Cool useful aftermarket accessories for your SD's?

On 8/31/2021 at 12:09 PM, tdbohannon said:

Do any of you use a bed cover w a 5th wheel hitch?  I'm thinking the roll up kind would be best so that it's easy to pull up and maximize room while towing but I'd love to have something covering it when I'm not towing....

I have a Roll-N Lock retractable bed cover and really like it  ! !  had a Jack Rabbit- Full Metal Jacket on my last truck and liked that as well...

One reminder to the people thinking about a bed rug. I have one in my current F150 with the built in tailgate flap. If it gets wet, and the weather drops below freezing you can forget about opening the tailgate for a while till it thaws a bit. It the closest thing to a problem I have ever had with mine. I absolutely love it and if I wasn't doing a bedslide in my next truck, I would do one again.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had my F350 Dually Supercab about three weeks now....

I have added -

Vent Visors

WeatherTech floor mats

Brite Tread wheel to wheel running boards from Owens Products.

Brite Tread inset mud flaps - also Owens.

Weatherguard Toolbox

Driver rear seat release strap - Built Rite

On 10/21/2021 at 10:06 PM, Rivert0n! said:

In the interest of bed covers, has anyone worked with or used a "diamond back" style cover? They look quite secure, come in a few configurations and depending on the model they can support a significant load on top.

The bed mat sounds like a great addition, any brand suggestions to look at? 

If you like the idea of a diamond back. You should look at the renegade covers. They will handle more weight then the sides of the bed will. And it has similar options to the diamond back. Plus easier to remove when you want it off and better locking system. I'm going to order it if my truck ever gets scheduled. 

https://renegadecovers.com/product/renegade-tonneau-cover/?v=7516fd43adaa

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikejones202 said:

Anyone have any luck with the S&B cold air intake? Just ordered one for mine and should be here Friday. Just looking for opinions and what they have gotten out of theirs.

I think you’ll just get some nice induction noise, which isn’t a bad thing. Been awhile since a cai has done much afaik. 

5 hours ago, mikejones202 said:

Anyone have any luck with the S&B cold air intake? Just ordered one for mine and should be here Friday. Just looking for opinions and what they have gotten out of theirs.

I've seen in other forums for other vehicles that most CAI reduce HP.  OEMs spend millions upon MILLONS to maximize performance

• 2 weeks later...

Not really aftermarket but kind of. I did not order the factory warn winch in my recent F350 orders, opting for the dealer to install them at a later date. as far as I can find that winch was built for that space. Are there other winches that fit in that space? what should it cost for the dealer to install? 3K for the factory install seemed a little steap even for a 83K truck order. 

11 hours ago, CodyH said:

does anybody have a bedrug with the lights in the bed? I've only seen install videos of them and they look fairly cheap and loose fitting around all the tight spaces.

On my 19 Platinum I removed the light cut the opening smaller and then take an exacto knife and thin the foam behind the carpet material.  I did this so that the light would clip in and be on top of the rug material.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FathomBlueSS said:

On my 19 Platinum I removed the light cut the opening smaller and then take an exacto knife and thin the foam behind the carpet material.  I did this so that the light would clip in and be on top of the rug material.  

That sounds perfect I just haven't seen any pics or videos of it done. the only video from bedrug themselves they cut round them and it looks terrible. Do you have any pictures? also do you have the factory prep package in the bed? I've seen guys you double sided tape to put the bed rug over the pucks and trim around them so they just com out as one piece. I love the bedrug just don't want to 6rder if I'm unsure of the fitment.

On 8/27/2021 at 4:37 PM, CedarCreek said:

will try to find a light to go under the hood since the 2022 F350 Platinum I took delivery of Monday doesnt have one!

I've read that some have ordered the light from earlier models.  There's also this product.  https://www.f150leds.com/collections/2015-18-f150-leds/products/15-18_engine_bay_led?variant=34230792644

On 12/6/2021 at 1:54 AM, jmac5058 said:

Has anybody got Katsin leather seats installed , they dont come on a regular cab would cost $1700 for custom and $1400 for one color ? 

I have a friend who got them in his f150 and he is  happy with them. I think the biggest variable is the installer. 

6 hours ago, JWflorida said:

I think I’m going to order this one as well. Have you had any issues with it? Thank you 

I have the x4s on my truck and am really happy with it so far. Fit and finish look great. You can roll it up in a matter of seconds.  It doesn't roll up as tight as normal in 30 degree weather, but it still rolls up just fine. Even though it works fine in the cold weather, I would still try to not roll it up on a regular basis in efforts to prolong the life of it.   I have only had mine a couple months, so I cant comment on longevity. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kory04 said:

I have the x4s on my truck and am really happy with it so far. Fit and finish look great. You can roll it up in a matter of seconds.  It doesn't roll up as tight as normal in 30 degree weather, but it still rolls up just fine. Even though it works fine in the cold weather, I would still try to not roll it up on a regular basis in efforts to prolong the life of it.   I have only had mine a couple months, so I cant comment on longevity. 

I have had my X2 on my F150 for over four and a half years. Other than the felt underneath coming down on one side (fixed with marine sealant), it has been great!

On 8/18/2021 at 12:18 AM, 2Wheel-Lee said:

While an overhead shelf may be handy, anyone who had a Wink mirror in the 80s might imagine what it's like to hit your head on it in a collision. I don't think I'd like it blocking my forward/upward view, but it's probably ok for shorter people. 

That was the first thing I thought of - all of those items are going to become projectiles during a collision. 

• 3 weeks later...

One of the first things I'm going to purchase for my F350 is a S&B 60 gallon diesel tank. The 34 gallon that comes with the short bed is OK, but it's nice to have that extra 26 gallon fuel security. I had a 55 gallon tank for my Duramax and loved it.

https://www.sbfilters.com/fuel-tanks/powerstroke

For the "Distance To Empty" calibration, you can use Forscan to reprogram the tank size.

Edited by AtlasBlue350