Troubles with Maverick launch

16 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

No. If it's a weekly update, why should they when they aren't sure when it's going to end?  In my opinion, fulfill your obligation of distributing the weekly information and state the facts for that time period. When you give more information or "the until further notice" , especially when the facts aren't clear, people will overreact. "OMG...who the F knows when!!!"

Maybe I am just jaded from writing so many outage/maintenance notifications along with RFO's from the IT infrastructure side. 

Eh, on the flip side, if you know it may be a while, dealers will know that, rather than being "spin the wheel, find out if this is the week".....of a true weekly update.

8 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Eh, on the flip side, if you know it may be a while, dealers will know that, rather than being "spin the wheel, find out if this is the week".....of a true weekly update.

I guess it all comes down to what is causing the delay and if they "really" know (90% sure or greater). These supply chain issues are so fluid right now, I wouldn't want to have to put anything out there in writing.

21 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

No. If it's a weekly update, why should they when they aren't sure when it's going to end?  In my opinion, fulfill your obligation of distributing the weekly information and state the facts for that time period. When you give more information or "the until further notice" , especially when the facts aren't clear, people will overreact. "OMG...who the F knows when!!!"

Maybe I am just jaded from writing so many outage/maintenance notifications along with RFO's from the IT infrastructure side. 

So let’s take the IT version.  You have weekly bug fixes and a feature stops working and you know it’s going to be at least 2 months before it will be fixed.  Do you tell them every week “nope not fixed this week” for 7 weeks in a row or do you tell them it’s targeted for 2 months?

To me it’s helps the dealer set expectations with buyers who have unscheduled orders.  Not scheduled this week means it might resume next week.  Until further notice means it will be several weeks or longer.  But maybe that’s just me.

3 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

How about sticking to your weekly update since …ITS A WEEKLY UPDATE!

Just report on what you have to and don't worry about future weeks.

Hybrid orders will not be scheduled this week. BAM! 

Until further notice cuts down the emails and phone calls .

2 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

I guess it all comes down to what is causing the delay and if they "really" know (90% sure or greater). These supply chain issues are so fluid right now, I wouldn't want to have to put anything out there in writing.

Right, and they haven't put anything concrete in writing, just "until further notice" which could be next week, or 3 months from now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Thank you ANTAUS sir. Autoblog's analysis indicates the "rumor" is meaningless. Ford stated last month that they are focusing on retail customer sold orders for Maverick Hybrid.

That auto blog article speculates the lack of scheduling only applies to dealer stock but that’s not what ice-capades posted,   When Ford says no scheduling that applies to both retail and stock orders.

All it really means is they have enough orders already scheduled for the next few build cycles.  It doesn’t mean they’re ot able to build them.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1

Automotive News is reporting that Ford is halting scheduled production of Maverick hybrids due to PARTS AVAILABILITY. I wonder if this situation is affecting hybrid production at LAP. I haven't seen any new Escape hybrids even though LAP has been open for about 2 months now. Lots of hybrids, plugins on order with VINs, but nothing on the ground. 

3 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Hey "Antaus", do you contribute anything to this forum other than links to autoblog stories?

I've learned being quiet, is easier than dealing with personalities, Been on this site since late 90s, I've had my fair share of "discussions", and Alpha dogs trying to one-up each other to the point of getting nasty. So other than personal opinion, I don't get into the weeds of discussion.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Motor Trend claims it's all a misunderstanding:

While this type of verbiage could lead to a worst-case conclusion that there's some sort of catastrophic problem with the hybrid Maverick, that's not the case. A spokesperson from Ford confirmed that the automaker is currently building both gasoline-electric hybrid and gas-powered Mavericks and that the company will be shipping these trucks this fall—on time and as promised.

The best explanation for this confusion? "There may be brief periods where we pause scheduling orders while we match production with available parts, as we do with all of our vehicles." It appears the bulletin contained info that was ordinary, not extraordinary.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-maverick-hybrid-delayed-rumor/?wc_mid=4035:21933&wc_rid=4035:413251&_wcsid=1486EDC6A8D2FBA02E39377C1D9156F2B23509DC18600344

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

Motor Trend claims it's all a misunderstanding:

Exaggerate much?

Did anyone truly think there's "some sort of catastrophic problem" with the hybrid Maverick?

In today's environment, it's not surprising there are issues with production and scheduling.

9 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Exaggerate much?

Did anyone truly think there's "some sort of catastrophic problem" with the hybrid Maverick?

In today's environment, it's not surprising there are issues with production and scheduling.

To be fair, with the hard top problems with the Bronco and fires in the Escape hybrids, a catastrophic problem isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

To be fair, with the hard top problems with the Bronco and fires in the Escape hybrids, a catastrophic problem isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

Eh, Ford has been building regular hybrids for decades (IIRC, the Escape fires were with plug in variants, no?).  Get what you're saying, though.

51 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Very true. Ford's history is marked by going from one crisis to another.

Fortunately, in the case of the Maverick rumor mentioned in the original post of this thread, Autoblog and Motor Trend confirmed that there isn't any "trouble" at all.

9 hours ago, ANTAUS said:

I've learned being quiet, is easier than dealing with personalities, Been on this site since late 90s, I've had my fair share of "discussions", and Alpha dogs trying to one-up each other to the point of getting nasty. So other than personal opinion, I don't get into the weeds of discussion.

it's almost like people think they can say whatever they want on the internet.  I wonder sometimes if we should just change the name from discussion forums to argue forums.

Every one calm down.  Ford is just adjusting their assembly lines and supply lines for the reality that, instead of 60% eco and 30% hybrid  they need to produce just the opposite.  Just looking on the Maverick Truck Club site the ratio is 30% eco and 60% hybrid .  This simply means that Ford needs to get more engines eCVT and batteries, to the assembly plant, which could take a few weeks.   Once the parts are at the assembly plant we should see production changing and more hybrid being built.  This could happen to any company in the world.  I think that hybrid is going to be the new norm.  Full electric is still inconvenient, due to the time it takes to charge batteries.  When they get the charging issue taken care of I think that electric vehicles will be the norm.  When you think of it trains have been using a hybrid system since the 1950"s.  ie. Trains use a diesel engine that connects to a generator/alternator that supplies the traction motors with the power to move the train. This system is the most efficient in the world for moving large amounts of goods cross country.  I think people are seeing how efficient that gas/diesel engine, generator/alternator, and electric motors are, and with the global warming, are looking for alternatives to the gas guzzler.  So hang in there, we will all get our hybrid truck.  Ford is making adjustments for this new market, and made a bad choice.  Who hasn"t done that.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mpd510 said:

Indeed sir.  I know I've caught myself typing things out that I have re-read and thought that sounds like an asshole wrote it...  Delete!!!

I have to learn to be better not to engage some people, since there is no changing of people's options on things. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I have to learn to be better not to engage some people, since there is no changing of people's options on things. 

I'm sure it's especially tough on forums like this.  Car guys and gun guys have strong opinions about their toys!!!!

38 minutes ago, SteelyD said:

Very true here.

Honestly, this is one of the forums where I feel people don't argue so much. I mean sure, we have some "interesting" personalities here and sometimes people wake up on the wrong side of the bed but overall not too bad. Reddit/twitter can go south in an instant. 

Back to topic, it looks pretty close to the old two door super cab Ranger in size. The sides of the bed are higher. The white color and bed top/container are kinda throwing me off though.