'22 Navigator Revealed

12 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Mild refesh....no hybrid. Maybe the hybrid will be offered mid year. I'm guessing the usual bugaboo....lack of hybrid component parts as Ford has trouble meeting demand for F150 Powerboost. 

That's my thought too. The Powerboost either being held back for later in the model year or the 2023.

25 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Mild refesh....no hybrid. Maybe the hybrid will be offered mid year. I'm guessing the usual bugaboo....lack of hybrid component parts as Ford has trouble meeting demand for F150 Powerboost. 

Definitely feels like a mild refresh. I didn’t even realize it was the new model when some images popped up on Google.  After reviewing the changes it seems like they just tighten things up a bit.  I suppose it will suffice until a full redesign, so long as it only takes a couple years for that to arrive.  

Still looks better than the current Escalade, but I have to say the new Yukon Denali looks pretty darn good.  

This thing definitely should have had the Powerboost setup, but as mentioned they are probably delaying that until more chips are available, or at least I hope so.  

22 minutes ago, mustang84isu said:

The rear end looks 100x better than the current model.  Everything else seems like a pretty mild update in comparison, but I do like the detail touches they brought to the interior wood trim.

The redesign does seem more cohesive as the front and rear blend in better than before. I would bet the aero coefficient is a bit better too. 

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

ActiveGlide sounds like a personal lubricant 

Yeah "Blue Cruise" is meh, and "ActiveGlide" sounds sexual - I get what they were going for, but...

I'm surprised they didn't go with something themed like "Lincoln Captain" - Co-Pilot would've been perfect here, but Ford already uses that for the safety system.

3 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

I wonder if it's an electrical architecture issue?  Didn't the '21 F-150 switch to a new one to accommodate they hybrid and self driving?   Though I guess if they added self driving, a hybrid shouldn't be a big deal.

Maybe they're keeping their cards close to the vest and will mention it closer to launch?

Design wise, I like the overall improvements - the nip/tuck of the front looks good, and the back is definitely improved with the more refined looking flipped lightbar.

Inside unsurprisingly didn't change much aside from the 2 new Black Label themes and bigger center screen.

I still think the map should be able to be displayed in the gauge cluster like nearly every other brand is doing now.

39 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Design wise, I like the overall improvements - the nip/tuck of the front looks good, and the back is definitely improved with the more refined looking flipped lightbar.

Inside unsurprisingly didn't change much aside from the 2 new Black Label themes and bigger center screen.

I still think the map should be able to be displayed in the gauge cluster like nearly every other brand is doing now.

I have the maps in my Audi, they were fun at first, now I don't use them at all.  I'd rather get more information in the HUD.  

6 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Agree, the digital cluster seems a bit outdated, the Escalade/Grand Wagoneer has better tech like augmented reality and night vision

I know the Navi is great as it as, but this segment is quite frankly the new flagship segment for automakers. No powerboost or increase in output for the 3.5? In fact the 3.5 loses 10hp. Hopefully they’re sandbagging it to announce another power train later on.

the grille. Just make it BIGGER. The outline and now plastic horseshoe part at the bottom is just unnecessary. The bottom horseshoe thing should have been 70% smaller or just moved to where the air dam openings are.

no soft close doors?. No coach door model. Didnt expand the digital gauge cluster outwards so that it went to the corner of the central display (ESP considering that they already didn’t give it the 15in from lighting/Mach e/ updated Expy). Listen I know Linc knocked it out the park when the Navi was introduced. But I don’t want to see them taking baby steps that relegate them back to what became the Navi being a laughing stock. In 2000 they introduced “most powerful SUV in the world with 300hp” then caddy trumped them with 345hp and Navi got no power train updates for 15years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dds010 said:

I know the Navi is great as it as, but this segment is quite frankly the new flagship segment for automakers. No powerboost or increase in output for the 3.5? In fact the 3.5 loses 10hp. Hopefully they’re sandbagging it to announce another power train later on.

the grille. Just make it BIGGER. The outline and now plastic horseshoe part at the bottom is just unnecessary. The bottom horseshoe thing should have been 70% smaller or just moved to where the air dam openings are.

no soft close doors?. No coach door model. Didnt expand the digital gauge cluster outwards so that it went to the corner of the central display (ESP considering that they already didn’t give it the 15in from lighting/Mach e/ updated Expy). Listen I know Linc knocked it out the park when the Navi was introduced. But I don’t want to see them taking baby steps that relegate them back to what became the Navi being a laughing stock. In 2000 they introduced “most powerful SUV in the world with 300hp” then caddy trumped them with 345hp and Navi got no power train updates for 15years. 

I wonder if things like soft close would've required changes to the latches/doors that they're not willing to do on a refresh?

They definitely should've done something powertrain wise (certainly not reducing power slightly).  Hopefully the replacement comes sooner than expected.

4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I wonder if things like soft close would've required changes to the latches/doors that they're not willing to do on a refresh?

They definitely should've done something powertrain wise (certainly not reducing power slightly).  Hopefully the replacement comes sooner than expected.

I know that the coach doors was a super reach, but think about how wonderful that would have been for the brand. Coach doors on a full-size leading the pack full size SUV. Just that and a wider digital tach that so that I ended where the 13inch center display begin would be huge. Coach doors would give them something iconic, even though I know that was a far fetched (hey there’s still the 25thanniversary)

but the soft close doors? That’s kinda unacceptable. Soft close door technology is how old? The switching of hardware def shouldn’t have a paramount issue.

lik I said, I know the Navi is a wonderful product, I just want to see it continue to LEAD, not have the same debacle that it had from basically 15 straight years

2 hours ago, dds010 said:

I know that the coach doors was a super reach, but think about how wonderful that would have been for the brand. Coach doors on a full-size leading the pack full size SUV. Just that and a wider digital tach that so that I ended where the 13inch center display begin would be huge. Coach doors would give them something iconic, even though I know that was a far fetched (hey there’s still the 25thanniversary)

but the soft close doors? That’s kinda unacceptable. Soft close door technology is how old? The switching of hardware def shouldn’t have a paramount issue.

lik I said, I know the Navi is a wonderful product, I just want to see it continue to LEAD, not have the same debacle that it had from basically 15 straight years

That's understandable.  It's a shame, I think it was less fords effort and more consumer perception.  For all intents and purposes, from 1998 to 2006, the nav was one of the better suv products. But seeing the escalade run away with sales after 2003 after making a vastly superior product (albeit powertrain update) probably shifted their focus alot on it.  Now lincoln finally tried and has become the new benchmark, they offer these features on the smaller aviator and others, they could have found a way to add them to the flagship.

9 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Is it still rated on premium or was it retuned for regular and lost 10hp?  It does seem strange that the output was reduced when the base 3.5 ecoboost increased power and torque on the F150.  It could use a premium V8 of some sort.  Maybe the 6.8L will be the answer.

13 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

Not sure how I feel about this refresh, it looks more attractive, but I also think it looks a little less distinct. Maybe it's just me.

I wish the rear end did not remind me so much of other suvs... Its the taillamps...

Definitely improvement in the front! Love the big black label grille, and hood lines. 

I wanted some type of hybrid powertrain, and more updates the interior. Just a two spoke steering wheel like the Nav concept would have went a long way. This segment is hot and competitive...

Is Ford/Lincoln saving resources to invest more in all the electrification coming their way? 

Or is this enough for Lincoln?...

26 minutes ago, Willwll313wll said:

I wish the rear end did not remind me so much of other suvs... Its the taillamps...

Definitely improvement in the front! Love the big black label grille, and hood lines. 

I wanted some type of hybrid powertrain, and more updates the interior. Just a two spoke steering wheel like the Nav concept would have went a long way. This segment is hot and competitive...

Is Ford/Lincoln saving resources to invest more in all the electrification coming their way? 

Or is this enough for Lincoln?...

Borg claims there's a new Expy/Navi coming for 2024 AND some sort of EV Navigator for 2026.