'22 Navigator Revealed

On 9/30/2021 at 6:46 PM, Dlcorbett said:

Changes look great in person, ESP that rear end. They still should have just made the grille a super larger opening instead of that chrome appendage part at the bottom

with seeing the Expy updates. It’s clear that Ford focused much more on it than the Navi and that’s the exact problem that Lincoln has.

no virtual nav

no performance model

same size UI screen

smaller center screen than Expy

same engine output as available in expy, for the FLAGSHIP of your luxury brand?

Edited by dds010
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dds010 said:

Changes look great in person, ESP that rear end. They still should have just made the grille a super larger opening instead of that chrome appendage part at the bottom

with seeing the Expy updates. It’s clear that Ford focused much more on it than the Navi and that’s the exact problem that Lincoln has.

no virtual nav

no performance model

same size UI screen

smaller center screen than Expy

same engine output as available in expy, for the FLAGSHIP of your luxury brand?

-I would agree that Ford/Lincoln seem a little behind in certain tech aspects - just throwing the map ability in the gauges would be a good step; virtual/augmented reality stuff is new, so it's not shocking it wouldn't have it.

-Lincoln doesn't have any performance model, so why you're expecting one here, I'm not sure.

-The screen was made bigger, though no, not as big as Expy's - I'd say Expy benefited from the Lightning pair up in that they justified that new dash by spreading costs over both, otherwise I think it would have gotten the same "plug in a larger screen in the existing interior" approach.

-Regarding the same engine output - Cadillac/GM does the same with Yukon and Tahoe/Suburban - in fact they expanded 6.2 availability on the Chevy/GMC recently.  I don't see having the same output on 2 upper trims of Expy as that big a deal.

As has been said, I'd have liked for them to do more, but if the new model is around the corner sooner than expected, then it's not entirely surprising.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

-I would agree that Ford/Lincoln seem a little behind in certain tech aspects - just throwing the map ability in the gauges would be a good step; virtual/augmented reality stuff is new, so it's not shocking it wouldn't have it.

-Lincoln doesn't have any performance model, so why you're expecting one here, I'm not sure.

-The screen was made bigger, though no, not as big as Expy's - I'd say Expy benefited from the Lightning pair up in that they justified that new dash by spreading costs over both, otherwise I think it would have gotten the same "plug in a larger screen in the existing interior" approach.

-Regarding the same engine output - Cadillac/GM does the same with Yukon and Tahoe/Suburban - in fact they expanded 6.2 availability on the Chevy/GMC recently.  I don't see having the same output on 2 upper trims of Expy as that big a deal.

As has been said, I'd have liked for them to do more, but if the new model is around the corner sooner than expected, then it's not entirely surprising.

I hear everything you said, and you’re not wrong.

thing is, y’all have to stop saying Caddy and GM and this other company does and doesn’t do when it relates to the Navi. Lincoln IS NOT in the position. That Caddy is I . The things that they can get away with (no mid cycle updates/same 6.2 output) Lincoln CANT. Lincoln is playing CATCH UP. Yes the hot a home run with the New Navi, but the Escalade had 15 YEARS of market dominance. When you’re playing catch up, you don’t just take a rest break once you’ve closed the distance 

by higher performance model, I’m talking about have a comp to the impending higher performance Escalade: that’s FIRST. Secondly, the GT Aviator LITERALLY has more hours/tq than the brands FLAGSHIP; do you not see a problem with that?

I understand the limitations with the center screen considering the horizontal dash theme BUT, no augmentation in the UI AND it’s not expanded?, for the “should be” (we know the F Series/Stang are the real flagships) flagship of the ENTIRE Ford COMPANY?…and yes I hear that a supposed new model is on the horizon but I just want Lincoln to be clear leaders in SOMETHING 

I don't believe lincoln is truly playing catchup.  They know if people want a "...", that's what they're going to get.  Looking at their sales so far, caddy is smoking lincoln, yet most every new lincoln suv is better rated than their caddy comp.  If people wanted the best offering in the class, noone would be buying either caddy or lincoln.

I think with ford showing so many innovations in the f150 and not applying them to the sister suvs is kind of making us lincoln nav fans a bit disappointed, as well as the fact the American comp are finally offering the tech that makes the europeans offerings appealing.  Lincoln never rele attempted to make a complete euro competing machine with the 18 update, and I believe they are sticking with that mantra.  However, as nice as the new sec row is(which I predicted/requested they added yrs ago), I can see why we wish for more.  The current nav was a game changer, and we just wanted to see lincoln keep it at the top.  However, I don't think it was possible on the current platform to add all the tech and features without dipping into remodel funding.  I do believe that ford wants to make a fluid product by offering "ota updates" so it wont fall too behind.

With that said, as long as it rides smoother and quieter than it does currently and they keep the prices in check(honestly, I think they should lower the price of the reserve trim to make it more appealing), their sales will continue going strong despite the competition.

Edited by Dlcorbett