Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring

I'm curious if anyone has ordered and received a Grand Touring yet.

Also, has anyone driven a Grand Touring model?

The only Corsair I've driven had AWD and 2.0L engine.  I was impressed enough by it I wanted to purchase it on the spot.

Edited by RedHoncho01

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to my salesman this past week.  Mine is still scheduled to be built the week of September 6. Mine still doesn't show a build date on the website or the window sticker.  I ordered mine on 7/5.

I noticed there is now special financing available in September through Lincoln Financial Services that is quite generous.  0% for 36 months, 0.9% for 48 months, 1.9% for 60 months and 3.9 for 72 months good through 10/4/2021. I was planning on financing through my credit union but they can't touch those rates. 

Edited by RedHoncho01
Updated information

On 9/5/2021 at 4:09 PM, RedHoncho01 said:

I spoke to my salesman this past week.  Mine is still scheduled to be built the week of September 6. Mine still doesn't show a build date on the website or the window sticker.  I ordered mine on 7/5.

I noticed there is now special financing available in September through Lincoln Financial Services that is quite generous.  0% for 36 months, 0.9% for 48 months, 1.9% for 60 months and 3.9 for 72 months good through 10/4/2021. I was planning on financing through my credit union but they can't touch those rates. 

Update:  My build date is now confirmed for 9/24 as are several other folks who had orders scheduled for the week of 9/6.  

Has anyone received their vehicle yet?  My dealer has one showing on their website but it says "This vehicle is in transit".  According to the window sticker, it shipped on 8/21.  That transit time seems to be a long time going 186 miles from Louisville, KY to Columbus, OH.

Unless I am mistaken about the vehicle in question (your dealer's other vehicle, VIN ending in 18864), it had a blend date of 26 August.  21 August could have been when the window sticker was initially generated prior to production.  Per the JCT site (palsapp.com), it looks like this vehicle was "Dispatched on Sep 10 2021."  If you use the Lincoln order tracking site with this VIN and the order number (found on the window sticker beneath "CONVOY"), it shows a status of "SHIPPED" with an expected delivery date of 15 September.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 1:19 PM, orangeblood214 said:

Unless I am mistaken about the vehicle in question (your dealer's other vehicle, VIN ending in 18864), it had a blend date of 26 August.  21 August could have been when the window sticker was initially generated prior to production.  Per the JCT site (palsapp.com), it looks like this vehicle was "Dispatched on Sep 10 2021."  If you use the Lincoln order tracking site with this VIN and the order number (found on the window sticker beneath "CONVOY"), it shows a status of "SHIPPED" with an expected delivery date of 15 September.

Thanks for the information.  This explains a great deal.  By blend date does this mean the build date?

Edited by RedHoncho01

My understanding (which is limited, so I welcome correcting if warranted) is that the blend date is when the various components are scheduled to be loaded in sequence for assembly.  The blend date shown on the window sticker can vary, by several days, from the the date assembly is completed.  If things don't go to plan, I suppose the difference could be greater than several days.

• Like 1

I'll check with my salesman tomorrow.  If it has delivered I want to test drive it.  My vehicle build date has been pushed out until 9/24.  I did find out Louisville Assembly plant where both the Corsair and Escape are built is in the process of Escape model change.  The 2021 Escape PHEV balanced out last week.  All the other 2021 Escape models are balancing out this week.  Then they will have Job 1 for the 2022 Escape.  This is probably why the Corsair builds got pushed out.  I believe 2021 Corsair balances out at the end of October.

14 hours ago, RedHoncho01 said:

I'll check with my salesman tomorrow.  If it has delivered I want to test drive it.  My vehicle build date has been pushed out until 9/24.  I did find out Louisville Assembly plant where both the Corsair and Escape are built is in the process of Escape model change.  The 2021 Escape PHEV balanced out last week.  All the other 2021 Escape models are balancing out this week.  Then they will have Job 1 for the 2022 Escape.  This is probably why the Corsair builds got pushed out.  I believe 2021 Corsair balances out at the end of October.

2021 Escape PHEV scheduling has balanced out, not production. Production for the 2021 Escape and 2021 Lincoln Corsair doesn't balance out until 10/29/2021 with the 2022MY Job #1 Date 11/01/2021. 

2021/2022MY Lincoln Corsair Order Bank, Scheduling & Production

• 07/30/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 08/12/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/29/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  •  
  • 08/16/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 09/23/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 11/01/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

54 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

2021 Escape PHEV scheduling has balanced out, not production. Production for the 2021 Escape and 2021 Lincoln Corsair doesn't balance out until 10/29/2021 with the 2022MY Job #1 Date 11/01/2021. 

2021/2022MY Lincoln Corsair Order Bank, Scheduling & Production

• 07/30/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 08/12/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/29/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  •  
  • 08/16/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 09/23/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 11/01/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

Thank you for the clarification.  That makes more sense.

It looks like my vehicle has been built.  The Lincoln order tracker now shows a production date of 14 September and estimated delivery of 11 October.  The SYNC update page no longer errors out for my VIN, but instead tells me that my "SYNC system (null) is up to date."

The window sticker was originally generated on 31 August with a blend date of 8 September.  The sticker regenerated on 8 September, 13 September, and 15 September (with the only change each time being the date at the bottom).

• Like 1

I checked the website this morning and my vehicle has moved to In Production status.  There is no date showing yet but I was able to print the window sticker. It shows a blend date of 9/16.

There is a QR code at the bottom right corner of the window sticker.  I just scanned it and it said there are no details available for this vehicle.  I'm assuming once it is built that will change.

46 minutes ago, orangeblood214 said:

I am glad that you are now seeing some progress in the process.  I am a bit surprised though to read that the blend date (at the top of the sticker) is today, if the primary status changed to "in production" just this morning.

My bad.  The blend date is 9/22 which would coincide with the build date of 9/24.

My window sticker also is now available with production date showing 9/14... although when clicking the check mark it shows n/a.. I also got access to an invoice... but who knows when it will be "finished"... noticed on cars.com a dealer in FL has one in stock.. so.. maybe they are finally getting out... 

I noticed on the sticker at the very top.. above the green area.. it has a blend date..  120210921 and under the  0921 in small letters it says blend.. I think this may be the final finish date??.. the date below the window sticker always changes to the current day.. My best guess.. and I am stickin to it! ?

Edited by Rick1723

1 hour ago, Rick1723 said:

My window sticker also is now available with production date showing 9/14... although when clicking the check mark it shows n/a.. I also got access to an invoice... but who knows when it will be "finished"... noticed on cars.com a dealer in FL has one in stock.. so.. maybe they are finally getting out... 

I noticed on the sticker at the very top.. above the green area.. it has a blend date..  120210921 and under the  0921 in small letters it says blend.. I think this may be the final finish date??.. the date below the window sticker always changes to the current day.. My best guess.. and I am stickin to it! ?

No, the blend date is the date parts are sequenced for the production of your vehicle.  This is usually a few days before the actual build date.

went to my dealer today to drive a GT they had just received this week. This one was completely loaded including the $2000 20" wheels. The salesman went with me on our ride so he could explain some of the features and answer questions. The only dislike I had was the pedestrian sounder at low speeds with the EV mode engaged. It was loud and I could hear it inside the vehicle with the windows and panoramic roof closed. The sounder is to alert pedestrians when you are driving in EV only mode.

I kept the vehicle in all EV mode because this will be most of my driving. We took it on a 10 mile trip including freeway driving. When I accelerated, it stayed in EV mode until I reached highway speeds and the gas engine kicked in. I couldn't perceive when the gas engine engaged other than a message on the driver's display. Acceleration was smooth and fairly quick but not as quick as my 2.7L twin turbo Nautilus. I felt comfortable merging into fairly busy highway traffic and that's all that matters. This vehicle isn't going to win any drag races.

The ride quality was excellent as this one was equipped with the adaptive suspension. Cornering was excellent and I believe better than my Nautilus. It was very quiet inside during the entire ride.

I noticed the ventilated seats REALLY move the air, much more so than the ones in my Nautilus. This was a plus to me.

I was amazed at how far forward the rear seats move. The salesman said it was 6". This is strictly for making more cargo room as there is very little space left for legroom against the rear of the front seats when they are pulled all the way forward. You can adjust them as far forward as you deem necessary. It is a manual movement done by pulling up on a bar near the bottom of the seats. The rear seats also manually recline as well as automatically fold forward via the press of buttons in the cargo area.

The Revel audio system was very nice. My Nautilus has the Revel Ultima sound system so this was a small step below but still far superior to any standard sound systems found in most other vehicles.

The wireless phone charger wasn't where I expected it to be. It is in the armrest. The phone slides into a holder vertically leaving room for storage inside the bin. There is also a door in the console that slides forward for storage that has a 12V power port along with a USB port. I didn't spend too much time looking for other power ports or USB ports as my salesmen came in today as a favor to me since it was his day off.

Overall, I think I made a wise choice in vehicles and I will be happy with it for many years. I'm looking forward to getting mine soon and giving it more realistic day to day driving.

Edited by RedHoncho01
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, akirby said:

What do you think about the interior room compared to Nautilus?

It is a smaller vehicle but I felt comfortable and I'm a big guy.  Cargo space is obviously smaller but being able to pull the rear seats forward 6" does create quite a bit more space.  Headspace was very good.  Obviously, the Nautilus is going to have more room everywhere.  Overall, I believe I will be very happy with this vehicle.