21/22 seat covers

I would like to buy a good heavy duty perfect fitting set of seat for my new 22 that is coming.

My 19 F-350 has vinyl and it's a work truck so it is what it is, but I just had my 2000 truck seats reupholstered and that was very expensive.

So I would like to try to keep my new 22 truck seats looking pristine. I have two younger kids and a dog that slobbers a good bit (ever see the movie Turner and Hooch....?)

To my question. Have any of you bought a set of seat covers that you are thrilled with because of the quality and the fitment.

I would prefer to stick with like a Cordura kind of material.

( we bought a little Scion xB back in 2006, still driving it today? but just took the seat covers off last year that I installed back in 2006. They fit so well and color matched so perfect that we forgot that there were even seat covers on there. They started to show wear so I ripped them off and underneath we found brand new seats with not anything on them but a little dust. Rest of the car looks like crap but the seats are like brand new???)

So, what do we have out there for the standard Grey Super Duty seats?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

What are your thoughts of the Carhartt by looking at them, I know you haven't installed them yet so you can't see the fitment.

The quality-wise are you pretty happy with them?

I haven't opened them yet. Carhart makes tough, rugged stuff and I saw a set in a Toyota and they looked like good quality to me for seat covers.

I've been looking for covers for my upcoming 22 450 as well. I have three messy kids. OK, three kids, only one of them spills more than she eats (and she's 9!).

The Carharts are of interest, but I kind of wish they came in black to match my interior. I've also noticed that the Carharts that Ford offers for the front are different than the ones you buy from anywhere else. The Ford versions are open on the sides so they don't impede side air bag deployment. Affecting the timing of the airbag is quite critical - I understand that very well. So thinking about that is what gets me concerned about using covers on the front seats, unless the sides are open. But... really... those open-side Ford Carharts look like crap. I'll probably end up with just rear covers. 

23 minutes ago, repo956 said:

I have these in 3 trucks. They take a few weeks to ship but well worth it. Usually order them in grey since i feel black will stain/wear/fade and look dirty fast.  

https://www.coverking.com/seat-covers/custom-seat-covers/heavy-duty-ballistic-for-2021-ford-f-350-super-duty-xlt.html#vselect

Just went there to check them out...the custom form fitted covers not offered for 21/22 xlt and the ballistics (like you have) only available in black.

Black seats and a German shepherd don't mix

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

20 hours ago, repo956 said:

seats are the same for 17 to current and 15 to 20 f150. Likely just have to select a 19 and then options open up

Do you happen know if the seat configurations are the same between say 250 and 350 and 450? If you get a Lariat crew cab, it would be the same regardless of which truck? I'm guessing yes since the cabs should be the same, but I don't want to assume. 

And then the 2022s would be the same as anything from 2017 to 2021 if 2022 isn't showing up? 

Just a heads up on Coverking. I have had a full set of neoprene covers from them for about twelve years now in my Tacoma. They have held up great. Very nice fit. If you belong to Costco, they offer a good discount on them. That is who I got mine through. It was a very good discount. They are waterproof and have side flaps for airbag deployment.

I’m currently running the Carharrt’s in my 2019 and they fit amazing. I’ve been VERY happy with them covering the vinyl seats. The grey looks good and they tolerate a ton. My new 2022 F450 has leather so I’ll likely just be going with good quality Window Tint and a regular application of leather conditioner. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 7:18 AM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

What are your thoughts of the Carhartt by looking at them, I know you haven't installed them yet so you can't see the fitment.

The quality-wise are you pretty happy with them?

Installed the covers today. Overall I like them and they will do. I am not a fan of seat covers and it's hard for me to cover up the leather, but it's a work truck for now and I want to protect them. Overall the covers fit well. I would give them a 9 out of 10. The instructions are worthless and I don't think they are intended for power seats or the black leather trucks. I assume this is why they only come in brown and grey. I found it was best to remove the side panel trim that holds the controls so I could see better and route the straps so they won't pull or pinch any wiring. Overall it was an easy install, but it took a little time the way I did it.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 8/20/2021 at 7:47 AM, DMBKaren41 said:

Do you happen know if the seat configurations are the same between say 250 and 350 and 450? If you get a Lariat crew cab, it would be the same regardless of which truck? I'm guessing yes since the cabs should be the same, but I don't want to assume. 

And then the 2022s would be the same as anything from 2017 to 2021 if 2022 isn't showing up? 

Yes - all Super Duty trucks with the same trim package will have the same seat configurations. 

For a Lariat 2017 - 2021 will all be the same but in 2022 there was a slight headrest shape change. If the seat covers you buy aren't custom fit that may be no factor but if they are custom fit it will be very difficult or impossible to install the headrest covers.