2020 Aviator- Drive Fault and Air Suspension Fault

Wolfepack88

I have a 2020 BL Grand Touring and my faith in Lincoln Products was misplaced.  Today pulling out of driveway,  Drive Fault ("Drive below 30 mph") followed immediately by Air Suspension Fault occurs.  I knew buying a US made car was a gamble, I thought Lincoln had their shit together, but every month literally there is a quirk with this car, the phone won't sync, the navigation display goes black, ACC stops working a half a day, etc.  The standard response on this forum is take it to the dealer.  Obvious, but what a pita to have to take your car numerous times to the dealer.  I bought an extended warranty and thank God I did because I know I will need this.  I am leaving for vacation this Friday and driving 500 miles.  If this would have happened during that I would be stuck in the middle of PA on I-80.  I literally have no confidence in this vehicle to drive it any distance without the feeling in the back of the my mind I hope I make it.  That is nuts.  I owned Audi, BMW and Mercedes for the last 30 years prior to this and never ever had a single maintenance problem other than the routine required maintenance when the screen told you to come in.   America cannot compete making quality cars period.  Same shit in the 70's with all my Dad's Fords.  Every year at inspection there was some big repair bill the family could ill afford.   I gave it one chance after swearing I would never buy an American car.  Mistake and will have to ride this one out with the warranty.  Thank God I retired and have time to deal with this crap.  Would I buy it again, no way never will again.  Has great tech, but if you get in the car and you have doubts about its reliability to the point you don't want to drive any long distance that's crazy.  This car is almost 90k new.   Just like my sons country balls meme says,  "America, maker of inferior cars".  So true!!   

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta love Lincoln.  Take the car in for service.  They "fix it" and I leave for vacation for two weeks.  Come back and get into my car for first drive and get 3 miles down the road and I get the exact same two faults.   Air Suspension Fault and Drive Control Malfunction.   Awesome, had planned to head home to see my Dad in PA about 450 miles away.  With this fault the vehicle can only be driven 30mph or below.  Awesome, don't trust this vehicle whatsoever to drive any distance.   I made a huge mistake buying this vehicle!!

3 hours ago, akirby said:

No you just picked the wrong dealer.

Perhaps, however it's the closest dealer, which wasn't black label when I bought the car, but now is.    Bought it 45 miles away and Lincoln road side only will tow to the nearest dealer.  Needs flat bed back to dealer.  Has your vehicle been relatively glitch free??

1 hour ago, Wolfepack88 said:

Perhaps, however it's the closest dealer, which wasn't black label when I bought the car, but now is.    Bought it 45 miles away and Lincoln road side only will tow to the nearest dealer.  Needs flat bed back to dealer.  Has your vehicle been relatively glitch free??

The point is it’s not Lincoln per se - they don’t control the dealers.  It sucks if your closest dealers are bad but like any other business you have to find a good one (or switch brands).   My Ford and Lincoln vehicles have had a few minor issues but nothing major so far.

I call the dealer this am and it takes about 2 hours for the solo Lincoln service manager to call me back.  Then to top things off the first thing he says he is disappointed I provided a negative review to Ford/Lincoln on  survey I received.  I told him that was my honest feedback.  Pissed me off the first thing he is worried about is negative review.  I told him every single time I've had the vehicle in which is at least 4 times to this dealer I've never been offered the pick up and drop off service and the last time for this repair I needed a loaner car for at least one day of the week prior to my vacation and nobody called me back to even tell me they couldn't get me one when they said they would try.  Black label top of the line vehicle and my car was inoperable for a week and no loaner car be provided then rent me one.  Every single time I had my vehicle serviced at Audi, BMW or Mercedes I had a loaner car every time.  My wife's Toyota sienna every time has had a loaner.  This vehicle is the highest price vehicle I ever have purchased and this is what you get.   I walked into water in my basement coming back from my vacation form the remnants of IDA in NJ and I needed my car and it failed me and this guys first response and concern is the honest negative review I gave them for not fixing the repair.   Otherwise a very nice man but that was telling to me!   Yes people will say go to another dealer but the dealer I originally purchased from is 40 miles away and I picked up the same vibe from the service people when I had initial fixes upon delivery.   I'm done always being the nice guy going out of my way to make them feel comfortable and not inconvenienced when I am the customer.    

• 3 weeks later...

Well folks finally got my car back today September 28th 20 days later. Turned out after air compressor  replacement and a drive control module replacement the problem was a strut and seal that needed to be replaced.  Hopefully they got it licked. Well drove home and pull in driveway and a check engine fault comes on.  Then I go into Lincoln Way app and a recall is open on the aviator as of Sept 23rd for the rear camera relating to a PIN that can leak current.  Don’t you think you would check any recalls prior to releasing the vehicle considering you had it for 20 days.  Sort of comedic at this point.  

Edited by Wolfepack88