500A & 501A)
  • 22MY Super Duty XLT Tremor Package  The Tremor Package (17Y) is no longer available for 22MY on XLT Super Duty and orders will show a compatibility status.  The Tremor Pkg (17Y) will still be available on Lariat, King Ranch, and Platinum models for the 22MY.
  • 22MY Super Duty with Adaptive Steering -   Until further notice, we will not be scheduling the following 22MY Super Duty configurations:
  • Lariat With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Lariat Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
  • Platinum With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Platinum Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
  • Limited
  • 2022MY Maverick Retail Scheduling – 22MY Maverick retails will not be selected for scheduling until Thursday, July 29.
  • 2021MY Expedition Rear inflatable Seat Belt Update -
  •    The following changes are now available with the updated order guides and pricing. 
  • Platinum: The new Standard Safety Belt (52C) will be REQUIRED for all Platinum orders to get scheduled
  • Convenience Package (50E): The new Convenience Package option (50E) is available with the same content as 50A without the rear inflatable belts
  • Rear Inflatable Seat Belt Option (52A): No longer available
  • Please note:  Unscheduled orders need to have these new options to be scheduled to avoid a material hold status. Serialized orders have been changed allowing them to now be built.
  • All OTD Vehicle Line Scheduling - Due to constraints and production changes, it may take several weeks to schedule the OTD Fitness orders.
  • F-150 Options not Scheduling - The following items will not be selected for scheduling:
  • 302A & above w/snow plow prep pkg (68P)
  • King Ranch & Platinum without Active Steering (17A)
  • CNG/Propane Gas Eng Prep Pkg (98G).

Balance Out Information:

• 21MY Transit Retail Balance Out - 21MY Retail units will no longer be accepted for Transit.  Verified retail orders will be scheduled based on order receipt date until 21MY balance out.
  • 21MY Bronco Job #1 Balance Out - 21MY Job#1 orders will be converted to Job#2 orders this week. Spec changes and cancellations will be shut off on Tuesday, July 13.
  • 21MY F-150 Diesel Engine Early Balance Out  The final order due date for F150 orders with the 3.0L Power Stroke Diesel engine (991) was Thursday, July 15.  Spec changes and cancellations were shut off on Thursday, July 15.
  • 21MY F-150 Early Balance Out Paint – Final orders with Kodiak brown (J1) paint were due on Thursday, July 8 (this is a Dearborn Truck Plant only paint).  Spec changes and cancellations were shut off on Thursday, July 8.
  •  
Edited by JHForman812
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, JHForman812 said:

that was from july 19, lariat, platinum, limited with as will not be scheduled until further notice. 

I see.... so it's in my best interest to delete the AS from my Order. I appreciate the information and extra work you did to find the Bulletin. I'm sure it's been discussed and shared and I missed it. I've only just joined the Blue Oval Forums recently and there is a lot to read... I'm a little bummed about the AS because I've heard how well it performs from folks that have it. Hopefully I if I drop it, then my truck will get scheduled. Thank You 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PhoenixOdin77 said:

I see.... so it's in my best interest to delete the AS from my Order. I appreciate the information and extra work you did to find the Bulletin. I'm sure it's been discussed and shared and I missed it. I've only just joined the Blue Oval Forums recently and there is a lot to read... I'm a little bummed about the AS because I've heard how well it performs from folks that have it. Hopefully I if I drop it, then my truck will get scheduled. Thank You 

If it counts for much, i looked up and saved all the wiring diagrams from it.  you can add it later when parts become available, it will be pricy though.  and the 22 wheel is a different connector from the 21 so youre gonna have to wait for 22 parts to become available. 

17 minutes ago, JHForman812 said:

If it counts for much, i looked up and saved all the wiring diagrams from it.  you can add it later when parts become available, it will be pricy though.  and the 22 wheel is a different connector from the 21 so youre gonna have to wait for 22 parts to become available. 

I would guess it isn't too cheap since it's $1000 add on option and I seen something about having to buy a new steering wheel for use with the AS.... I'm sure it will cost over the initial grand to update to the new system if parts become available for the 2022s. I guess only time will tell. I really like the idea of the AS and heard great things about it. Ultimately, I'd rather have my truck sooner if it means losing that option.... which quite honestly I went back and forth before deciding to add it. I just hope by taking it off that there isn't any other system that's delating scheduling of SD trucks. 

• Like 1

In another forum there is a spreadsheet of forum members trucks that have been built.  Out of the 131 trucks that are listed as built, only two have AS.  Those that have AS, have continuously had their scheduled build date bumped.  And as noted above, Ford has not scheduled any AS trucks in quite awhile.

12 minutes ago, rlatronico said:

In another forum there is a spreadsheet of forum members trucks that have been built.  Out of the 131 trucks that are listed as built, only two have AS.  Those that have AS, have continuously had their scheduled build date bumped.  And as noted above, Ford has not scheduled any AS trucks in quite awhile.

I have emailed my Sales Manager who is on Vacation until tomorrow.... I've emailed him every week, once a week since the order on 7/2 lol. And sent a Text to the Saleman I've been dealing with to drop the AS.... hoping to hear something soon from either of them... although I feel the Salesman is basically worthless and is why I've dealt more with the Sales Manager. I will update when I find out something.

7 hours ago, rlatronico said:

I am also on that same spreadsheet, and have seen that nothing with AS has been Scheduled... my username here is the same as on that Spreadsheet as well

Well I emailed my Sales Manager about dropping the AS and today is his last day of Vacation but he still replied this afternoon. This is what he said, I don't understand how the truck can be scheduled for September and a VIN hasn't been generated.... but he has been pretty honest and hard working with me in the past, so I have no reason to believe he isn't telling the truth.... I still don't understand it though lol.

Screenshot_20210812-174603_Yahoo Mail.jpg

13 hours ago, PhoenixOdin77 said:

Well I emailed my Sales Manager about dropping the AS and today is his last day of Vacation but he still replied this afternoon. This is what he said, I don't understand how the truck can be scheduled for September and a VIN hasn't been generated.... but he has been pretty honest and hard working with me in the past, so I have no reason to believe he isn't telling the truth.... I still don't understand it though lol.

Screenshot_20210812-174603_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Without a VIN number, the truck is NOT scheduled. The VIN numbers are generated and assigned as part of the scheduling process. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Without a VIN number, the truck is NOT scheduled. The VIN numbers are generated and assigned as part of the scheduling process. 

That is why I don't understand why he said what he said about it being Scheduled,  because I know a VIN is generated at that time from watching others that are going through the process as well... also I got an email confirmation back when he added my email to the order, so that being said I haven't received a email saying my truck is being scheduled. So I don't understand why he said any of it.

15 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I'm guessing he is mistaken and means maybe the truck is Queued to be scheduled. I may call Ford Marketing and inquire myself about the order.... not sure that will help tbh 

On 8/12/2021 at 1:35 PM, Chris E said:

My F-350 Platinum with AS build week was moved up 2 weeks to the week of  9-6 from 9-20. I received the notification from Ford on 7-27-21. Hopefully they cleared that hurdle. 

Mine was also!  Same truck.  I just checked today and it is now scheduled for Oct 25!!  Wow.  It will be 8 months since ordered to maybe have truck built.  Very tough situation.  Hope things change.  

On 8/12/2021 at 3:44 PM, PhoenixOdin77 said:

I am also on that same spreadsheet, and have seen that nothing with AS has been Scheduled... my username here is the same as on that Spreadsheet as well

On 8/12/2021 at 3:25 AM, JHForman812 said:
  • 22MY Super Duty with Adaptive Steering -   Until further notice, we will not be scheduling the following 22MY Super Duty configurations:
  • Lariat With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Lariat Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
  • Platinum With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Platinum Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
  • Limited

Ford has not been clear regarding AS availability.  My dealer otoh has a guy that specializes in ordering and knows all the tricks.  He told me King Ranch trucks are the only models getting AS for whatever reason.

I am on that tracking spreadsheet on the other forum with same username as here. There have been several KR trucks on there built with AS thus far and no scheduling delays......mine is one of them and there are many more KR's scheduled with AS.  No idea why FoMoCo is limiting this option to King Ranch trucks.