COVP approval verification

LarryD

I ordered a 22 F350 Platinum on April 30. After learning of the COVP on this forum in early June, I went into my dealership and ask him to submit my order into it. Sales Manager stated he had seen the email but hadn’t read it yet. We sat down in his office and he submitted it. I have asked 3 times and showed him a screen shot of the approval email. He has insisted that the email comes to me. He stated there is no way he can check on approvals. That just doesn’t seem right. Anyone know how to check this. Maybe I can call him and walk him thru it. I know I should not have to do this, but I want my truck. Since mine was totaled, canceled all camping plans since April. Help anyone?

4 hours ago, LarryD said:

I ordered a 22 F350 Platinum on April 30. After learning of the COVP on this forum in early June, I went into my dealership and ask him to submit my order into it. Sales Manager stated he had seen the email but hadn’t read it yet. We sat down in his office and he submitted it. I have asked 3 times and showed him a screen shot of the approval email. He has insisted that the email comes to me. He stated there is no way he can check on approvals. That just doesn’t seem right. Anyone know how to check this. Maybe I can call him and walk him thru it. I know I should not have to do this, but I want my truck. Since mine was totaled, canceled all camping plans since April. Help anyone?

Has he submitted your signed build order agreement?? A copy of your drivers lic. And finally a receipt of your deposit because those 3 things are what need to be submitted for approval of Ford’s COVP agreement to move your truck up which basically moves u away from the allocation of your dealer snd just gets it into fords system and at that point once your commodity’s are met u will get scheduled. Which is my understanding I could be wrong but this is my understanding!!!! Good luck FYI I have been waiting since 3/18/21 for a build date and vin number !!!! 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LarryD said:

I ordered a 22 F350 Platinum on April 30. After learning of the COVP on this forum in early June, I went into my dealership and ask him to submit my order into it. Sales Manager stated he had seen the email but hadn’t read it yet. We sat down in his office and he submitted it. I have asked 3 times and showed him a screen shot of the approval email. He has insisted that the email comes to me. He stated there is no way he can check on approvals. That just doesn’t seem right. Anyone know how to check this.

The Dealer doesn't know or can't be bothered! There is a specific COVP page for Dealers to access at the FMCDealer.com portal where retail order information is submitted to the COVP program and where they can verify the status. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stanggt24 said:

Has he submitted your signed build order agreement?? A copy of your drivers lic. And finally a receipt of your deposit because those 3 things are what need to be submitted for approval of Ford’s COVP agreement to move your truck up which basically moves u away from the allocation of your dealer snd just gets it into fords system and at that point once your commodity’s are met u will get scheduled. Which is my understanding I could be wrong but this is my understanding!!!! Good luck FYI I have been waiting since 3/18/21 for a build date and vin number !!!! 

Maybe that’s the problem if a deposit is required. I was prepared to give one but they insisted that I did not need to.  

No down payment is required under the Customer Order Verification Program.  The two requirements are (1) signed and dated buyers order clearly showing customer name, order number and eligible order date and (2) copy of customers driver's license.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1