Incentives on ordered trucks?

Question about incentives on ordered vehicles.

I ordered a Power Boost based on an incentive of $1500 rebate and 0% interest for 72 months, if I ordered before Sep 7.  

It was suggested on another Ford truck board that  if those incentives weren't in effect when the truck was delivered, I wouldn't get them.  Is that correct?

6 hours ago, akirby said:

Correct assuming your dealer filed for incentive protection.

you claim it at delivery date through Vincent...theres a box you click on if you want to use the Protected order date...I don't think we have to apply, its automatic...Ive got protection on my long lost Sport ordered Feb1!!!!~was a $500 rebate with 0.9....right now theres no rebates and 1.9...Ill take the protected date for $500 Trebec... 

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Deanh said:

you claim it at delivery date through Vincent...theres a box you click on if you want to use the Protected order date...I don't think we have to apply, its automatic...Ive got protection on my long lost Sport ordered Feb1!!!!~was a $500 rebate with 0.9....right now theres no rebates and 1.9...Ill take the protected date for $5200 Trebec... 

Poor Alex has to be turning over in his grave with the Jeopardy fiasco!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

you claim it at delivery date through Vincent...theres a box you click on if you want to use the Protected order date...I don't think we have to apply, its automatic...Ive got protection on my long lost Sport ordered Feb1!!!!~was a $500 rebate with 0.9....right now theres no rebates and 1.9...Ill take the protected date for $500 Trebec... 

Must have changed then (which is a good thing).  Pretty sure in the past you had to claim it at order time because a lot of dealers didn’t know about it or just didn’t bother.

• 7 months later...
22 minutes ago, akirby said:

There should be an option in smart Vincent to select either current incentives or incentives at time of order.  I saw it posted but can’t remember the details.  Worst case try calling Ford directly.

Thank you for all your incites.  I really appreciate all the efforts you and Ice do for the loyal Ford customers!!!!!!

1 hour ago, akirby said:

There should be an option in smart Vincent to select either current incentives or incentives at time of order.  I saw it posted but can’t remember the details.  Worst case try calling Ford directly.

I just tried looking at Smart Vincent but didn't see it as related to the topic. I'll try to dig further later to see if I can find it. 

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

I just tried looking at Smart Vincent but didn't see it as related to the topic. I'll try to dig further later to see if I can find it. 

There was a screen shot showing those 2 options - time of order and current.  But I do t remember anything else.

43 minutes ago, akirby said:

There was a screen shot showing those 2 options - time of order and current.  But I do t remember anything else.

All I can find is that it's done when the Dealer registers the customer and deal in Smart Vincent but the process details are only available by viewing related Ford videos. Even the Quick Reference Guide just links to video training. The search function at FMCDealer.com is an effort in futility and generates responses that are 99.9% unrelated to what the user is looking for. And believe it or not, Ford supposedly updated it a few months ago!

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

20 hours ago, ice-capades said:

All I can find is that it's done when the Dealer registers the customer and deal in Smart Vincent but the process details are only available by viewing related Ford videos. Even the Quick Reference Guide just links to video training. The search function at FMCDealer.com is an effort in futility and generates responses that are 99.9% unrelated to what the user is looking for. And believe it or not, Ford supposedly updated it a few months ago!

Thank you for your comments above.  I will inform the dealer that there are two different screens within Smart Vincent. One screen that shows the “Current Incentives” and another screen that shows the “at time of order Incentives” and if they have questions to call Ford directly.  I initially thought that “at time of order” meant that the incentive had to be selected when I ordered the vehicle and the reward had expired on 1/3/22.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 5:54 AM, jtcdmc said:

Thank you for your comments above.  I will inform the dealer that there are two different screens within Smart Vincent. One screen that shows the “Current Incentives” and another screen that shows the “at time of order Incentives” and if they have questions to call Ford directly.  I initially thought that “at time of order” meant that the incentive had to be selected when I ordered the vehicle and the reward had expired on 1/3/22.

Just this morning I watched a video on You Tube from Tim at Long McArthur Ford in which he explains Price & Incentive Protection. About 5 minutes in he shows the Smart Vincent screen & the correct check boxes that need to be checked to pull past &/or current incentives & interest rates.  It's one screen with different check boxes. I've been waiting for my truck since last October so I'm pretty sure incentives/ rates were better then than now.  I hope I understood the question correctly & that this is helpful info.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 10:11 AM, ice-capades said:

Ice / AKirby,

I just wanted to thank both of you from the bottom of my heart.  Our F450 has been delivered to the dealership and with all of your comments on the forum, we were able to purchase the truck at MSRP when it was ordered and receive the Ford reward discount.  We are blessed receiving our truck knowing there are so many earlier customers still waiting for their truck.

IMG_4874-2.jpg

• Like 3