Official Ford Next Gen Ranger Tease Video

1 hour ago, jcartwright99 said:

Interesting....hard to really tell but I did notice that they had the hang down strips camo to make it difficult to see what's going on back there. Wondering if it will get a Raptor like setup in back without leaf springs?

Well, we know at least the next-gen Raptor will get coils.  Not sure if it is all Rangers though.  https://fordauthority.com/2021/02/2023-ford-ranger-raptor-rear-coil-spring-suspension-confirmed/

I've got a year or so left before it's time to look for a Fusion replacement. 83k now but don't want to keep past 125k. My predicament is that Ford has a few appealing products in my price range and the NG Ranger (if pricing is similar to current pricing) is one of them. The Maverick, BS, and Bronco are the others. The thing is I really want a hybrid/4wd/awd as my next vehicle. Which one of these will get a powerboost first?  I know the Maverick won't have one in the first year. My hope is the Ranger gets one. 

I really like the thought of a Ranger hybrid but who knows if that is just a dream?

Edited by jcartwright99
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

I've got a year or so left before it's time to look for a Fusion replacement. 83k now but don't want to keep past 125k. My predicament is that Ford has a few appealing products in my price range and the NG Ranger (if pricing is similar to current pricing) is one of them. The Maverick, BS, and Bronco are the others. The thing is I really want a hybrid/4wd/awd as my next vehicle. Which one of these will get a powerboost first?  I know the Maverick won't have one in the first year. My hope is the Ranger gets one. 

I really like the thought of a Ranger hybrid but who knows if that is just a dream?

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1131347_ford-ranger-plug-in-hybrid-reportedly-coming 

A ranger hybrid is coming, apparently sometime in 2024. It will have a max output of 362 hp and 501 lb ft of twist. Should be quite beastly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

Has anyone seen any info on the next Gen Ranger's body components, as in how much steel vs aluminum? At the very least I would expect something similar to the Bronco with most of the bolt-on body parts (doors, hood, etc.) being AL.

wouldn’t be surprised on that.

and could also see it being different globally vs in the US.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

wouldn’t be surprised on that.

and could also see it being different globally vs in the US.

One example is gasoline for North America and diesel for ROW.

At some point, hybrid will arrive and grab sales in both markets.

Loving the squarer filled out profile of the new Ranger, it should go a long way towards

converting a lot of fence sitters driving mid sized utilities, pushing sales higher.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

If I were tempted to trade my '18 F-150, which just turned 25k miles, my choice right now would be between the F-150 PowerBoost and the '23 Ranger Raptor. I'm leaning toward the PowerBoost since lately First Energy can't seem to keep the power on any time the wind blows more than about 10mph. The all AL body of the 150 is also a huge consideration here in the Rust Belt.

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

https://www.motor1.com/news/532780/new-ford-everest-interior-spied/

here’s some spy pics of the new Everest. There are some interior shots as well which show it to have pretty much the same interior as the current gen. Hopefully this is only because it’s a mule, but it seems odd since it looks like a complete vehicle and not some hack job.new-ford-everest-spy-photos.jpgnew-ford-everest-spy-photos.jpgnew-ford-everest-spy-photos.jpg

Looks like the front clip molded on the body of the current end. 

Everest usually launches 2 years behind the Ranger, so early mule. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, T-dubz said:

here’s some spy pics of the new Everest. There are some interior shots as well which show it to have pretty much the same interior as the current gen. Hopefully this is only because it’s a mule, but it seems odd since it looks like a complete vehicle and not some hack job.new-ford-everest-spy-photos.jpgnew-ford-everest-spy-photos.jpgnew-ford-everest-spy-photos.jpg

I think one was spied having the Mach-E screen so this is just an early prototype.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

Looks like the front clip molded on the body of the current end. 

Everest usually launches 2 years behind the Ranger, so early mule. 

Strange that they'd have nearly finished parts on the front but the rest the same as the current.  Don't usually see that.

It's possible that Ford will elect to give Everest just a minor nip and tuck behind the A-pillar. The volume on the SUV is relatively low so maybe Ford will just update the chassis and drivetrain with the new Ranger and leave back 2/3 of the SUV largely unchanged.

Ranger sells 10x more than Everest so Ford can afford a whole new body and interior. We've seen Ford done something similar before... remember the 3rd gen (2007) Expedition got a new chassis but was only new in the front 1/3 while the back 2/3 of the body was carried over from the 2nd gen?

The current Everest is a little too round for my liking, I think that was a drawback for intended buyers

in the segment where the champ is Prado/Landcruiser 120 - a much squarer profiled vehicle.

New Everest clearly shares most of its front half with Ranger, so making the Ranger more filled out 

and squarer, also means that Everest takes on that more “solid” look, especially when the back half

is similarly styled. Filling out the lines also increases canopy feel, they feel bigger inside.

Some of the really big change with Ranger/Everest is not seen, it felt and experienced in a new quietness

that I’m sure will really grab potential buyers on a test run…they’re that good.

Recently, the sales ratio of Everest has increased to about one sixth of Ranger which is impressive

given the T6 Everest is approaching six years old, a bolder Everest could see sales double.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, T-dubz said:

The smaller knob on the console-electric parking brake; I don't see a handle in the last photo. Or maybe emergency kill switch for the tester?

Edited by Chrisgb
Add content, correction.