Ford hires Doug Field from Apple

Ford hires Apple executive who led its secret car project | TechCrunch

Ford Motor has hired Doug Field, the engineering executive who was leading Apple’s special projects team, as the automaker seeks to gain an edge in software and other advanced technology.

Field, who previously was senior vice president of engineering at Tesla, was named Tuesday as Ford’s chief advanced technology and embedded systems officer. Field was most recently VP of Apple Special Projects, a team that was also working on its so-called Titan car project.

While I don't have my order yet, I've been reading that the UI with Sync 3 on the Explorer ST's "iPad" leaves a lot to be desired.  This seems like a step in the right direction, however I'm not expecting an eventual fix on my MY22; it will probably take a next iteration of hardware to improve the interface design.

5 hours ago, gkmunch said:

While I don't have my order yet, I've been reading that the UI with Sync 3 on the Explorer ST's "iPad" leaves a lot to be desired.  This seems like a step in the right direction, however I'm not expecting an eventual fix on my MY22; it will probably take a next iteration of hardware to improve the interface design.

It largely works like anything else in the lineup just with a taller orientation for the upgraded models.

my one complaint about the taller screen was with the backup/360 cameras - they retain the same side-by-side layout of the 8” version which results in a tiny picture relative to the screen.  And then they filled the rest of the screen with a parking sensor image.  Why not take advantage of the real estate and stack the full width rear view and full width 360?

• Like 1