11 hours ago, akirby said:

If you don’t count the PTUs,

Or the door latch sensor.

Or the shift to park sensor,

Or the purge valve,

Or the engine coolant problem.

Or the bad door latches.

Ot the TSS/OSS sensors.

Actually it isn’t all that bad.  No real problems with our 08 edge or 16 MKX.

You forgot the “My Ford Touch” issues.  Lol

That was the only real issue we’ve had with our 2011 Edge.  It’s been a very good vehicle. 

Edited by CurtisH

11 hours ago, akirby said:

If you don’t count the PTUs,

Or the door latch sensor.

Or the shift to park sensor,

Or the purge valve,

Or the engine coolant problem.

Or the bad door latches.

Ot the TSS/OSS sensors.

Actually it isn’t all that bad.  No real problems with our 08 edge or 16 MKX.

How about the early 2015s missing seam sealer that filled with water?  My 2015 Edge (no leaks) has been a rattle trap since day one and features the patented Ford rocking chair seat. 

47 minutes ago, sullynd said:

the patented Ford rocking chair seat. 

That’s not an Edge thing though - seems to be an ongoing problem with multiple models dating back to the 90s.  Luckily I haven’t experienced it myself in the last 15 years but I’ve seen others complain about it.

Speaking of the Edge, we were told today that as of next week we are down next week due to the fact that some of our chip supply will be sent to Michigan for Bronco and F-150. We have ran for 8 weeks straight. We built Nautilus only for 3 weeks      
then Edge production returned and we were building them steadily. The 11000 units outside started to get processed with the missing chips. Doesn’t surprise me one bit as ford has to maintain the F-150 Bronco profit beast.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

Well I read that Dearborn is only working one shift out of three next week and Kansas city is having other parts problems  so this parts shitshow really has no end in sight in 2021.

I would say it's slightly better for Ford, but not by much. Instead of production down 50% last quarter, maybe down 40% this quarter.

Also, Farley recently stated that on any given production day, up to 20% of workers call in sick. So far temps have picked up the slack. But Farley did say their chip shortage is improving. 

11 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

I would say it's slightly better for Ford, but not by much. Instead of production down 50% last quarter, maybe down 40% this quarter.

Also, Farley recently stated that on any given production day, up to 20% of workers call in sick. So far temps have picked up the slack. But Farley did say their chip shortage is improving. 

Well I would agree that it’s improved because we had a 9 week streak including one week shutdown in July. Also didn’t hear about too much other plants having downtime recently until the F-150 plant went down last week. I know that chip supply has improved but I had a feeling we would be getting more downtime even if at a lesser rate. We don’t have anymore TPTs here at OAC but Farley is right lots of ppl across these plants love taking time off! 

13 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

We don’t have anymore TPTs here at OAC but Farley is right lots of ppl across these plants love taking time off! 

I've heard stories of people who used to work at my dad's plant going to Twin Cities when it was open and other plants and how bad it was at times (normally the start of hunting season) that people just didn't show up for work. 

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I've heard stories of people who used to work at my dad's plant going to Twin Cities when it was open and other plants and how bad it was at times (normally the start of hunting season) that people just didn't show up for work. 

We got some hunters up here at OAC as well and I know guys book off time and take time off for that reason as well. Bottom line is absenteeism will seemingly always be a problem especially when the 10 hour shifts are rolling plus mandatory Saturday OT. Ppl get burned out, lower seniority guys don’t have the vacation time we get. Some ppl are just dogfuckers and don’t like working much lol. 

2 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

We got some hunters up here at OAC as well and I know guys book off time and take time off for that reason as well. Bottom line is absenteeism will seemingly always be a problem especially when the 10 hour shifts are rolling plus mandatory Saturday OT. Ppl get burned out, lower seniority guys don’t have the vacation time we get. Some ppl are just dogfuckers and don’t like working much lol. 

Yeah I get that but they didn't seem to have those issues at Edison when it was open, but people from the Northeast of the US are wired a bit differently then rest of the country when it comes to working, and depending on how you look at things. We are a bit more high strung then most places. 

I knew an guy that did communications work and was working down south for a period of time. The guy was knocking out something like 8-10 jobs a day where his coworkers where lucky to do 3-4. His boss loved him for that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

The majority of Edge sales are already AWD, removing FWD simplifies ordering and build processes,

it also helps with defined supply types and quantities when looking to finish.

Yeah I don’t think it will have that great an effect on sales. We we’re told this was coming at contract time. 

37 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Yeah I get that but they didn't seem to have those issues at Edison when it was open, but people from the Northeast of the US are wired a bit differently then rest of the country when it comes to working, and depending on how you look at things. We are a bit more high strung then most places. 

I knew an guy that did communications work and was working down south for a period of time. The guy was knocking out something like 8-10 jobs a day where his coworkers where lucky to do 3-4. His boss loved him for that. 

I guess the majority of the old Edison assembly had a good work ethic then. Any boss will like someone who has that kind of work ethic working 8-10 hours consistently.

9 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

Yeah I don’t think it will have that great an effect on sales. We we’re told this was coming at contract time. 

Yeah, Ford wants to build a sales mix with good profitability but still not unlike how the Fusion wind down……

Edited by jpd80

7 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Yeah, Ford wants to build a sales mix wit good profitability but still not unlike how the Fusion wind down……

How did they wind down the fusion??? I still feel like it’s a shame it’s gone although maverick seems like a viable replacing In terms of pricing and utility.

7 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

How did they wind down the fusion??? I still feel like it’s a shame it’s gone although maverick seems like a viable replacing In terms of pricing and utility.

They reduced build complexity which was code for fewer build choices, especially when Titanium buyers deserted after 2016.

Since Ford is all trucks and SUV/CUV now, maybe Ford needs to follow the Subaru model and make AWD standard across the lineup, especially since technology has made AWD as fuel efficient as 2WD. Add in extreme weather in all regions, and AWD is almost a necessity now. Higher ground clearance except for Mustang and AWD. Why let Subaru remain the only AWD auto company. Every region is dealing with global warming and blown out infrastructure.