2022 Order Confirmed...now what?

21 minutes ago, mikejones202 said:

Hi y'all!

I just placed an order last week 8/19 for a 22 F250 Lariat and got my order confirmed email on 8/20....is there anything else where I can log into to see where it is at in the production process? Thanks in advance!

Did they give you any kind of a lead time?  It really depends on the options you ordered, but I'm guessing you'll be lucky to see that truck in 2021.  I ordered 5/8 and just got a VIN and production date of 9/27 about 2 weeks ago.  Seems like, until you get that VIN and production date, there's not too much you can track. 

Edited by billnathutch

12 minutes ago, billnathutch said:

Did they give you any kind of a lead time?  It really depends on the options you ordered, but I'm guessing you'll be lucky to see that truck in 2021.  I ordered 5/8 and just got a VIN and production date of 9/27 about 2 weeks ago.  Seems like, until you get that VIN and production date, there's not too much you can track. 

Oh goodness....they told me anywhere from 6 weeks to 4 months.....I did a lariat with black appearance package, star white, ultimate trailer tow, and ultimate package with the 6.7

16 minutes ago, mikejones202 said:

Oh goodness....they told me anywhere from 6 weeks to 4 months.....I did a lariat with black appearance package, star white, ultimate trailer tow, and ultimate package with the 6.7

Seems like the adaptive steering is one of the real big hang ups, most have called their dealer and cancelled that option to try and hurry it up.  I've heard a few on this forum say that they ordered in July or August and were told 6 to 8 months, but that's hearsay.  Good luck!!

3 hours ago, mikejones202 said:

Hopefully you didn't pick adaptive steering, they won't be building any of those for the rest of the year it looks like.

8 hours ago, mikejones202 said:

You have 2 options until you get a vin, your sales guy, or cyberdman here in the Vehicle locator forum. Make sure to read and follow the rules there.

You can also watch the weekly scheduling information and weekly scheduling notes posts in the production and sales forum, that will give you an idea of what is getting scheduled each week and if there are any commodity issues that may delay your truck.

Nobody really knows the true science on how and when trucks get picked up for scheduling. Ive had my order in since June 9th and still dont have a vin.

Edited by mattdm

2 hours ago, mattdm said:

You have 2 options until you get a vin, your sales guy, or cyberdman here in the Vehicle locator forum. Make sure to read and follow the rules there.

You can also watch the weekly scheduling information and weekly scheduling notes posts in the production and sales forum, that will give you an idea of what is getting scheduled each week and if there are any commodity issues that may delay your truck.

Nobody really knows the true science on how and when trucks get picked up for scheduling. Ive had my order in since June 9th and still dont have a vin.

The system doesn't make sense.  I've had a vin # for quite a while.  Order date is 3/26.  Dealer told me the build time was scheduled for 8/11.  8/11 has come and gone with no change out of "In order processing" to production.  I see trucks ordered a month or better after mine have already been delivered so it's a huge question what hangs some trucks up and others just move along.  My order is a 2022 F350 6.7 Platinum.  NO active steering so that's not stopping.  The dealer hasn't been too much help. His only comment it's probably hung because of microchips/modules....ehhhh I don't know about that after seeing a fair number of trucks move along.  It's almost like it's lost in the system. 

we ordered 3 of the 2022's Lariats.... 2 mid March and 1 last week of April.. They all were just given a build DAY last week....   They are scheduled to be week of 9/13... 1 ON 9/13- this one was ordered last... 1 on 9/15... and 1 on 9/17

ALL 3 originally had the Adaptive Steering, my dealer called and told me they would NOT be scheduled with that option any time soon, probably till at least late 2021 or  early next year... ITS BEEN A LONG WAIT

On 8/24/2021 at 2:19 PM, slowninja14 said:

In the track Ford vehicles by employee section.  He does this on his own time out of the kindness of his heart.  So FOLLOW his rules and he'll give you accurate info.

Can you point me to this resource?  Either my internet or the site's search option isn't working for me.  I ordered on the 23'rd and got zero emails (my dealer apparently didn't add my email and they aren't really helpful - at all).  I finally had to call Ford Marketing and they gave me my VIN (yay!) but said they couldn't see if there was a build week or not (that I had to call my dealer).  

46 minutes ago, tdbohannon said:

Can you point me to this resource?  Either my internet or the site's search option isn't working for me.  I ordered on the 23'rd and got zero emails (my dealer apparently didn't add my email and they aren't really helpful - at all).  I finally had to call Ford Marketing and they gave me my VIN (yay!) but said they couldn't see if there was a build week or not (that I had to call my dealer).  

You have to wait until you have 15 posts then look in the employee forum.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tdbohannon said:

You ordered on the 23'rd of this month and already have a vin?? Dang!