Official Ford Next Gen Ranger Tease Video

16 hours ago, akirby said:

I think it’s clear they were planning on Warthog but changed their minds,

Maybe they couldn't get all the trademark cleared for use. Happens all the time to companies that thought they have a great name for something but legal can't clear it. 

19 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Thank you for your kind words, I’m not that connected to sources anymore, Ranger is critical to Ford in ROW.

The fact that 703N is another year on the global vehicle also speaks of how much regionalisation 

is baked into that decision, something the T6 engineering team executes well.

The best thing that happened for Ranger was the Bronco, it justifies expanding equipment and opportunities.

i just hope Ford takes full advantage of the coming developments, there’s an eager market waiting…….

Certainly, they are deserved. You and PremierDrum have done excellent work. I admit I did have confusion with seeing US-spec running about earlier this year, but this is definitely a product of launch delays, as rarely will Ford favor driving around something like this 2 years before release.

2023-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Prototype-Left-Hand-Drive-February-2021-001.thumb.jpg.e2470a6111c7ac2acd92e485c4bb5cc5.jpg2023-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Prototype-Left-Hand-Drive-February-2021-008-1024x683.jpg.c2e9e364e2e8aabd2043236abdcc1685.jpg

From my memory, I noticed the pattern of January/winter first spy shots, for 2 MYs out (ie January 2020 prototypes = Late 2021 launch). Australia's P703 fell behind, so did USA's.

There is some more Bronco info coming as well, likely next week via my guy. Bronco and Ranger seem to feed into each other, no?

Mark Fields had his ambitions in 2014-15, but wasn't entirely sure how to achieve them and moved very slowly. Bringing Ranger back, was justified thanks to Bronco, even though Bronco wouldn't have existed either on its own, unless simply the CX430 which became Bronco Sport.

I have this sinking feeling from what I hear, a lot of the planned 2023 model year redesigns are launching literally in 2023 itself and that really sucks. The 10-12 month gap between P703 and P703N, unfortunately seems to have widened to 14 months.

Edited by JX1
  • Like 3

Also remember that engineering development team has been riding Australia’s covid resurgence in Victoria

Not saying that’s the only reason but perhaps timings delayed because of supply situation with current Bronco.

A couple of years back, I got too excited about a special project V8 Ranger that turned to dust when figures 

didn’t add up. Fair enough to say that Ford looks at certain high value products but maybe the potential sales

numbers weren’t  there…..and then we see all the great options in Bronco, so much to flesh out there fingers crossed.

• Like 2

With my lease coming up on my 2019 in April 2022 I am now thinking I might just turn it in and get a 2022. Maybe switch up colors, trim levels or go for the Tremor package. It'll be fall 2023 before the redesigned 2024 Ranger is flowing well through the sales networks. Plus sometimes it's nice to get a proven vehicle without the hiccups a new vehicle has in it's first production year. The current Ranger is a pretty dang solid truck.

Edited by 2005Explorer
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 9:05 AM, Anthony said:

So global ranger launches in 8 months. Seems like we should be seeing at least that version here pretty soon then. Are there any international auto shows coming up that we might see it at? I am assuming the difference between the NA and global versions will be similar to the current ranger?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, T-dubz said:

So global ranger launches in 8 months. Seems like we should be seeing at least that version here pretty soon then. Are there any international auto shows coming up that we might see it at? I am assuming the difference between the NA and global versions will be similar to the current ranger?

Bangkok auto show is traditionally held every year during last week of March so that jives with the May launch in Thailand.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AGR said:

Latest spy photo: 2023 Ford Ranger spied with a baby F-150-style front end (autoblog.com)

That leaked picture from a while back turned out to be pretty accurate.

Looks more similar to the Maverick than f150 to me.  Makes sense for the Ranger to bridge the styling of the two.  Looks like an improvement and ties the truck lineup together styling wise.

13 minutes ago, sullynd said:

It’d be nice to have seen the expedition adopt that look too

Except their goal with Expedition is to not have it TOO truck-looking.  It's why you saw them change the interior as well, and separate that more from the regular F-150.

• 2 weeks later...