no f150 production 9/27 week?

limited4140

43 minutes ago, limited4140 said:

maybe ice capades  can answer.  there is a rumor around some of the forums. that a guy saw a email at his dealer saying no f150 production week of 9/27?  dosent make a lot of sense.  

Ford does not send e-mail messages or post notices at the FMCDealer.com portal regarding plant down time. The only notices are those included in the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) which is updated weekly. Many Dealers don't know about the information available in the FDNB's or bother to look at it unless the dealership is actively engaged in the fleet business which is a totally separate process regarding order submissions, scheduling and substantially longer OTD (Order to Delivery) timelines. 

A Ford Zone Manager could have sent an e-mail to a dealership about F-150 plant down time but I've never seen a Zone Manager send such information. 

Unfortunately, the most reliable sources for information about upcoming plant "down time" are the media sources such as the FordAuthority.com site. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Ford does not send e-mail messages or post notices at the FMCDealer.com portal regarding plant down time. The only notices are those included in the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) which is updated weekly. Many Dealers don't know about the information available in the FDNB's or bother to look at it unless the dealership is actively engaged in the fleet business which is a totally separate process regarding order submissions, scheduling and substantially longer OTD (Order to Delivery) timelines. 

A Ford Zone Manager could have sent an e-mail to a dealership about F-150 plant down time but I've never seen a Zone Manager send such information. 

Unfortunately, the most reliable sources for information about upcoming plant "down time" are the media sources such as the FordAuthority.com site. 

thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2021 at 4:28 AM, limited4140 said:

maybe ice capades  can answer.  there is a rumor around some of the forums. that a guy saw a email at his dealer saying no f150 production week of 9/27?  dosent make a lot of sense.  

I sure hope not... My 3rd build date is now slated for Sept 30 & I was just able to pull up my window sticker. Fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, GypsyG said:

I sure hope not... My 3rd build date is now slated for Sept 30 & I was just able to pull up my window sticker. Fingers crossed.

As I posted previously, Ford does not notify Dealers of plant "down time" other than that posted in the weekly FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) which is scheduled down time and vacation time. The FDNB does not included interrupted plant schedules due to the microchip shortages. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...