Ford cancels Bronco-based pickup

Had the Bronco pickup been produced I would definitely have been interested. My guess was that if we did get the Bronco pickup, we would not have gotten the Ranger Raptor and it would have remained a ROW only product. Depending on what drivetrain they use in the Ranger Raptor I might be just as happy with that anyway, assuming it will actually be sold in NA. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

They probably should do a single cab for fleet only. After all, Terminix and Nappa loved those single cab Rangers. 

I think it will come down to how much plant capacity exists relative to Bronco production.  If they need more Ranger volume they should go after those fleet sales.  If not they’ll just maximize retail sales.

So my 3 year lease on my 2019 Ranger is up in April 2022. I know Ford Credit can extend leases up to 6 months and have been quite a bit lately, but do you think I would have a chance of getting one of those 2023 Rangers by October 2022? When is Job 1? Anyone know? I'm afraid it'll probably be calendar 2023 by the time we see them, but one can be hopeful.

6 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

So my 3 year lease on my 2019 Ranger is up in April 2022. I know Ford Credit can extend leases up to 6 months and have been quite a bit lately, but do you think I would have a chance of getting one of those 2023 Rangers by October 2022? When is Job 1? Anyone know? I'm afraid it'll probably be calendar 2023 by the time we see them, but one can be hopeful.

Depending on how long the chip shortage and excess used car inflation continues, you might actually come out ahead buying out your lease and then selling or trading in your 2019 at its higher inflated used car value when the new Ranger becomes available.

1 hour ago, Gurgeh said:

Depending on how long the chip shortage and excess used car inflation continues, you might actually come out ahead buying out your lease and then selling or trading in your 2019 at its higher inflated used car value when the new Ranger becomes available.

I might do this with my Fusion even though I just got it in February. 

2 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

Not a bad idea. Thanks!

20 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

Wait, they're doing a 2 door ranger? 

There has been one all along in other markets. Personally, I was a little surprised that a regular cab wasn't offered here initially. The one in the photo ultimately  may not be in the NA lineup, either.

Things are never quite as they seem , next Gen Ranger has a big job in going after more mid sized buyers.

No way is Ford pleased about Tacoma still getting +20,000 sales a month, a better Ranger will see Ford

carving into that sales lead, especially without the distraction of a Bronco pickup.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1