Shutdown Coming to Chicago?

Pardsy

2 hours ago, Katharina said:

There are rumors flying around the plant, but no one has said anything yet, the truck plant will be shut down apparently this week comming up, but as far as i know CAP is still working.

Thank you! Any talk about how long it may be or is the talk just generally that a shutdown is coming? I saw the news last night that the truck plant was shutting down and that prompted my post. They seem to happen in clusters.

Edited by Pardsy

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.  They were just shut down the entire month of July so would be a really big kick in the pants if they did it again just 3-4 short weeks later.  I am in the same boat as you Pardsy, I currently have an estimated build date of the 9th of September, but my luck is they will shut down the plant starting that Monday.

40 minutes ago, Jamo_ said:

Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.  They were just shut down the entire month of July so would be a really big kick in the pants if they did it again just 3-4 short weeks later.  I am in the same boat as you Pardsy, I currently have an estimated build date of the 9th of September, but my luck is they will shut down the plant starting that Monday.

Fingers crossed here too. The Chicago plant has had a rough go of it, they were closed the entire month of May, one shift in June, closed in July, two shifts now in August. I'm still waiting to get the build date for our Aviator but hoping we don't get another month long shutdown.

One odd thing I did notice, not sure if it's related, but in the "Production Week Scheduling Info" that ice-capades provides they did skip a week of scheduling for Explorers/Aviators. Last week they were picking for scheduling week of 10/11, and this week they're picking for week of 10/25. So week of 10/18 is oddly skipped, but might just be reading too much into it. Not sure how much they plan for actual chip capacity on-hand vs just scheduling away until chips run out.

3 hours ago, Jamo_ said:

Stay positive they wont that week, ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just looked at the build tracker last night and mine finally hit production so that's a plus.  Side note, I saw in the order notes for the 22's they can elect to not have the auto start stop.. Wish I would have thought to ask for that on my 21.  Has to be the one feature I have hated on all cars.  They say its a smooth transition but when I am at a stop light and go to step on the gas and the car jerks for a second to reengage it drives me nuts.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 9:15 AM, Jamo_ said:

Just looked at the build tracker last night and mine finally hit production so that's a plus.  Side note, I saw in the order notes for the 22's they can elect to not have the auto start stop.. Wish I would have thought to ask for that on my 21.  Has to be the one feature I have hated on all cars.  They say its a smooth transition but when I am at a stop light and go to step on the gas and the car jerks for a second to reengage it drives me nuts.

I held off to order a ‘22, and I’m really glad I did.  Not that I had any indication of this change before ordering, but the auto start/stop is something I would have paid decent money to defeat if I had ordered a ‘21.

On 9/2/2021 at 8:15 AM, Jamo_ said:

Could you link or screenshot where you saw that auto start stop was optional for ‘22’s?

54 minutes ago, aerodrum89 said:

Could you link or screenshot where you saw that auto start stop was optional for ‘22’s?

The Auto Start-Stop Removal (52X) option is new for the 2022 Explorer but the Job #1 Date isn't until 11/01/2021. The 2022 Explorer Order Guide is available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section. 

2022 Explorer_Auto Stop-Start Removal.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The Auto Start-Stop Removal (52X) option is new for the 2022 Explorer but the Job #1 Date isn't until 11/01/2021. The 2022 Explorer Order Guide is available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section. 

2022 Explorer_Auto Stop-Start Removal.jpg

Ah ok - phew!   I guess I should have asked for clarification.  Got nervous thinking I missed out on opting out for my Aviator order.  Thanks!

I have a potentially dumb question.  

My order is in for a '22 Explorer.  I do not like/want the Auto Start-Stop feature, and would love the ability to defeat or disable it.

Do I need to specify the "Auto Start-Stop Removal (52X)" on my order?  Is this an option?  I was ignorant to this MY change when placing the order. 

16 minutes ago, gkmunch said:

I have a potentially dumb question.  

My order is in for a '22 Explorer.  I do not like/want the Auto Start-Stop feature, and would love the ability to defeat or disable it.

Do I need to specify the "Auto Start-Stop Removal (52X)" on my order?  Is this an option?  I was ignorant to this MY change when placing the order. 

Yes. It's an option on the 2022 Explorer and must be selected for the Auto Start-Stop to be removed. 

45 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Yes. It's an option on the 2022 Explorer and must be selected for the Auto Start-Stop to be removed. 

Thank you!

Edit:  Salesman and manager came back with "Not an option on this order".  No biggie.

Edited by gkmunch