Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring

2 hours ago, orangeblood214 said:

That's a pretty quick transition from it being in production to it arriving to your dealer.  Mine arrived to the dealer on Monday and I am planning to head over this afternoon to pick it up.

Congratulations!

It helps being less than 200 miles away from the assembly plant.  I think my dealer must have had several vehicles on order too.

So what color did you get?  I chose the Burgundy Velvet.  I have it on my Nautilus and grew to love it.

sounds like all 3 of us were built together.. Mine came in yesterday.. coming up from Louisville to MN drop point and then to the dealer.. after being built on 9/22.. now to get a renewed trade in value.. even tho I did buy a 2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid.. but I missed my Lincoln..so .. we will see.. but the 2.5 in the escape runs great and will have it in the lincoln.. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RedHoncho01 said:

Congratulations!

It helps being less than 200 miles away from the assembly plant.  I think my dealer must have had several vehicles on order too.

So what color did you get?  I chose the Burgundy Velvet.  I have it on my Nautilus and grew to love it.

Flight Blue.  I considered the Burgundy Velvet, but I kept going back to Flight Blue.

I have the car now and it drives very smoothly.  I wasn't sure what to expect from the eCVT, but I didn't even think about it while driving.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, orangeblood214 said:

Flight Blue.  I considered the Burgundy Velvet, but I kept going back to Flight Blue.

I have the car now and it drives very smoothly.  I wasn't sure what to expect from the eCVT, but I didn't even think about it while driving.

I was shocked at how dark flight blue was in person compared to the Ford website.  I do t know why they discontinued the medium blue colors.

I prefer the front grill on the standard, though.

SYNC updated very quickly.  I was driving around and was prompted an ignition restart was required to complete the installation so I pulled over to shut down and restart.  A few minutes later it was installed.  I just uploaded the XML file to the SYNC website and everything was installed properly.

I have driven 87 miles so far.  There are no squeaks or rattles coming from anywhere including the moonroof.  I noticed like others have mentioned that the moonroof doesn't open as far as I would have expected.  Once it is open, you can hit the open button again and it will move back another 2 inches or so.  

I got the Technology Package because I wanted the wireless charger.  The wireless charger is inside the console of the armrest.  There is a holder and the phone sits vertically rather than horizontally.  I used it all day today because I had heard some people complaining their phone wouldn't charge on it.  I had a charging issue with my Nautilus.  The display would say "Wireless charging has been activated" and show the icon for charging the phone.  About a minute later I would get a message saying either the phone had moved or an object had come between the phone and the charger and that charging had been stopped.  I tried pointing the top of the phone toward me and toward the front of the vehicle with and without the phone case.  Nothing worked.  Today, I had no issues even with the case on.  I'm not one to remove my case very often except for cleaning out the pocket lint that somehow works it way inside the case.

I stopped at our local city ChargePoint charging station just to check it out.  I had registered in the ChargePoint app but it took me a few tries to "tap the phone" in the proper spot on the charging station to get it started.  Our city has 2 chargers that are free to use.  I didn't want to fully recharge.  I just wanted to see what 15 minutes would give me since I had exhausted the charge driving around the Columbus area.  I got 3 miles of driving range in 15 minutes.

I have a 120V outlet in my garage that I'm using to plug my charge cord into.  I have an electrician set to install a 240V outlet in my garage which will speed up the recharge time.  Just these 2 days and I can see that faster charging will be the way to go.  A home charging station isn't financially feasible as that would run around $1500 - $2000 for the charger and installation vs. $400 - $500 for the 240V outlet.  The Webasto home charger that is Ford/Lincoln supplier of choice offers an all in price of $800 but honestly, it is overkill.  The hardware on this vehicle isn't built to take rapid charging. 

I did find an quirk today that I wasn't expecting.  There is a button that must be depressed to open the fuel door.  It is under the liftgate button next to the headlight controls on the lower left dash.  On my Nautilus I just had to give the edge of the fuel door a slight push and it would open.  I tried that on the Corsair and that doesn't work.  You must depress the button.

Another quirk is when you put the vehicle in reverse under the EV mode it moves VERY quickly.  I learned to keep the brake depressed when I put it in reverse and release the brake slowly.

A nice trick my salesman told me about was using the fob to open or close all the windows.  If you want to open them, hit the unlock button.  Then depress the unlock button again and hold it for a few seconds.  When you release the button all 4 windows will simultaneously open.  Likewise, if you want to close all four hit the lock button once, then depress and hold it for a few seconds.  When you release the button all 4 windows will close.  You can also do this via the Lincoln Way app.

I'm averaging 67.4 MPG with 87miles driven.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RedHoncho01 said:

I did find an quirk today that I wasn't expecting.  There is a button that must be depressed to open the fuel door.  It is under the liftgate button next to the headlight controls on the lower left dash.  On my Nautilus I just had to give the edge of the fuel door a slight push and it would open.  I tried that on the Corsair and that doesn't work.  You must depress the button.

Hmm, must be a technology package thing or GT trim level thing since my 2021 Corsair fuel door opens just like your Nautilus and my MKC and MKX before it.

• Like 1

OK, this is a first world problem but it is a feature I will miss. My 2019 Nautilus had a mute feature on the steering wheel for the audio system. There were audio controls on the left side of the steering wheel with a toggle that moved up and down. Depressing the toggle like a button muted/unmuted the audio system. According to the Lincoln Concierge the only way to do this on the Corsair is to turn off the radio. There is nothing in the owner's manual that addresses this other than it shows an overview of the display icons and shows one for audio muted.

If anyone knows of another way I'd be interested in hearing it. The toggles on the steering wheel on the Corsair only move up/down/left/right and cannot be depressed like a button.

1 hour ago, RedHoncho01 said:

OK, this is a first world problem but it is a feature I will miss. My 2019 Nautilus had a mute feature on the steering wheel for the audio system. There were audio controls on the left side of the steering wheel with a toggle that moved up and down. Depressing the toggle like a button muted/unmuted the audio system. According to the Lincoln Concierge the only way to do this on the Corsair is to turn off the radio. There is nothing in the owner's manual that addresses this other than it shows an overview of the display icons and shows one for audio muted.

If anyone knows of another way I'd be interested in hearing it. The toggles on the steering wheel on the Corsair only move up/down/left/right and cannot be depressed like a button.

Just press and hold vol down - it mutes very quickly. 

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Just press and hold vol down - it mutes very quickly. 

OK, thanks.  I would have never thought of that on my own.  

The Nautilus has an actual mute button.  The Corsair obviously does not.  No biggie.  FYI, it mutes faster when you hit the on/off button.

• Like 1

I played around with SYNC today to see if it would mute the radio.  It would not.  I also checked a listing of the SYNC commands online and there isn't one for muting the radio.

I received my first phone call today while driving around.  There is a mute button that pops up on the touchscreen for the phone.

After I hung up I checked the various radio screens and none have a mute button.  This is definitely a first world problem.  The on/off button works or using the steering wheel toggle to lower the volume as @akirby suggested.

On 10/3/2021 at 4:55 PM, RedHoncho01 said:

OK, thanks.  I would have never thought of that on my own.  

The Nautilus has an actual mute button.  The Corsair obviously does not.  No biggie.  FYI, it mutes faster when you hit the on/off button.

i noticed the "no mute button" issue as well....I just hit "pause" when I am listening to my Pandora or thumb drive "music mix". But, when I am using either terrestrial or satellite radio, either "off" or volume down....minor hiccup that could be corrected via software update that would put a mute button on the audio screen.

• Like 1

Hi gang. I can add this: My 2018 MKZ has a physical "Mute" button on the steering wheel. However, it is not necessary to press it when answering a phone call for the phone that is connected/paired to SYNC, since SYNC automatically mutes the audio system when I answer the call. Does this not occur on the new Corsair?

The Climate Control system also turns the fan to a lower speed when answering a call on the SYNC connected/paired phone, if it is on high.

Of course, a mute button does come in handy for other situations, such as my wife getting a call on her phone, or simply needing to mute/turn down the audio for one reason or another.

Good luck.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi gang. I can add this: My 2018 MKZ has a physical "Mute" button on the steering wheel. However, it is not necessary to press it when answering a phone call for the phone that is connected/paired to SYNC, since SYNC automatically mutes the audio system when I answer the call. Does this not occur on the new Corsair?

The Climate Control system also turns the fan to a lower speed when answering a call on the SYNC connected/paired phone, if it is on high.

Of course, a mute button does come in handy for other situations, such as my wife getting a call on her phone, or simply needing to mute/turn down the audio for one reason or another.

Good luck.

My 2019 Nautilus had the physical mute button. The 2021 Corsair does not.

It will mute the audio system when I answer or make call.

Going through the Starbucks drive through, or any other drive through for that matter, is where I miss that mute button.  However, it is a quick toggle to lower the volume or I can just tap the power button on the audio system.  

There is a mute button on the touch screen when using it on a phone call.

11 minutes ago, RedHoncho01 said:

My 2019 Nautilus had the physical mute button. The 2021 Corsair does not.

It will mute the audio system when I answer or make call.

Going through the Starbucks drive through, or any other drive through for that matter, is where I miss that mute button.  However, it is a quick toggle to lower the volume or I can just tap the power button on the audio system.  

There is a mute button on the touch screen when using it on a phone call.

Hi RH. Yes, the mute button that displays on the touch screen while on a call is to mute the call itself, so the person on the other end of the line can not hear you talking to your passenger...or yourself. ?

Good luck.

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2021 at 10:54 AM, orangeblood214 said:

That's a pretty quick transition from it being in production to it arriving to your dealer.  Mine arrived to the dealer on Monday and I am planning to head over this afternoon to pick it up.

So, how do you like it?  I'm loving mine a great deal. 

I am having an electrician install my 240V outlet in the garage tomorrow afternoon.  That will speed up my recharge time.

On 10/6/2021 at 12:45 PM, RedHoncho01 said:

So, how do you like it?  I'm loving mine a great deal. 

I am having an electrician install my 240V outlet in the garage tomorrow afternoon.  That will speed up my recharge time.

It looks nice and I enjoy driving it, though I have barely put 150 miles on it so far.  At some point, I will need to take it on a real drive, instead of just commuting/errands.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, orangeblood214 said:

It looks nice and I enjoy driving it, though I have barely put 150 miles on it so far.  At some point, I will need to take it on a real drive, instead of just commuting/errands.

I have about the same amount of miles.  The Lincoln Way app says that I am averaging over 1000 MPG primarily because I have been tooling around town in all electric mode.

Now that Corsair GT's are getting into peoples' driveways I have a few questions from owners.  I'm considering getting one but want to know few details.

First, can anyone tell me the highest possible speed in EV-only mode?  I know different PHEVs kick on the gas engine at different points.  I'm hoping to be able to keep the car in full EV-only mode as often as possible so I'd love to know if it can handle highway speeds without needing gas assist every time.  A little bit to help with merging or passing is fine, but I'd be bummed if it forces the gas engine on whenever it's over 50MPH, for instance.

Next, can anyone speak to the issues that earlier Corsairs had with noise coming from the sunroof even when closed? Per this discussion:

https://lincolnforums.com/forums/threads/corsair-wind-noise-rear.36809/

At least one driver found the noise so annoying that he unloaded the car!  My understanding is the entire point of a Lincoln is how quiet it is.  It's one of the main things drawing me to the brand.  But if this issue is as bad as reported, it's a deal-breaker for me.  I'm looking for that serene Lincoln driving experience!

Thanks for any and all replies!

5 hours ago, RedHoncho01 said:

I have about the same amount of miles.  The Lincoln Way app says that I am averaging over 1000 MPG primarily because I have been tooling around town in all electric mode.

I've been playing with the drive modes and intentionally not charging the battery.  On "Normal," even with the estimated battery distance at 0 miles, about 1/3 of the distance of a given drive (varying depending on driving conditions) will still be electric.

• Like 1

Here is something new and VERY irritating. If you set up a personal profile and delete it or save new seat settings to the memory button you used for this profile, it erases ALL your presets in audio and resets the number of preset cells to 3. I thought I was losing my mind and that there was something wrong with the vehicle.

I purposely tried it this morning and YUP, all audio presets were gone. I went through ALL my seat and presets to make certain I had everything just like I wanted and then set up my profile again. I have it set to my key fob and my phone.