2022 Lincoln Navigator

NEW LINCOLN NAVIGATOR COMMANDS THE ROAD WITH ELEVATED DESIGN, ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES INCLUDING ACTIVEGLIDE HANDS-FREE DRIVING

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 18, 2021 – Heads turn at the sight of a Lincoln Navigator with its unmistakable, commanding presence and elegant design. And with the debut of the new 2022 Navigator, Lincoln is elevating first-class travel yet again with the introduction of more effortless technologies.

“The confident, new look of Navigator and the introduction of advanced features such as Lincoln ActiveGlide – our hands-free driver-assist technology – are great examples of how we elevate our sanctuary experience and keep our vehicles fresh,” said Joy Falotico, president, Lincoln. “The new Navigator will continue to play a critical role in differentiating our brand and will welcome even more new clients to Lincoln.”

Navigator, the most awarded SUV in the segment, is responsible for about 33 percent of the brand’s conquest clients. Debuting with new exterior design elements, advanced technology and purposeful features and experiences, the Lincoln flagship will continue to build on its success to meet and exceed the discerning needs of luxury clients.

https://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/news/2021/08/18/new-lincoln-navigator-commands-the-road.html

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JTL2017 said:

Wasn’t it rumored to get the power boost hybrid? 

Yeah I thought so too. Haven't seen any mention of it in any of the information and videos posted, or even on the preview page:

https://www.lincoln.com/luxury-suvs/navigator/2022/

A little disappointing but still looks like a nice mid-cycle refresh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, akirby said:

Copilot 360 2.0 towing is separate from the towing package.  My guess is it includes active glide but it’s hard to tell for sure until the order guide is released.

Thanks AKirby - I hope you are right.  If not, there's not much point in waiting for the '22, as the only other notable feature for me (I'm not likely to order rear seat massaging) would be the upgrade to Sync4.  We'll know soon enough, I guess...

• 1 month later...

I got to see the '22 over the weekend at the auto show, and the updates looked great.  The new back end is definitely more refined looking - they nicely had the '21 on the floor on a diagonal from the "pedestaled" '22, so it made for a good back and forth look at both simultaneously.

I think Automotive News' timeline is off, but they're claiming a new Navigator is arriving for '23, while they had a new Expy for '24.  To me, this could be 3 things - 1) a year off, and both are '24, 2) a "straddle" debut like '15 Edge and '16 MKX were in that Edge came out in '15, and MKX was only a few months later but made a '16, or 3) means Navi comes a complete year earlier than Expy, which also explains why Navigator's refresh was more mild compared to Expedition, with it's replacement sooner on the horizon.

On a related note, also saw the '22 Expy, and the interior looked much better and more appropriate for the vehicle compared to a mostly direct copy from regular F-150s the 18-21 has.

• Like 4