Adaptive Steering? Rumor is no more AS!!

Ice-capades posted this in the weekly scheduling notes a few minutes ago:

• 22MY Super Duty with Adaptive Steering -   Until further notice, we will not be scheduling the following 22MY Super Duty configurations:
    • Lariat With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Lariat Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
    • Platinum With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Platinum Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
    • Limited

4 hours ago, 1TonOFun said:

Ice-capades posted this in the weekly scheduling notes a few minutes ago:

• 22MY Super Duty with Adaptive Steering -   Until further notice, we will not be scheduling the following 22MY Super Duty configurations:
    • Lariat With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Lariat Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
    • Platinum With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Platinum Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
    • Limited

So now what? If this is going to ne an ongoing issue with the Adaptive Steering, then maybe I should call the dealer and have that deleted. I feel like I am never getting this truck. ? 

8 minutes ago, rsmith0801 said:

So now what? If this is going to ne an ongoing issue with the Adaptive Steering, then maybe I should call the dealer and have that deleted. I feel like I am never getting this truck. ? 

I deleted it 4 weeks ago and still nothing. The new issue is sprayed in bed liner.I ordered 3/18/21 and still haven’t been scheduled f350 platinum. The new issue from what I’m seeing is the sprayed in bed liner I called my dealer to see and they had no idea that was a commodity issue now. I told them I want to delete it but I’m afraid because my priority code was switched from 19 to 02 last Wednesday by Ford because my dealer complained fir me that it hasn’t been scheduled yet. But if we delete it I will go back to a 10 to 19 so they are going to find out from Ford rep what they recommend I’m beyond frustrated at this point !!!! I need this truck before the end of October to get it ready to plow ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Funny, my dealer I'm working with about placing an order said AS is required on new orders. Said he very recently added it to a customers dead build and voila it got scheduled. This conversation was on last Friday afternoon. I asked him several times and he is one of the managers and he said he had never seen nor heard any traffic about the AS being done for. 

I admit I am confused. Read one thing here, and then I am told something elsewhere. 

29 minutes ago, JKinTx said:

Funny, my dealer I'm working with about placing an order said AS is required on new orders. Said he very recently added it to a customers dead build and voila it got scheduled. This conversation was on last Friday afternoon. I asked him several times and he is one of the managers and he said he had never seen nor heard any traffic about the AS being done for. 

I admit I am confused. Read one thing here, and then I am told something elsewhere. 

with all due respect to ICE and the great work he does here.... when a saleman's lips are moving...

I busted my dealer and salesman on what they stated on my order, and we have a much different relationship now.  They don't give me BS anymore, because most of it I can confirm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stanggt24 said:

I deleted it 4 weeks ago and still nothing. The new issue is sprayed in bed liner.I ordered 3/18/21 and still haven’t been scheduled f350 platinum. The new issue from what I’m seeing is the sprayed in bed liner I called my dealer to see and they had no idea that was a commodity issue now. I told them I want to delete it but I’m afraid because my priority code was switched from 19 to 02 last Wednesday by Ford because my dealer complained fir me that it hasn’t been scheduled yet. But if we delete it I will go back to a 10 to 19 so they are going to find out from Ford rep what they recommend I’m beyond frustrated at this point !!!! I need this truck before the end of October to get it ready to plow ?‍♂️?‍♂️

youre the first person ive heard say spray liner is causing a delay.  as for AS i dropped it on tuesday and was scheduled that thursday.  if you can live without it drop it.  the only trucks that seem to be getting scheduled with it is king ranch, i have a theory this has to do with the steering wheel color and they were able to get those wheels. the lariat and platinum and limited all have black wheels 

46 minutes ago, JHForman812 said:

youre the first person ive heard say spray liner is causing a delay.  as for AS i dropped it on tuesday and was scheduled that thursday.  if you can live without it drop it.  the only trucks that seem to be getting scheduled with it is king ranch, i have a theory this has to do with the steering wheel color and they were able to get those wheels. the lariat and platinum and limited all have black wheels 

I have seen some threads in other areas where people are saying the same thing about the Spray in Bed liner being a hold up issue as well... for the price I will probably delete it and just get it Rhino lined. At this point Idc about the AS or the Bed liner... especially if it's holding up production. Seeing some of these guys take delivery who ordered later is proof enough for me... 

2 hours ago, Stanggt24 said:

My thoughts exactly but if they changed it once, they should be able to do it again. Not sure why King Ranch trucks are not affected by the AS but what is Fords reasoning?

38 minutes ago, PhoenixOdin77 said:

I have seen some threads in other areas where people are saying the same thing about the Spray in Bed liner being a hold up issue as well... for the price I will probably delete it and just get it Rhino lined. At this point Idc about the AS or the Bed liner... especially if it's holding up production. Seeing some of these guys take delivery who ordered later is proof enough for me... 

I agree I have a 17 without AS so I guess I don’t know the benefits of having it. My dealer said we recommend it but I can’t wait until dec or later to take delivery for something I don’t even knii or w I’m going to like or need.  The bed liner my dealer said they can send it to a local shop to get a rhino liner installed when it gets here just need to figure out between dealer and Ford Regional Rep how we get it scheduled ASAP !!!! Period !!!!!

1 hour ago, rsmith0801 said:

My thoughts exactly but if they changed it once, they should be able to do it again. Not sure why King Ranch trucks are not affected by the AS but what is Fords reasoning?

My theory is because the KR has a different colored steering wheel(dark brown), maybe ford had these available?  all the others have a black steering wheel.  this is the only difference i can come up with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JHForman812 said:

My theory is because the KR has a different colored steering wheel(dark brown), maybe ford had these available?  all the others have a black steering wheel.  this is the only difference i can come up with. 

Didn't think of that.......and makes perfect sense to explain the scheduling notes that Ice posted. If all FoMoCo has is brown steering wheels with the AS components, that certainly would limit availability to KR trucks.

• Like 1

I ordered a f450 lariat with AS and the Bed liner. I got scheduled for the week of 9/13 last week, ordered mid may.  Upon looking at the email Ford sent listing my options, AS was nowhere to be found.  Bed liner is on there though.  Talked to my salesman, what he told me is that Ford decided to build the truck without AS and if that is a deal breaker for me I could refuse delivery and get my deposit back.  Still a little confused because looking at the Ford notice Ice posted it says trucks with AS will not be scheduled.  Smart move by Ford in my opinion, why let a 1000 dollar option stop the sale of an expensive truck.  As far as refusing delivery because it doesn’t have AS, yeah right I’ve already seen 22 lariat super duties being listed by dealers close to 100k.

On 8/16/2021 at 4:23 PM, Stanggt24 said:

I ordered my F350 Platinum 3/26.  No bed liner, no AS in the order.  I had understood the bed liner would add about a week in the build as the truck would be sent off site so I'll just have it done when and if I ever get the truck.

Dealer gave me a build date of 8/11 but I haven't seen any change in status that it's in the build.  Dealer can't tell either.  Sure weird a lot of trucks have been delivered with far later build dates.  It'd be interesting to hear what the hold up is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, yorid said:

I haven’t seen any post in the Scheduling Notes section about commodity issue for the Super Duty on Adaptive steering .  Wonder if ice-capades has any thoughts about possible scheduling. 

If Ford had retracted the AS commodity hold publicly, it would have been posted.  But fact is that they are scheduling and building AS this month, regardless of the publications. I assume they got their hands on a limited amount of black AS steering wheels.

• Like 1

Last I has seen they were still only scheduling and building only King Ranch with Adaptive Steering.... although I've been pretty busy the last few weeks admittedly and haven't exactly checked the notes daily. I did take delivery of my F-350 Platinum Order I made on 7/2 on 11/1... I had dropped AS and Bedliner in August and thankfully so.... I'm much happier with the LineX spray on liner and as far as Driving this truck with no AS.... It handles very well and steering is great. But if anybody did know about any issues with Commodities and Scheduling notes it would be @ice-capades he  and his posts were one of my main sources of fact checking any other information I had found about these things and at the time of this post originally, with the exception of KR there was no more Lariats, Platinum, nor Limited orders to be scheduled that included AS.... if this has changed.... ice-capades or @akirby are welcome to close commenting in this thread

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PhoenixOdin77 said:

Last I has seen they were still only scheduling and building only King Ranch with Adaptive Steering.... although I've been pretty busy the last few weeks admittedly and haven't exactly checked the notes daily. I did take delivery of my F-350 Platinum Order I made on 7/2 on 11/1... I had dropped AS and Bedliner in August and thankfully so.... I'm much happier with the LineX spray on liner and as far as Driving this truck with no AS.... It handles very well and steering is great. But if anybody did know about any issues with Commodities and Scheduling notes it would be @ice-capades he and his posts were one of my main sources of fact checking any other information I had found about these things and at the time of this post originally, with the exception of KR there was no more Lariats, Platinum, nor Limited orders to be scheduled that included AS.... if this has changed.... ice-capades or @akirby are welcome to close commenting in this thread

I just posted the following 2022 Super Duty scheduling notes for this week's scheduling that were received from the New York Region. These notes are specific to the New York Region but may apply nationwide.

Scheduling Notes - New York Region

2022MY Super Duty

No Availability:

• Active Steering (60A) optional on Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum; standard on Limited
  • 19.5" Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) Std on all F450 series, incld STX Pkg (17S)
  • S. Duty RC Running Boards (18B)
  • Tonneau Cover (21D, 21E, 21J)
  • Spray in bedliner (85S)
  • 5th Wheel  Prep- fleetmaster (53W)

22MY Super Duty Tool Boxes Balanced Out - The Crossbed Storage Tool Box (62X) and the Premium Aluminum Crossbed Tool Box (62Y) have balanced out.

If your order shows a balanced-out status, please add one of the following two new tool boxes: Aluminum Crossbed Tool Box – Matte Black (19J) or Aluminum Crossbed Tool Box – Bright (19K).

I do NOT recommend removing the 5th Wheel Prep (53W) due to the superior factory installation. It's usually a short-term commodity restraint due to plant capacity restrictions and demand but worth waiting for if the vehicle is intended for 5th Wheel towing. Unfortunately, commodity related delays are longer than usual this year and there's no way of knowing how long the 5th Wheel Prep (53W) or Active Steering (60A) commodity restraints will be in place.    

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 1

Is this for the vehicles that are not scheduled yet or for vehicles that are scheduled already?  My F250 is scheduled for this Thursday 11/18 to be built.  I have the window sticker already and i have ordered the spray in bed liner and 5th wheel prep.

Thanks Dave

Edited by Bull894

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

I just posted the following 2022 Super Duty scheduling notes for this week's scheduling that were received from the New York Region. These notes are specific to the New York Region but may apply nationwide.

Scheduling Notes - New York Region

2022MY Super Duty

No Availability:

• Active Steering (60A) optional on Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum; standard on Limited
  • 19.5" Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) Std on all F450 series, incld STX Pkg (17S)
  • S. Duty RC Running Boards (18B)
  • Tonneau Cover (21D, 21E, 21J)
  • Spray in bedliner (85S)
  • 5th Wheel  Prep- fleetmaster (53W)

Bummer again, I was hoping, Thanks much for the update @ice-capades 

44 minutes ago, Bull894 said:

Is this for the vehicles that are not scheduled yet or for vehicles that are scheduled already?  My F250 is scheduled for this Thursday 11/18 to be built.  I have the window sticker already and i have ordered the spray in bed liner and 5th wheel prep.

Thanks Dave

Scheduling Notes apply to unscheduled orders only!

• Like 1