Troubles with Maverick launch

Reports out today that Hermosillo quit making hybrids until further notice affecting dealer and retail orders. No reason given. Also no towing package for fwd Mavericks. Another.launch not going to plan. Assume its parts shortages. But after all the excitement for the hybrid and orders, very frustrating. 

11 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Reports out today that Hermosillo quit making hybrids until further notice affecting dealer and retail orders. No reason given. Also no towing package for fwd Mavericks. Another.launch not going to plan. Assume its parts shortages. But after all the excitement for the hybrid and orders, very frustrating. 

I don't think Ford was prepared for the take rate on the hybrid....I would say over 95% of our orders have that drivetrain....I would say that's the reason they have halted Hybrid production.,..they just don't have enough.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

It is not just Ford with the issues, Ford just had some huge launches during this time and actually went though with them. GM and FCA  kicked many of their updates and launches a full model year+ down the road, eliminated features and still don't have lots full of vehicles. What people thought was going to get better as the year went on is only getting worse, more shortages are showing up in the supply chain. Even Toyota who manages their supply chain the best out of any OEM is on shut downs,  pushed the launch of the Tundra until late this year and sequoia until next year and is in the same spot as the full industry.

Only companies doing fair at best are Hyundai/Kia and that is because Korean Chip makers are taking care of their own industry first. (this is the consensus on the street but isn't confirmed) They are saying it is because they didn't cut chip orders but Toyota didn't either and they seem to be getting a lot more chips than Toyota is. 

• Like 3

Well, if you have a limited supply of hybrid parts, makes more sense to use them to build $30,000+ Escape hybrids and $40,000+ Explorer hybrids and $60,000+ Powerboost pickups instead of $20,000+ Mavericks. So much for a cheap pickup that gets 40+ mpg, and sounds like affordable BEV's are a long way off with shortages continuing years into the future. Last I heard earliest is 2023-24.

16 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Well, if you have a limited supply of hybrid parts, makes more sense to use them to build $30,000+ Escape hybrids and $40,000+ Explorer hybrids and $60,000+ Powerboost pickups instead of $20,000+ Mavericks. So much for a cheap pickup that gets 40+ mpg, and sounds like affordable BEV's are a long way off with shortages continuing years into the future. Last I heard earliest is 2023-24.

nope....Maverick has FAR more interest and backed up orders than the Escape Hybrid could even wish for....and its the only hybrid you mentioned that shares the same drivetrain....its also not effected so much with the chip issue...the Powerboost F150s have 1700 plus chips in them according to an article I read the other day... 

13 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Per Ford's scheduling notes for this week...

22MY Maverick Scheduling

• Maverick FWD w/ Trailer Tow Pkg – 22MY Maverick will no longer offer the FWD (W8E) with Trailer Tow Package (53Q).
  • Maverick Hybrid Scheduling – Until further notice, hybrid orders will not be selected for scheduling.

In regards to the hybrid, does that just mean they have too many orders for the hybrid for the 2022 MY or is there a problem? We already knew they would be order only and not stocked for dealer inventory.

24 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Per Ford's scheduling notes for this week...

22MY Maverick Scheduling

• Maverick FWD w/ Trailer Tow Pkg – 22MY Maverick will no longer offer the FWD (W8E) with Trailer Tow Package (53Q).
  • Maverick Hybrid Scheduling – Until further notice, hybrid orders will not be selected for scheduling.

That could have been worded MUCH MUCH BETTER.

TBD or No Hybrid's scheduled this week would have worked much better. 

10 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I'd have to guess, only a guess, that it's related simply to not being able to meet the demand for the hybrid powertrain right now and cutting off hybrid scheduling until they can be assured of supply to meet further scheduling needs.  

my thoughts exactly...overwhelmed at the percentage of hybrid builds...I don't think its a chip issue....which...GRRRR, is now effecting Bronco Sports in the ordering bank....

25 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Well not a rumor now since it was confirmed by Ice-Capades. 

This is where I got rumor from .... Jalopnik

I would agree that it is poorly written if this scheduling hold last 1-2 weeks.

Maybe trying to tell us this isn’t a temporary hold?
Maybe Ford has been found out badly by customer demand and supplier unable to deliver?

This Ford you know, they have the most wretched luck……..

and I get this picture of dealers with heads and arms pointed to the sky yelling out Faaaaaaarrrrrk

Edited by jpd80

20 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Well not a rumor now since it was confirmed by Ice-Capades. 

This is where I got rumor from .... Jalopnik

I would agree that it is poorly written if this scheduling hold last 1-2 weeks.

we received a bulletin I believe from Ford stating that...I thought the rumor you were pertaining to was either a chip issue or drivetrain shortage...either way...just another Brick in the Wall as Pink Floyd stated...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Deanh said:

we received a bulletin I believe from Ford stating that...I thought the rumor you were pertaining to was either a chip issue or drivetrain shortage...either way...just another Brick in the Wall as Pink Floyd stated...

They’re absolute geniuses at self harm, pick a day, pick an excuse……

38 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

They’re absolute geniuses at self harm, pick a day, pick an excuse……

to say its unexpected given all the crazy peripheral circumstances, would be rather unwise no?....I don't think there will be a faultless release by ANY manufacturer for some time... 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Maybe trying to tell us this isn’t a temporary hold?
Maybe Ford has been found out badly by customer demand and supplier unable to deliver?

This Ford you know, they have the most wretched luck……..

and I get this picture of dealers with heads and arms pointed to the sky yelling out Faaaaaaarrrrrk

we have said FAAAARK a few times lately....Bronco, Bronco Sport, Maverick, Mach E, Lightning will be next....and of course the chip issue....did I mention the complete lack of Transits and Transit Connects...pffffffft!

Edited by Deanh
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, akirby said:

What else is more accurate than until further notice?  They don’t know exactly how long it will last.

How about sticking to your weekly update since …ITS A WEEKLY UPDATE!

Just report on what you have to and don't worry about future weeks.

Hybrid orders will not be scheduled this week. BAM! 

38 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

How about sticking to your weekly update since …ITS A WEEKLY UPDATE!

Just report on what you have to and don't worry about future weeks.

Hybrid orders will not be scheduled this week. BAM! 

You don’t think Ford should tell dealers that they expect the scheduling hold to last more than a week or two?

7 minutes ago, akirby said:

You don’t think Ford should tell dealers that they expect the scheduling hold to last more than a week or two?

No. If it's a weekly update, why should they when they aren't sure when it's going to end?  In my opinion, fulfill your obligation of distributing the weekly information and state the facts for that time period. When you give more information or "the until further notice" , especially when the facts aren't clear, people will overreact. "OMG...who the F knows when!!!"

Maybe I am just jaded from writing so many outage/maintenance notifications along with RFO's from the IT infrastructure side.