2022 Center Console

harmacist

Everything I’ve seen is that the interior (like pretty much everything else except the center stack) hasn’t been changed. I actually had the safe added to my order and then deleted it with the thought that it would be one less thing to hold up scheduling and then extra time being sent somewhere else for installation. I know you can buy them aftermarket for the same price. Now that I have removed it and thought about it more, I’m not sure if I will add it on now… but anyway, yes it will fit. 

3 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

Everything I’ve seen is that the interior (like pretty much everything else except the center stack) hasn’t been changed. I actually had the safe added to my order and then deleted it with the thought that it would be one less thing to hold up scheduling and then extra time being sent somewhere else for installation. I know you can buy them aftermarket for the same price. Now that I have removed it and thought about it more, I’m not sure if I will add it on now… but anyway, yes it will fit. 

I struggled with that option.  Don't like losing that much "free" space, but it does provide a somewhat secure storage.  Should be easy enough to add later on, but I don't know if you still have access to 12v or even USB plugs.

Must have option for me.  The extra storage I would just clutter up.  If you find you are needing/wanting it later then, as others have stated, just add it.

My two musts were the safe and deleting the carpet.  All others are for my wife and kids.  

FYI... The latest 2022 Explorer Order Guide update includes the following notice about the Center Console In-Vehicle Safe.

• Deleted: Center Console In-Vehicle Safe by Console Vault –With Coded Lock DIO from all series

Ford never provides information on why certain options are cancelled. As such, it's anyone's guess as to how long the option will continue to be available for the Super Duty series.