Adaptive Steering hold time frame??

yorid

22MY Super Duty Scheduling:

• On Thursday, September 9, only retail orders will be selected for scheduling.
  • Super Duty with Adaptive Steering -   Until further notice, we will not be scheduling the following 22MY Super Duty configurations:
    • Lariat With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Lariat Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
    • Platinum With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Platinum Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
    • Limited
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ice-capades said:
  • Super Duty with Adaptive Steering -   Until further notice, we will not be scheduling the following 22MY Super Duty configurations:
    • Lariat With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Lariat Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
    • Platinum With Adaptive Steering (60A) (including Platinum Tremor equipped with Adaptive Steering)
    • Limited

Any idea or even a guess on how long "Until further notice" may be

21 minutes ago, yorid said:

Any idea or even a guess on how long "Until further notice" may be

33 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

22MY Super Duty Scheduling:

• Limited

I don’t see King Ranch with AS in there??

3 hours ago, cjrazus1 said:

I don’t see King Ranch with AS in there??

Because it's a different color steering wheel.  Which makes one wonder what they are short of, exactly?  Plastic for black steering wheels, or some chip component, or what?  They can't ship a single Limited since AS is included, so they must be working hard on solving the problem.

24 minutes ago, ScottK1 said:

Because it's a different color steering wheel.  Which makes one wonder what they are short of, exactly?  Plastic for black steering wheels, or some chip component, or what?  They can't ship a single Limited since AS is included, so they must be working hard on solving the problem.

There are literally hundreds of components that could cause vehicles to not be built.  Trying to figure out specific parts other than the ones Ford mentions specifically like AS is pointless.

• Like 1

The King Ranches are being built with Adaptive Steering, correct?  Other than color what other differences could there be between the trims levels that are holding up production?

Either Color or some commitment to sell X number of King Ranch Trims.  Having said that, I figured that the AD was internal and not color specific. 
In any case, I am surprised that there isn't any information on the AD issue. But yes, I'm sure Ford would prefer to sell all they can though.

On 9/10/2021 at 10:20 AM, AurthurCurry said:

In any case, I am surprised that there isn't any information on the AD issue. But yes, I'm sure Ford would prefer to sell all they can though.

Seems like someone at Ford would have general idea of how long this will last, 3 months - 6 months or should I wait for a 2023

My guess, and it is simply a guess is that AS commodity hold will last quite some time.  Bed liner will resolve much quicker and is easier to deal with after build.

I dropped both and my truck was scheduled the next Thursday for production week of.  I am happy with my decision to be impatient and drop both....

I was going to hold out also, but then said screw it.  With no time frame as to when it would be available, I felt I wouldn’t get the truck until early next year.  Didn’t want to wait that long.  If I feel I really miss it (which I don’t think I will), I’ll trade up to a ‘24 in a couple of years.  I’m sure there will be plenty more changes by then that I will want! ?