Auxiliary Tank

I have a gravity feed 41 gallon in the bed of my ‘16 F-250, 6.7. Truck only has 28 gallon tank so this worked very well for me. In fact I will be moving the tank to my ‘22 F-350 CCLB 6.7. Dealer didn’t care if I take tank before trading. This new truck comes with 48 gallon tank so I will be at 90 gallons total. 

Now, all that said. I originally set it up as gravity feed through the fill neck. However it would overflow the stock tank. So I added a 12 volt inline fuel pump to the gravity feed line and also put a ball valve cut off that I could reach via rear wheel well. 

I leave the ball valve off most of the time and just use the stock tank. Then when I am going on a trip I open the valve. When I get to 1/4 tank on gauge I use upfitter switch to turn on fuel pump and let it run 15 minutes or so. 

You do have to be careful not to forget and force overfill stock tank. And remember to turn ball valve off when parking for night. 

Also, the auxiliary tank fits under the hard tonneau. 

Edited by DecodanMcQ

• 4 weeks later...

According to someone on the Ford Tremor forum that has a contact at TransferFlow, they are working on a replacement tank for the 7.3.  I'm not sure of the capacity, but I would not expect it any time soon since I think it was just approved for development in April.  I'm sure there is a lot to go through for approval.