2022 Chevy Silverado thread

rperez817

On 9/9/2021 at 8:16 PM, T-dubz said:

That ZR2 looks really nice, although I’m not a fan of the other trims. Interior looks nice. Hard to decide which one I like better, Ford or Chevy. I like the design and switch gear of the Chevy, but the screen on the Ford seems more useful.

IMO, good looking truck. All the domestic trucks are very attractive inside and out. 

• 1 month later...

I'm a Chevy guy with a super duty on-order.  I am not on-board with the design language at GM right now.  And the only interior choices on the 'new' trucks are black or navy blue?  That is not really a choice.  If you look at what you get for your dollar between GM, Toyota, RAM, and Ford.  GM is probably last in value for your dollar.  If you don't care about technology and bells and whistles this is probably not a big deal.  If you do want current technology and features in your $60k plus vehicle, GM is likely at the bottom of your shopping list.

1 hour ago, fredrickhw said:

I'm a Chevy guy with a super duty on-order.  I am not on-board with the design language at GM right now.  And the only interior choices on the 'new' trucks are black or navy blue?  That is not really a choice.  If you look at what you get for your dollar between GM, Toyota, RAM, and Ford.  GM is probably last in value for your dollar.  If you don't care about technology and bells and whistles this is probably not a big deal.  If you do want current technology and features in your $60k plus vehicle, GM is likely at the bottom of your shopping list.

To be fair, depending on trim, a lot of Ford products (especially upper trim models) are limited to black or blue.....with the occasional tan in there.

9 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

To be fair, depending on trim, a lot of Ford products (especially upper trim models) are limited to black or blue.....with the occasional tan in there.

At least you have an option to avoid black interiors.  If I was to buy a new 2022 HD chevy pickup with leather, my options are black, black with dark brown accents, or black and dark grey.  Previously you could get tan (cocoa dune) or light grey (titanium) or black (ebony).  Now pretty much everything is black and you get to choose slightly different seat cover colors.  At least I can get baja or marsala leather in a super duty even if the plastic and the dash is all still dark grey.  The new Tundra 1794 has a really nice light interior option also.

11 hours ago, tbone said:

I don’t know if Chevy offers the speaker feature in their multi function tailgate like GMC, but I do think that is a nice option.  The rest of the tailgate I could take or leave.  I do prefer Ford tailgate step over the Chevy setup.  

I think the barn door option RAM has is far more useful than a tailgate within a tailgate.  I always have a ball mount in my hitch and the risk of smashing my tailgate into that ball mount is a deal breaker for me.  

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 12:26 PM, fredrickhw said:

At least you have an option to avoid black interiors.  If I was to buy a new 2022 HD chevy pickup with leather, my options are black, black with dark brown accents, or black and dark grey.  Previously you could get tan (cocoa dune) or light grey (titanium) or black (ebony).  Now pretty much everything is black and you get to choose slightly different seat cover colors.  At least I can get baja or marsala leather in a super duty even if the plastic and the dash is all still dark grey.  The new Tundra 1794 has a really nice light interior option also.

I’d like to see all manufacturers offer a clean black interior option and a clean light interior option before getting into louder color schemes. When they start forcing you into a single color palette, or require obnoxious red/yellow highlights, it’s awful. I don’t know about you, but I feel like the Mrs dragged me to a hipster grill where they serve everything under the sun except a basic cheeseburger.