2022 Lincoln Navigator Revealed

Lincoln has revealed the Navigator ahead of the 11am EST live stream. 

https://www.lincoln.com/luxury-suvs/navigator/2022/

Looks like the rumors are in fact true as Sync 4 and ActiveGlide (aka BlueCruise) are now both confirmed.

A number of YouTube videos have also been posted showcasing the changes:

For folks interested in tuning into the 11am EST live stream, it will be available here:

Edited by alterbridge86

And I'm sure that older (read: 2021) versions won't get the Sync update, because that's how Lincoln rolls.

ActiveGlide, Sync4, symphonic chimes, and second row massage. Meh.

And they still haven't fixed the nonsensical split front row center armrest (it creates a useless void while accomplishing nothing).

At least the got the color right for the demo vehicle. ?

44 minutes ago, akirby said:

Why would they, it’s new hardware.

Building hardware that isn't future proof is a bad idea, as is putting the latest Sync4 hardware in the 2021 Nautilus and a bunch of 2021 Fords but not the flagship Navigator.

I'd be interested to know how materially different the Sync4 hardware is and why it isn't in the 2021 Navigator.

When I was driving Expeditions, the Fusion and Explorer usually had more current hardware than the Expedition. Doesn't make sense (to me, anyway) to not put the best in your top products.

Edited by HofstraJet

21 minutes ago, HofstraJet said:

Building hardware that isn't future proof is a bad idea, as is putting the latest Sync4 hardware in the 2021 Nautilus and a bunch of 2021 Fords but not the flagship Navigator.

I'd be interested to know how materially different the Sync4 hardware is and why it isn't in the 2021 Navigator.

When I was driving Expeditions, the Fusion and Explorer usually had more current hardware than the Expedition. Doesn't make sense (to me, anyway) to not put the best in your top products.

Im reasonably sure it supports the larger screens which come with added functionality that isn’t applicable to smaller screens.  I think sync 3 has all the same functionality outside of the ones requiring larger screens.

1 hour ago, HofstraJet said:

Hi HJ. Major updates (which SYNC 4 is, in hardware/software/overall capabilities etc.) are usually reserved for mid-cycle refreshes/restyles or for "all new" model vehicles. So the mid-cycle refresh of the Navigator gets SYNC 4.

Instead of rushing major vehicle changes into an already planned carryover model year, these types of more significant updates are placed in those mid-cycle or full new model vehicles. It simply all has to do with product planning, procurement, assembly line limitations, how far along a vehicle is in its life cycle, etc. etc. It was the same with the switch over from SYNC/MyLincolnTouch to SYNC 3.

Those are some of the reasons "...the Fusion and Explorer usually had more current hardware than the Expedition". Different production cycles. When SYNC 3 was ready for production, it made no sense to hold it up from every other Ford vehicle's mid-cycle or fully new model for 1-2-3 years, just so the Expedition would have it first on its next mid-cycle or fully new model.

I realize we all don't necessarily agree with that production philosophy and want everything now, but it simply can not work that way. And it is that way with most manufacturers.

In addition, the Covid Pandemic has had a delaying effect on everything.

Hope that explanation makes sense. Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope they've added a button in the cargo area to close the power tailgate.

My '07 and '16 Navi's both had a button.  It was delightful.

My '20 Black Label only has the "do the hokey-pokey" kick under-the-bumper thing if you want to close the tailgate while you're standing next to it.  While this is a cool alternative, it only seems to work if the key is within 3' of the tailgate.  If I walk away while my kid is fetching his soccer stuff, the gate refuses to close no matter how he kicks his feet.  I imagine Ford saved $4 by de-contenting the button, but the loss in real world functionality has been disappointing.

I'm pleased I can't tell differentiate the '22 from my '20.  Thank you Lincoln!

26 minutes ago, Gpfarrell said:

My '20 Black Label only has the "do the hokey-pokey" kick under-the-bumper thing if you want to close the tailgate while you're standing next to it.  While this is a cool alternative, it only seems to work if the key is within 3' of the tailgate.  If I walk away while my kid is fetching his soccer stuff, the gate refuses to close no matter how he kicks his feet.  I imagine Ford saved $4 by de-contenting the button, but the loss in real world functionality has been disappointing.

Can you reach the button to the right of the license plate when it’s open?   Are you sure there is no button on the bottom inside liftgate panel?  Seems strange they would have deleted it entirely.

40 minutes ago, Gpfarrell said:

There is a button on the tailgate as shown in the above diagram to close it.