What does your Super Duty Pull/Tow?

8 hours ago, MI173 said:

I plan to pull a 27’ snowmobile trailer, it’s 46 degrees outside right now, starting to get a little anxious about the commodity holds. My order is a priority code 2 and looks like I’ll be held up on spray in liner and 3.55 axel.

WE had 3 on order, ALL had 3.55 and spray in liner..

1 truck was received BEFORE scheduled build day...The  2nd SHIPPED  before the build day... and the 3rd shipped 3 days after the scheduled build day.. SO, don't let those commodity issues worry you.... NOW, IF you said you had the Adaptive Steering, I would tell you to worry..

1 hour ago, Ford truck guy said:

WE had 3 on order, ALL had 3.55 and spray in liner..

1 truck was received BEFORE scheduled build day...The  2nd SHIPPED  before the build day... and the 3rd shipped 3 days after the scheduled build day.. SO, don't let those commodity issues worry you.... NOW, IF you said you had the Adaptive Steering, I would tell you to worry..

Did your trucks have the electronic locking diff? That's where the current commodity hold is on axles, 3 of the 4 ratios of the ELD aren't available, as of a couple days ago. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, road turtle said:

dang, I'm just getting ready to start camping :)

It's going to start getting cold here in the next few weeks... usually snow on the ground by early November. Our trailer isn't a 4 season one but if it was and if I didn't have 2 messy little boys I would definitely do some winter camping

2 hours ago, Shane60 said:

It's going to start getting cold here in the next few weeks... usually snow on the ground by early November. Our trailer isn't a 4 season one but if it was and if I didn't have 2 messy little boys I would definitely do some winter camping

All the more reason to head south :)  So far, I'm working from home, and home is wherever I have stable internet!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, road turtle said:

All the more reason to head south :)  So far, I'm working from home, and home is wherever I have stable internet!

Would love to go south, we usually drive to Florida for a week in the winter but I'm in canada and the border is still closed to us. Also I can't work from home, not until heavy equipment can be operated remotely haha.

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

Ditto!  A trip planned for this weekend and Halloween weekend.  Trying to talk the wife into another Thanksgiving trip.  Last year it was 60+ over Thanksgiving and perfect camping weather.

Ready to give that Ferrari another go?

7 hours ago, rescueohio said:

We plan on touring this beautiful country with our 33 foot Jayco 5th wheel when the truck arrives.  Right now the trailer is setting on our driveway waiting on the truck.

I’m in a similar boat. Replacing both the truck and upgrading to a fifth wheel.

My F350 XLT SCLB is in production and we will looking for the fifth wheel next. How do you like the Jayco?

Thanks,

Bob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorizontalHunter said:

I’m in a similar boat. Replacing both the truck and upgrading to a fifth wheel.

My F350 XLT SCLB is in production and we will looking for the fifth wheel next. How do you like the Jayco?

Thanks,

Bob

We had not planned on getting the cart before we had the horse to pull it but the right trailer and the right deal presented itself so we had to jump on it.  Just can't pull this trailer with my 2005 F150 STX with 4.6L.  We are loving the Jayco although we have not had the opportunity to travel with it yet but it seems to check all of the boxes for us.

• Like 1

We tow a 2013 41' Redwood FL - 16,500lb GVW, with 3,500 lb+ pin weight. Upgraded the trailer brakes from electric drum to hydraulic disk and the suspension to Lippert Centrepoint in 2016. Huge inprovement.

Started with a 2013 F-350 Lariat SRW 6.7 CCLB 4x2, then upgraded to a 2016 Lariat DRW CCLB and now have a 22 F-450 on order. Great coach for our home away from home.

• 2 weeks later...

This was our longer term retirement plan, didn't expect to pull the trigger for a couple more years, Covid basically pulled everything ahead.  I'm still working, albeit from home.  We didn't kill each other in a 19' TT, so that was good.

We ordered the 5th wheel sight unseen.  I'm very pleased with it.  We leave in another month for 4 months to FL.  Taking our first real vacation in years to key west, and then to our winter location near Tampa, where I will continue to work from home.

image.thumb.png.4d1228483836943d26e33bce1d351d57.png

• Like 2