Customer placed camera question

DecodanMcQ

Hello, going to pick up my ‘22 F-350 Platinum tomorrow. I ordered the customer placed camera, and my question is. 

Does the dealer have to wire the truck so there is a plug at the rear of truck near trailer 7 pin connector. I know I have to wire the trailer but was unsure if I also have to wire the truck. 

Thanks for your help.

52 minutes ago, DecodanMcQ said:

Hello, going to pick up my ‘22 F-350 Platinum tomorrow. I ordered the customer placed camera, and my question is. 

Does the dealer have to wire the truck so there is a plug at the rear of truck near trailer 7 pin connector. I know I have to wire the trailer but was unsure if I also have to wire the truck. 

Thanks for your help.

There will be a new 7way trailer plug in the kit. That has the 12 pin plug for the camera/tpms system.  Be easy enough to do yourself. The camera cable will be up under the bed somewhere.  If your dealer is good I'd think they would do it for you. 

the customer placed camera is designed to go on a trailer, and be relatively DIY friendly. The truck will come with a little install kit that is pretty straight forward to attach to your trailer. There will be a second plug beside the normal trailer plug on your truck that it will plug into.

Its pretty much just a matter of placing the camera, and then running the provided wire to the front of the trailer to plug into your truck.

I have this option on my 2020. It comes with a camera, a 20’ trailer harness, and a replacement trailer connector. You can crawl underneath where the spare is and easily disconnect the old trailer plug in 2 minutes. Then pop the one in that was included with the kit. It will basically have the normal round connector on top and a new camera plug on the bottom. The harness included plugs into the bottom plug and runs back to the trailer and plugs into the camera. Easy DIY project. Took me about an hour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suncoast said:

I have this option on my 2020. It comes with a camera, a 20’ trailer harness, and a replacement trailer connector. You can crawl underneath where the spare is and easily disconnect the old trailer plug in 2 minutes. Then pop the one in that was included with the kit. It will basically have the normal round connector on top and a new camera plug on the bottom. The harness included plugs into the bottom plug and runs back to the trailer and plugs into the camera. Easy DIY project. Took me about an hour. 

Is the plug in the bed or the bumper?