Cool useful aftermarket accessories for your SD's?

1 hour ago, mikejones202 said:

Oh these covers are expensive as crap! I ride dirtbikes every weekend so my bed cover would be up fairly often....i think i am leaning more towards a roll up, but i truly appreciate the input!

Well this is actually my first tonneau ever, and yeah, I was taken back a bit when I saw the prices... I imagine that by the time I am ready to change things up from my MX4 I will then be looking at a camper shell... but wow, those are even more expensive! lol...

On 8/24/2021 at 9:44 AM, Kory04 said:

I too ordered a bedrug.  We'll see how it holds up to my abuse

I also got  a console refrigerator from Dometic.  I love how the fit and finish looks oem. I work outside a lot, away from home and hoping it helps me keep cold water and maybe bring my lunch instead of fast food everyday.  I don't mind losing the console space because its so big and I think with me, regardless of my good intentions for the console, that it would just become a catch-all, and wouldn't be used due to all the junk that would accumulate in it....and that probably wouldn't be cleaned out until 20 years later when I sell the truck.

dometic fridge.jpg

did this fit into your 22'?  what a great idea.  Mine usually turns into a dumpster

I don't have my truck yet, but I'm sure it will fit, as the console hasn't changed.  The console space in all my other vehicles always tends to turn into a dumpster as well, and the one in the super duty would be an extra large dumpster!  So, this is a "tool" for me to keep the console from becoming a dumpster

On 8/24/2021 at 9:44 AM, Kory04 said:

I also got  a console refrigerator from Dometic.  I love how the fit and finish looks oem. I work outside a lot, away from home and hoping it helps me keep cold water and maybe bring my lunch instead of fast food everyday.  I don't mind losing the console space because its so big and I think with me, regardless of my good intentions for the console, that it would just become a catch-all, and wouldn't be used due to all the junk that would accumulate in it....and that probably wouldn't be cleaned out until 20 years later when I sell the truck.

dometic fridge.jpg

I got one too!  Still waiting for the truck but found a brand new one on FB marketplace for $350

E048F034-5F2A-48A4-A2BC-FF462B435A91.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 7:44 AM, Kory04 said:

dometic fridge.jpg

That’s ingenious, I like it.   I have an old electric “ice chest” that plugs into the lighter (I said it is old?). I put behind the front seat.  Your idea is way cleaner. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 12:09 PM, tdbohannon said:

Do any of you use a bed cover w a 5th wheel hitch?  I'm thinking the roll up kind would be best so that it's easy to pull up and maximize room while towing but I'd love to have something covering it when I'm not towing....

I bought a BAK REVOLVER X4 TONNEAU COVER rolls back for the 5th wheel and doesn't block the rear window. Can barely see it out the rear window.

I'm still undecided about a bed cover, but if I get one, I really like the looks of the peragon cover.  I had previously asked posters on youtube about theirs, and they all liked them, and said they do not rattle going down the road. I believe they have a 20% off sale right now too. 

4 hours ago, Kory04 said:

I'm still undecided about a bed cover, but if I get one, I really like the looks of the peragon cover.  I had previously asked posters on youtube about theirs, and they all liked them, and said they do not rattle going down the road. I believe they have a 20% off sale right now too. 

The problem I see with the Peragon covers is if anything gets under it then it may either be a pain to open, or you may have to crawl under it and move things around to open it. This also means anything you store under it needs to be short so there is room to push the cover down to make it open. Maybe it’s not as bad as I imagine it, but I have also read where others didn’t like it for these reasons. 

1 hour ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

The problem I see with the Peragon covers is if anything gets under it then it may either be a pain to open, or you may have to crawl under it and move things around to open it. This also means anything you store under it needs to be short so there is room to push the cover down to make it open. Maybe it’s not as bad as I imagine it, but I have also read where others didn’t like it for these reasons. 

Yes, thats the problem I also saw with it.  One would want a cargo bar in front of it to prevent that, which would take a little more bed space up.  Nice looking cover otherwise

Do any of you use a bed cover w a 5th wheel hitch?  I'm thinking the roll up kind would be best so that it's easy to pull up and maximize room while towing but I'd love to have something covering it when I'm not towing....

I installed a Truxedo Truxtport soft roll up cover on ours. We had one on 2 previous trucks and it was 12 years old and still looked like new when we got rid of it. Nothing fancy, but works well for us. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Kory04 said:

Yes, thats the problem I also saw with it.  One would want a cargo bar in front of it to prevent that, which would take a little more bed space up.  Nice looking cover otherwise

I agree... I just couldn't get over that that though. I ended up going with the ever-so-popular Bakflip MX4. However, part of the reason I went with that particular one is because I also liked the Bakbox that they make, and of course, it requires the rails from the Bakflip to mount it, and I ended up getting a pretty decent deal on both when ordering them. But, I figure that in reality, I will end up with a camper shell in the next few years... until then though, I think I will be happy with the MX4. Well see... it's all been sitting here in my hallway waiting for my truck to get built... hopefully next Tuesday if all goes as planned!

• Like 1

Anyone have a hood deflector that they love? We have a Weathertech on our 2013 F250 that is totally fine, but I'm curious if there is anything even better. We thought about getting the Ford one that says Super Duty with Ford Pass points but it's absurdly expensive (seems like a waste). Any suggestions? 

Im planning on putting a cap on mine with the fifth wheel prep since the times I'll use the hitch will be rare but would definitely do a roll up tonneau if I used it a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

My top three accessories are definitely the retractable cover, bed mat (over the spray in liner) and gen-y mega duty drop hitch.  The bed mat really saves your knees when crawling around the bed.  I usually keep my hitch on all of the time.  The gen-y is not only functional, but it really provides some protection from oblivious people parking in parking lots.  You just need to watch your knees and shins around the back of the truck...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the interest of bed covers, has anyone worked with or used a "diamond back" style cover? They look quite secure, come in a few configurations and depending on the model they can support a significant load on top.

The bed mat sounds like a great addition, any brand suggestions to look at?