Retail vs Stock Order

Evanl

I’m curious what defines a dealer stock order. Do the dealers develop their own builds from a preset list of preferences that typically sell in their area?

I understand the retail aspect, just curious if someone went and ordered a truck if it would get switched to a dealer stock sticker if it matched something the dealer would order for themselves.

5 hours ago, Evanl said:

I’m curious what defines a dealer stock order. Do the dealers develop their own builds from a preset list of preferences that typically sell in their area?

I understand the retail aspect, just curious if someone went and ordered a truck if it would get switched to a dealer stock sticker if it matched something the dealer would order for themselves.

Dealers order whatever models and options and colors they want although Ford can impose some restrictions on the mix.  All of the options are exactly the same whether retail or stock.  Only difference is the priority.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, akirby said:

Dealers order whatever models and options and colors they want although Ford can impose some restrictions on the mix.  All of the options are exactly the same whether retail or stock.  Only difference is the priority.

Do customer orders have a higher priority than dealer orders?

Seems like the dealer near me was pushing customer orders.  Thru Sep 7th, the dealer & presumably Ford was offering a $1500 rebate and 0% financing.

13 minutes ago, AtleeH said:

Do customer orders have a higher priority than dealer orders?

Seems like the dealer near me was pushing customer orders.  Thru Sep 7th, the dealer & presumably Ford was offering a $1500 rebate and 0% financing.

Yes. Dealer stock orders are priority 20-99. Customer orders are priority 10-19. Lower is better.

Also consider it benefits ford and the dealership to make it to order so the car doesn't sit on a lot as the customer takes it as soon as it arrives.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gkmunch said:

Interesting!  I just checked my order and it's a priority 19 - sometimes ignorance truly is bliss...

Not necessarily bad provided they’re all at 19 or at least all the ones after your order.  Only a problem if a later order goes in below 19.

15 hours ago, akirby said:

Not necessarily bad provided they’re all at 19 or at least all the ones after your order.  Only a problem if a later order goes in below 19.

Thanks for the explanation; this whole process is very new to me.  I actually pinged my salesman yesterday and had it bumped up to a 12. ?

54 minutes ago, gkmunch said:

Thanks for the explanation; this whole process is very new to me.  I actually pinged my salesman yesterday and had it bumped up to a 12. ?

If you can, you want your Salesman to put your order in as a 10.  10 is the highest priority for a customer build from my understanding from being on here since April and asking similar questions waiting on my Explorer to get put together :)

2 hours ago, Jamo_ said:

If you can, you want your Salesman to put your order in as a 10.  10 is the highest priority for a customer build from my understanding from being on here since April and asking similar questions waiting on my Explorer to get put together :)

Again, it’s all relative to the other orders at that dealership.  The only way 10 is better than 12 is if an order placed after gkmunch gets a priority 10 or 11.  It doesn’t make Ford build them any faster it just determines your place in line at the dealership.

You could be a priority 19 and be first in line.  It’s all relative.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 8:48 AM, gkmunch said:

Interesting!  I just checked my order and it's a priority 19 - sometimes ignorance truly is bliss...

19 is the default code for retail orders. Every dealership is different for how they manage codes 10-19. It is also only relevant to your particular dealer, If your dealer only has 3 trucks on order and they are all 19 then it wont make any difference to change it.

8 minutes ago, mattdm said:

19 is the default code for retail orders. Every dealership is different for how they manage codes 10-19. It is also only relevant to your particular dealer, If your dealer only has 3 trucks on order and they are all 19 then it wont make any difference to change it.

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system default priority code is 19 for retail orders requiring Dealers to manually assign a lower priority code. Most Dealers don't realize it, pay attention or bother to adequately manage their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) to change retail priority codes and end up with all their retail orders having the same 19 priority code. Doing so tells the ordering system that the Dealer doesn't care which orders are scheduled first as it treats all the orders equally. The original order date is a minor factor in the process. The ordering system follows the path of least resistance regarding commodity restraints and will schedule the orders it can the easiest. 

15 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system default priority code is 19 for retail orders requiring Dealers to manually assign a lower priority code. Most Dealers don't realize it, pay attention or bother to adequately manage their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) to change retail priority codes and end up with all their retail orders having the same 19 priority code. Doing so tells the ordering system that the Dealer doesn't care which orders are scheduled first as it treats all the orders equally. The original order date is a minor factor in the process. The ordering system follows the path of least resistance regarding commodity restraints and will schedule the orders it can the easiest. 

I ended up ordering another Bronco because I decided I had to have the Sasquatch Package and could not change my first order since it is already scheduled for production. I am looking at a copy of my Second Bronco Order and it shows Type: Retail and Priority Code: 99

How is this happening?

15 hours ago, danglin said:

I ended up ordering another Bronco because I decided I had to have the Sasquatch Package and could not change my first order since it is already scheduled for production. I am looking at a copy of my Second Bronco Order and it shows Type: Retail and Priority Code: 99

How is this happening?

Call your Dealer. A "99" code means "Do NOT Schedule" but a "99" code shouldn't be available. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 10:48 AM, gkmunch said:

That could just mean that there are other retail orders ahead of yours at that dealership. Your order will still be ahead of all their stock orders for that model

18 minutes ago, Chrisgb said:

That could just mean that there are other retail orders ahead of yours at that dealership. Your order will still be ahead of all their stock orders for that model

The default priority code for retail orders submitted via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system is 19. Dealers must assign a lower priority code. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrisgb said:

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The default priority code for retail orders submitted via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system is 19. Dealers must assign a lower priority code. 

I was assigned a 10 priority for my Ranger and just assumed that mine was the first order for that scheduling period.

105667661_previeworder0019.pdfcopy.jpg.96d932555caec0b541c9671d66379220.jpg

1 hour ago, LarryD said:

After the Regional Manager changed my priority to a 02, I got a vin # the next week for a built week of 10/11. Next week it was changed to built week 10/18. Hope it holds up.

I got a priority code 02 back on 9/13 and still waiting for a vin. I think the AS is still holding it up even with a 02. 

30 minutes ago, yorid said:

I got a priority code 02 back on 9/13 and still waiting for a vin. I think the AS is still holding it up even with a 02. 

I've read that they are specifically not scheduling AS on Lariat or below, and possibly one other trim level, too -- regardless of priority.

On 10/8/2021 at 6:00 PM, yorid said:

Scheduling Notes - 2022MY F-Series Super Duty

Super Duty with Adaptive Steering - we will not be scheduling the following 22MY Super Duty configurations:

• Lariat with Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Lariat Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
  • Platinum With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Platinum Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
  • Limited

There is no information on why or how long the Adaptive Steering (60A) will be on hold for the above models.