22 order window coming to an end...???

Gadget

So over on the 22+ Ford Superduty Facebook page... multiple people are reporting their dealers are telling them to get their orders placed as Ford is closing the window at the beginning of September...5 months early.  Folks who are ordering fleet found out orders close next week. 

Its is reported GM is doing the same thing with thier trucks as dealers have booked so many orders (like Ford) and coupled with commodity shortages, they can't fulfill everything and keep taking orders till the 23s roll out.

In taking with my dealer they said with my order and a few others, they were told to only expect a handful of new stock trucks.

Who would have thunk????

Edited by Gadget
  • Sad 1

If I had to guess, with the current supply chain issues they probably do not want to risk having a number of 2022 trucks in the system that can't be built before having to switch the assembly line over to MY23 truck orders. If 2023 is a redesign as everyone suspects, then they probably already have a schedule in place as to when the assembly line will be re-tooled. And they probably do not want to piss off a bunch of customers that are waiting for MY22 trucks by having to cancel their orders when that time comes.

• Like 2

The 2022MY Super Duty has only been in production for about 5 weeks and now the speculation is starting about orders being cut off next month. If and when Ford makes that change, Ford will issue the appropriate notice to its Dealers. Until then, consider the sources of the speculation and/or the motivation to get customer orders now rather than later. 

• Like 3

This was the reply that started the discussion where many came on to discuss what their dealerships were saying as well.  

The thread continues on and as we have seen Ford has been horrible about communicating what is actually happening.  

I would say better to order and have, then wait and be stuck!

Screenshot_20210812-201033_Facebook.jpg

8 minutes ago, Gadget said:

This was the reply that started the discussion where many came on to discuss what their dealerships were saying as well.  

The thread continues on and as we have seen Ford has been horrible about communicating what is actually happening.  

I would say better to order and have, then wait and be stuck!

Screenshot_20210812-201033_Facebook.jpg

That's fine but the source information you provided (thanks!) is related to Fleet orders, not Retail. Ford Fleet scheduling is an entirely different process with substantially longer lead times OTD (Order to Delivery). 

• Like 1