Ranger Splash is back

Ranger Splash Is Back! Classic Name Reimagined in a New Package with a Series of One-Time-Only Colors to Follow | Ford Media Center

Nice idea they do just a few hundred/thousand in a color and move on to the next theme.

I just hope they do another great Ranger Splash focused commercial. It is so bad you remember it!

Ford Ranger Splash commercial - 1994 - YouTube

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I also love a good flareside... and completely support what they're doing with the Splash. 

Here's hoping they fully embrace the early-90's jellybean colors. 

Like  purple and teal? These were everywhere in my High school parking lot when I went. $59 a month lease was perfect for a high school kid to afford; they just sucked in the snow as the deal was on the RWD with no limited slip.  

3 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

Ranger Splash Is Back! Classic Name Reimagined in a New Package with a Series of One-Time-Only Colors to Follow | Ford Media Center

Nice idea they do just a few hundred/thousand in a color and move on to the next theme.

I just hope they do another great Ranger Splash focused commercial. It is so bad you remember it!

Ford Ranger Splash commercial - 1994 - YouTube

The Splash Limited Edition will be limited to a single batch (it says starting with Splash Snow Edition, which I assume will be all white).

The regular Splash package (the orange color with black stripes) will be available for the entire model year as appearance option on XLT and Lariat. Ford will build as many as dealer will order.

Edited by bzcat
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I also love a good flareside... and completely support what they're doing with the Splash. 

Here's hoping they fully embrace the early-90's jellybean colors. 

That'd certainly be an easier way to justify more "out there"/playful colors for Bronco too - to give Ranger Splash the same colors.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Without the step side bed which made the Ranger Splash unique, this is just a wannabe Splash. 

What made the Splash unique was the painted grille, different wheels, and special colors and in particular, the painted bumpers. Stepside bed was available on regular Ranger without the Splash appearance package. 

So I would say the new Splash is pretty much the same forumar as the old one - unique grille, wheels, and color. 

Ford_Ranger_XLT_stepside.jpg

1.jpg

The painted bumper later made a return on Ranger Edge but it had the regular grille and normal wheels. I believe Ranger Edge used Explorer wheels which were not otherwise available on regular Ranger. So this aspect is similar to the new Splash... I think the wheels came from Bronco. 

1024px-Ford_Ranger_Edge_--_06-20-2011.jp

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Ford released pictures of the new, unique colors for 2022 Ranger Splash Limited Editions.

Snow Edition - paint color "Avalanche"

2022rangersplash-snowedition-1642179699.

Sand Edition - paint color "Desert Sand"

2022rangersplash-sandedition-1642180218.

Forest Edition - paint color "Forged Green"

2022rangersplash-forestedition-164218079

i like the colors, but they don’t seem to fit on a vehicle called “splash”

8 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Sand Edition - paint color "Desert Sand"

2022rangersplash-sandedition-1642180218.

Side note - we've seen some Bronco mules in this color as well, so Bronco folks are likely to get the option soon.

7 hours ago, T-dubz said:

i like the colors, but they don’t seem to fit on a vehicle called “splash”

Agreed.

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I agree, I was expecting something a lot brighter, maybe a more fluorescent tone. 

I'm surprised they're even giving unique colors.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Side note - we've seen some Bronco mules in this color as well, so Bronco folks are likely to get the option soon.

I think it will hog all of the attention. 

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I'm surprised they're even giving unique colors.

That's fair given that '22 (and maybe/maybe not '23) Ranger is a carryover until the new one arrives.