Kentucky Plant UAW Sticker

dgbson

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but had my windshield replaced and with it went my Kentucky plant sticker.  Is there a way of getting a new one.  Ive searched here, google, etc. and haven't been able to find the same generation.  Is there someone here who can help me find another?  I know its trivial, and most don't care, but I do.  If it cant be replaced than so be it.

Its a 2014 Super Duty

20210823_123726.thumb.jpg.1f7d64558f31843fdf3ba6abb4e4e06e.jpg

21 hours ago, dgbson said:

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but had my windshield replaced and with it went my Kentucky plant sticker.  Is there a way of getting a new one.  Ive searched here, google, etc. and haven't been able to find the same generation.  Is there someone here who can help me find another?  I know its trivial, and most don't care, but I do.  If it cant be replaced than so be it.

Its a 2014 Super Duty

If Ford doesn't want to do anything try contacting the UAW

If Ford doesn't want to do anyting try contacting the UAW Local 862. Explain the situation to them I'm pretty sure there is a stack of 500,000 stickers the guys plaster all over their lunch boxes and their own vehicles and their buddies vehicles and everything else under the sun 

That's a Ford/UAW/plant sticker,  those boys are very proud of those!

I was a Business Agent for a major theatrical union for 8 years so before anyone misunderstands my point...

The UAW has no business, contract or otherwise, affixing UAW decals on vehicles and if it's a contract matter, Ford should never have agreed to allow the decals. If so, perhaps the UAW should assume partial liability for warranty expenses related to plant assembly issues and the expenses to correct those issues. And if Ford quality ratings suffer, the UAW should share that responsibility. And if the UAW affixes decals to vehicles at UAW staffed plants, perhaps decals should be affixed to vehicles at non-UAW plants stating that they were not assembled at UAW staffed plants.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• ice-capades changed the title to Kentucky Plant UAW Sticker
49 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I was a Business Agent for a major theatrical union for 8 years so before anyone misunderstands my point...

The UAW has no business, contract or otherwise, affixing UAW decals on vehicles and if it's a contract matter, Ford should never have agreed to allow the decals. If so, perhaps the UAW should assume partial liability for warranty expenses related to plant assembly issues and the expenses to correct those issues. And if Ford quality ratings suffer, the UAW should share that responsibility. And if the UAW affixes decals to vehicles at UAW staffed plants, perhaps decals should be affixed to vehicles at non-UAW plants stating that they were not assembled at UAW staffed plants.  

It's not just a UAW thing. UNIFOR puts similar stickers on vehicles built at OAC. It's part of the reason I've procrastinated in replacing the windshield on my flex. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 7:09 AM, Ski-Bum said:

Ok, I will bite. Why did you take the time to peel it off. 

As stated, it's ugly and I could care less to advertise for KTP.  Seeing the condition my truck was delivered in, I'd say KTP and the UAW are pretty crappy overall.  

On 8/27/2021 at 4:48 PM, bshort said:

As stated, it's ugly and I could care less to advertise for KTP.  Seeing the condition my truck was delivered in, I'd say KTP and the UAW are pretty crappy overall.  

I'm sorry that your truck got delivered dirty.  Do you have any pictures? Was it a 2021 that was held for chips?

1 hour ago, waloud said:

I'm sorry that your truck got delivered dirty.  Do you have any pictures? Was it a 2021 that was held for chips?

Dirt is fine.  The missing interior trim, delaminated side window, bent lower bed metal and scratched cab corner were not fine.  2022.  

Sorry to 1/2 hijack your thread dgbson, but I can't help myself I held out as long as I could.....?

Why is it every time a new car or truck has an issue the UAW gets the blame.

But when you buy an item from a non-union Place nobody ever says non-union workers suck.

It's so funny to me that when people's trucks are as expected and no issues..."Ford makes the best truck out there" but when something is wrong with that same truck it's the UAW that does crappy work.

Back when employees turned every nut and bolt, everything that went wrong was lazy UAW people, now that computers and robots do a good bit of the work, guess who still gets the blame, the stupid lazy UAW people.

Of all the trucks out there they say Ford is the best truck, they should fire every single one of those UAW employees and rehire them for half the wage as non-union employees, or move the plants to Mexico or China then it's not the UAW anymore that makes crappy trucks whose fault will it be at that point.

Dude you got a bad truck I'm sorry to hear that, I know that's frustrating when you spend that much money, I've been there,  I get just as irritated. But is it really the UAW or the Kentucky to blame....

Could there be other reasons why stuff may be coming out subpar...

But I don't care if you buy a Lamborghini a Rolex a BMW a Toyota a Dell computer a pool a garage a tractor a trailer a lawn mower, a power tool etc etc etc.    you're going to get possible lemon no matter who makes it! How much money you have paid! What country is it came from!

I think it is freaking funny as hell and absolutely Preposterous that somebody blames one tooth (in this case two) in the entire Cog for a bad product.

If you want something built to Perfection with no issues hire a team of Swiss and German engineers with the world's best Machinist and other skilled professionals tell them you have an unlimited budget but when you pick up this product from them it better be absolutely perfect...

That truck would cost 10 times more than what you paid and I guarantee you you would still have an issue.

I am a union elevator service repair adjuster. . I pride myself on doing the absolute best work I can do. The work I do I do as if my grandfather will be coming in and checking my work oh, and my wife and two daughters will be riding that elevator next oh, and a picture of me is posted in the elevator saying this guy did the work.

But I can't help it if I'm getting cheap parts and the company it's not allowing me to spend enough time on it and pull me out of there before I am able to finish and send somebody else in because the next guy is faster...... because the customer that owns the elevator only wants to do half of the recommended work because it's cheaper.

But yes I I'm either labeled as slow lazy Union employee that takes too much time, or he left and a week later it broke down they don't do quality work.

Well there is always more to the story boys and girls, but guess what the elevator company never gets blamed it's always the stupid lazy slow overpaid Union elevator guy that is to blame.

So yes I am ranting I am chewing out and I'm hoping I can get somebody to open their eyes and say maybe he has a damn point.

Guys am I right or am I wrong?

???? yeah I'm sensitive about the stuff and I can go off on a rant hold my beer and watch this!?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Lol....his truck was made on a Friday on a holiday weekend....

Sorry for venting fellas it's just a touchy subject for me.

I apologize

Not the right time and place.

A Monday truck.  Don't really want to hijack, but here's a pic of the bent bed.  One of the straight side and one of the bent side.  The cab corner on that side is scraped up behind there, but I couldn't get that pic to upload.  

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

Edited by bshort

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/23/2021 at 5:50 PM, dgbson said:

Its a 2014 Super Duty

20210823_123726.thumb.jpg.1f7d64558f31843fdf3ba6abb4e4e06e.jpg

Hey dgbson.....

I know it is not the same generation of sticker but I called the UAW and ask them for one of the other stickers that I can put on my back glass and with you in mind i asked if they could send me a window decal also.

I was hoping it would be the sticker you wanted, if you do want it I'd be happy to send it off to you.

So the sticker is for you if you want it.

Let me know.

16318894331543115908355619919116.jpg

Screenshot_20210921-213120_Gallery.jpg

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR
  • Like 2

On 9/3/2021 at 4:20 PM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Damn I write a lot when I get frustrated???

I have always said: There are 3 people you can never pay enough; Brain surgeons, airline pilots and elevator repair personnel.

I went to the Porsche factory a while ago and at that time each engine was started and finished by one person; why; because if there ever was an issue they knew who to blame..

On 9/3/2021 at 5:18 PM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Sorry to 1/2 hijack your thread dgbson, but I can't help myself I held out as long as I could.....?

Why is it every time a new car or truck has an issue the UAW gets the blame.

But when you buy an item from a non-union Place nobody ever says non-union workers suck.

It's so funny to me that when people's trucks are as expected and no issues..."Ford makes the best truck out there" but when something is wrong with that same truck it's the UAW that does crappy work.

Back when employees turned every nut and bolt, everything that went wrong was lazy UAW people, now that computers and robots do a good bit of the work, guess who still gets the blame, the stupid lazy UAW people.

Of all the trucks out there they say Ford is the best truck, they should fire every single one of those UAW employees and rehire them for half the wage as non-union employees, or move the plants to Mexico or China then it's not the UAW anymore that makes crappy trucks whose fault will it be at that point.

Dude you got a bad truck I'm sorry to hear that, I know that's frustrating when you spend that much money, I've been there,  I get just as irritated. But is it really the UAW or the Kentucky to blame....

Could there be other reasons why stuff may be coming out subpar...

But I don't care if you buy a Lamborghini a Rolex a BMW a Toyota a Dell computer a pool a garage a tractor a trailer a lawn mower, a power tool etc etc etc.    you're going to get possible lemon no matter who makes it! How much money you have paid! What country is it came from!

I think it is freaking funny as hell and absolutely Preposterous that somebody blames one tooth (in this case two) in the entire Cog for a bad product.

If you want something built to Perfection with no issues hire a team of Swiss and German engineers with the world's best Machinist and other skilled professionals tell them you have an unlimited budget but when you pick up this product from them it better be absolutely perfect...

That truck would cost 10 times more than what you paid and I guarantee you you would still have an issue.

I am a union elevator service repair adjuster. . I pride myself on doing the absolute best work I can do. The work I do I do as if my grandfather will be coming in and checking my work oh, and my wife and two daughters will be riding that elevator next oh, and a picture of me is posted in the elevator saying this guy did the work.

But I can't help it if I'm getting cheap parts and the company it's not allowing me to spend enough time on it and pull me out of there before I am able to finish and send somebody else in because the next guy is faster...... because the customer that owns the elevator only wants to do half of the recommended work because it's cheaper.

But yes I I'm either labeled as slow lazy Union employee that takes too much time, or he left and a week later it broke down they don't do quality work.

Well there is always more to the story boys and girls, but guess what the elevator company never gets blamed it's always the stupid lazy slow overpaid Union elevator guy that is to blame.

So yes I am ranting I am chewing out and I'm hoping I can get somebody to open their eyes and say maybe he has a damn point.

Guys am I right or am I wrong?

???? yeah I'm sensitive about the stuff and I can go off on a rant hold my beer and watch this!?

My grandpa was an over 40 year Ford employee as an oiler at a stamping plant. He walked off a ship at Ellis Island with his wife and infant son (my dad) in 1952 and was hired by Ford. I'm pretty proud of my heritage as a UAW family! He passed away last year. I'm also in a union for my job, although not for Ford. 

• Like 3