'21 August Sales Report

E-series actually had a 4% increase.  Seems in line or slightly better than the 40% drop expected due to chip shortage.  Hopefully the chip situation will rapidly improve with the Renesas plant coming back online after the fire.  According to Renesas’ press release full shipping capacity should have been reached in late July.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rmc523 said:

The bloodbath continues, unfortunately.

I guess they found a bunch of Nautilii

For those that like red lol:

image.thumb.png.2517f40a062229ef868d8618332ebaca.png

We built Nautilus only for 3 weeks albeit low numbers obviously per shift in July  so that’s where the bunch of Nautilus came from. The vehicles that are sitting outside OAC are all Edges which are slowly being fixed with new microchips being installed. 

• Like 2

Average transaction price

Trucks and Utilities ……….$50,800

Lincoln vehicles………………$58,900 including strong Nautilus sales

So while sales are terrible, Ford is biasing production to a rich sales mix

thanks to 4x4/AWD sales. 

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

thanks to 4x4/AWD sales. 

It will be interesting to see how Maverick affects that ATP number, as units start being delivered later this year.

HRG

4 hours ago, jpd80 said:

thanks to 4x4/AWD sales. 

They’re pumping out the higher end models to maximize profit in the midst of this microchip shitshow.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, slemke said:

E-series actually had a 4% increase.  Seems in line or slightly better than the 40% drop expected due to chip shortage.  Hopefully the chip situation will rapidly improve with the Renesas plant coming back online after the fire.  According to Renesas’ press release full shipping capacity should have been reached in late July.

the E series is so old its probably exempt from any chip shortages.....lol.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, akirby said:

As expected but damn - $9K increase in ATPs!   At least they’re making the best of a bad situation.

If/when we ever see $10,00.00 off MSRP-a lot of people who bought are going to see their equity evaporate.  Of course-with Ford we may never see those kind of discounts again-or at least for a foreseeable future.

So-I guess right now you can pay sticker-$1,00.00 off for ordering-then dealer markup OVER MSRP then finance with Ford credit at 0%. Such a deal.  

Edited by CKNSLS

8 minutes ago, CKNSLS said:

Of course-with Ford we may never see those kind of discounts again-or at least for a foreseeable future.

Very true CKNSLS sir. Ford's sales strategy in the U.S., as seen in the August 2021 sales report, is based on sales quality > sales quantity. It's likely this strategy will be permanent from this point on. In the U.S. market, the days of heavy discounts for retail consumers, fleet dumping, and overall uncompetitive cost structures in Ford's pursuit of sales growth  are over. 

2 hours ago, akirby said:

If the shortage continues I wouldn’t be surprised if they kill Edge early.  I hope not but I think it’s possible.

It is possible especially since ford changes plans constantly it seems. It has gotten better the past couple of months at our plant, we haven’t been laid off as much lately. Since post July summer shutdown we’ve only been down this past week. I believe more downtime is on the horizon even if it’s at a lesser rate. I really hope not as well we can’t just build nautilus only for any prolonged period of time as the edge has always been the main course at OAC.

19 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Found some inventory and production numbers over at 6g:

Ford August 2021 Gross Stocks.jpg

Ford August 2021 Production.jpg

Production numbers definitely look a lot better for August.

July numbers at OAC reflect Nautilus only build for 3 weeks. Production has been 8 hours both shifts in the main plant 9-10 hours in body and paint in August so it has gotten better.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Very true CKNSLS sir. Ford's sales strategy in the U.S., as seen in the August 2021 sales report, is based on sales quality > sales quantity. It's likely this strategy will be permanent from this point on. In the U.S. market, the days of heavy discounts for retail consumers, fleet dumping, and overall uncompetitive cost structures in Ford's pursuit of sales growth  are over. 

I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT. But I have feeling GM may not play like this. If we agree Ford, GM, and RAM are competitive products-all it takes is for one (my bet is on GM) to offer $5,000.00 off sticker and even SOME of those loyal to one brand will at least consider a test drive. Then if there are enough "conquest sales" Ford may have to reconsider. Profitability at what ultimate cost?

Edited by CKNSLS
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, CKNSLS said:

I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT. But I have feeling GM may not play like this. If we agree Ford, GM, and RAM are competitive products-all it takes is for one (my bet is on GM) to offer $5,000.00 off sticker and even SOME of those loyal to one brand will at least consider a test drive. Then if there are enough "conquest sales" Ford may have to reconsider. Profitability at what ultimate cost?

I believe Ford is offering $3500 rebate on new Edges in some regions and $1500 rebate on Bronco Sports.

1 hour ago, CKNSLS said:

I think that if Ram or Silverado make a serious play for King of the Hill, Ford would sell at cost or less. Farley ain't going to lose the crown on his watch after 44 years & counting. Ford's third generation of F-Series buyers are arriving online and in showrooms. In the words of a sales manager I once worked under, "Nobody leaves the store in the truck they drove in."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CKNSLS said:

Of course they’ll match pricing if sales start to drop too much.  But I thought GM and Ram have traditionally been cheaper than F series anyway.

5 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

If/when we ever see $10,00.00 off MSRP-a lot of people who bought are going to see their equity evaporate.  Of course-with Ford we may never see those kind of discounts again-or at least for a foreseeable future.

So-I guess right now you can pay sticker-$1,00.00 off for ordering-then dealer markup OVER MSRP then finance with Ford credit at 0%. Such a deal.  

Ford’s intention in the future  is to keep inventory levels much tighter, so maybe they never

need $10k incentives to move vehicles that should have never been built in the first place?

One benefit of restricted production is that it forces manufacturers like Ford to face a different 

reality of making more money by expending fewer resources and that runs contra to Detroit thinking.

BEVs offer a fantastic opportunity to hit the reset button and only build the trim profiles that work

for improved profitability through showing buyers real value in better vehicles.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2