Mustang Mach-E Police Cruisers

The Mustang Mach-E's lighting conversion was performed by Safeguard SVP.

"The all-electric Ford Mustang Mach-E is now available in the shockingly bright paint scheme of the British police.

"Seven departments across the country are looking to trail the battery-powered utility vehicle as a patrol car, complete with the familiar yellow and blue livery.

"Ford revealed the specially-prepared vehicle at the Emergency Services show in Birmingham and the Metropolitan Police Force that handles London has requested one for a full evaluation.

"The all-wheel-drive standard range Mach-E has has been equipped with an auxiliary bank of buttons below its large touchscreen interface and all of the standard emergency lighting used by British forces. The trim is rated in the U.S. with 211 miles of range per charge, but the Mach-E is available in versions with ranges up to 305 miles.

" 'The vehicle range is uncompromised as the blue light equipment is being drawn from the vehicle’s 12V battery and not the drive battery,' Terry Adams, Blue Light Direct Sales Manager, Ford of Britain and Ireland said.

" 'In future developments we will look to increase this battery capacity to allow for additional equipment to be fitted.' "

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/electric-ford-mustang-mach-e-british-police.amp

Edited by Gurgeh

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gurgeh changed the title to Mustang Mach-E Police Cruisers
2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

If anything these are going to be used as general use patrol vehicles and not interceptors, sorta like the Fusion was being used as. 

The Michigan State Police will be testing the Mach E to see how it performs on the highway.  I know they test for top speed, acceleration etc. and the results of their tests are used by other agencies when ordering police vehicles.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/a37638846/michigan-state-police-test-mustang-mach-e/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mackinaw said:

The Michigan State Police will be testing the Mach E to see how it performs on the highway.  I know they test for top speed, acceleration etc. and the results of their tests are used by other agencies when ordering police vehicles.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/a37638846/michigan-state-police-test-mustang-mach-e/

I wish our city fleet manager was one of those who paid attention to the data. Instead we’re stuck with his Dodge roots from his days working at corporate. 

It's interesting that this 'pilot car' came out of the Ford Pro operation; I guess that makes sense, but I didn't realize until now that apparently Ford's police vehicle efforts have been folded into Ford Pro:

“The Ford Pro all-electric police pilot vehicle based on the 2021 Mustang Mach-E SUV just became the first all-electric vehicle to pass the rigorous Michigan State Police 2022 model year evaluation. Testing included acceleration, top speed, braking and high-speed pursuit, as well as emergency response handling characteristics.

Ted Cannis, CEO of Ford Pro, commented on the announcement:

“The fact that the Mustang Mach-E successfully stood up to the grueling Michigan State Police evaluation demonstrates that Ford can build electric vehicles that are capable, tough, and reliable enough for even the most challenging jobs. We understand the needs of our commercial customers and are committed to unlocking new electrification opportunities for them.”

Does anyone know what mods were made (if any) to this MME to make it ready for the Michigan test (and police duty)?

https://electrek.co/2021/09/24/ford-mustang-mach-e-passes-michigan-state-police-test/

13 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

It's interesting that this 'pilot car' came out of the Ford Pro operation; I guess that makes sense, but I didn't realize until now that apparently Ford's police vehicle efforts have been folded into Ford Pro:

That’s why I kept bringing up police fleets in the Ford pro discussion.  Was pretty sure it includes both government and commercial fleet vehicles.

• Like 1