Regional scheduler priority code info

Browneyes033

25 minutes ago, Browneyes033 said:

Can someone tell me how a regional schedule priority code 02 mean

Up until recently, it was rare to see a "02" priority code. Usually when a dealership requests that a customer's retail order be reprioritized, the Regional Scheduler would normally assign an "01" code which is absolutely the best available. Both codes can only be assigned by the Regional Scheduler. I'm assuming that due to the large volume of retail customers orders that the regional office is using both codes to prioritize the orders further at the regional level. Both codes push an unscheduled order for expedited scheduling and forces the scheduling system to make exceptions to commodity restraints whenever possible. These codes don't necessarily mean that an order will be scheduled that week or the following week as the system still has to deal with a number of factors including interrupted plant schedules due to the microchip shortages, supplier issues, etc. It's important that changes not be made to an order after the regional office has reprioritized the order. Doing so normally kicks out the 01 or 02 priority code and the order will revert back to the original priority code. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well that is encouraging information. My 4/26/21 order (F150 4x4 Powerboost)  was originally a "10" priority but my dealer recently told me it was changed to "02". Whether it speeds things up is yet to be seen . Original build date was 9/8 but last week got bumped to 9/21.

Time will tell.    

2 hours ago, GypsyG said:

Well that is encouraging information. My 4/26/21 order (F150 4x4 Powerboost)  was originally a "10" priority but my dealer recently told me it was changed to "02". Whether it speeds things up is yet to be seen . Original build date was 9/8 but last week got bumped to 9/21.

Time will tell.    

If it already has a build date the priority codes are meaningless. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GypsyG said:

Time will tell.    

Priority codes only apply to unscheduled vehicle orders. 

43 minutes ago, yorid said:

ice-capades   I had my status checked and was told "Right now you are at a 02, see if they can change it to10", from what I'm reading a 02 in much better than a 10, am I correct?

"

1 or 2 means the factory will do everything possible to get your truck built, ahead of the other normal orders at priority 10.  It does not guarantee it can be built however - could still be commodity issues.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, akirby said:

1 or 2 means the factory will do everything possible to get your truck built, ahead of the other normal orders at priority 10.  It does not guarantee it can be built however - could still be commodity issues.

I think some commodity issue exist but at least it's some movement even if it's only digital.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, yorid said:

I think some commodity issue exist but at least it's some movement even if it's only digital.  

Normally, with an "01" or "02" priority code, the regional office does everything possible to make exceptions to commodity restraints in order to get scheduling expedited for those orders. Unfortunately, these aren't normal times and the ordering system is a mess with the huge volume of retail orders, spec changes, microchip shortages, supplier issues, interrupted plant schedules, etc. There's also a big issue with Dealers not doing their jobs managing their order banks, keeping track of commodity restraints, providing retail customers with the information they require, monitoring unscheduled orders and getting them reprioritized, etc. The list goes on and on. Too many Dealers that don't know what they're doing, aren't aware of the resources available, don't know what actions can be taken or can't be bothered to be "pro-active" with customer communication and act as the customer's advocate. And the good Dealers are getting hammered by customer complaints and frustration due to excessive OTD (Order to Delivery) times. 

• Like 1

I just found out yesterday I am at a 02 as well.. and while looking at the sales managers screen, he had about 10 others at 02 also.  I’m seeing a lot of 02’s on here and other forums as well.  Kinda strange to see that really.  Almost like orders that are sitting for a long time, and in the COVP, etc are getting 02 codes without anyone knowing.   Either way I don’t care, and I just have my fingers crossed to get scheduled in the next week or so.

15 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

And the good Dealers are getting hammered by customer complaints and frustration due to excessive OTD (Order to Delivery) times

This is the 5th vehicle I've ordered form my dealer who has always been ready good, normally 12 weeks I'm driving a new truck. Very true they are getting hammered  by customer complaints. Thanks much for your updates they ready do help explain the ordering system mess. 

Mine got bumped up to a 2 last week, then a 19 got picked up ahead of mine, the sales manager was not happy, he thought for sure mine was a go last week. On Thursday when he left the dealership he said he was looking at something that showed my truck was going to be picked up, he said he was surprised when it hadn’t been picked up. I know he made several phone called and couldn’t get a solid answer as to why it wasn’t, at that time it had no commodity holds now it does. Maybe next week.

3 hours ago, Mbrooks44 said:

Is that still ongoing or just that single week? I have a DRW with the 5th prep.

as far as I can tell its on going, although i spoke to my sales guy the other day and the only issue they see currently is spray in bedliners(outside of AS as my build never had AS). Im not sure how regional allocations play into those availabilities. I dropped the spray in liner off my build, because thats easy to get done locally. The rear axle and fifth wheel prep arent as easy ?.

Edited by mattdm

On 9/23/2021 at 12:41 PM, ice-capades said:

Normally, with an "01" or "02" priority code, the regional office does everything possible to make exceptions to commodity restraints in order to get scheduling expedited for those orders.

Ford Customer Service said my priority code was change on 9/13 and I should receive and Vin and build date within 10 to 20 days, I sure hope they are right.  

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, txsd6.2 said:

My 22 was ordered on 11/1 with priority code 19. It was confirmed the same day. I received an e-mail on 11/18 with VIN and notification of scheduling for week of 12/6. Maybe means they didn't have many more retail orders in the hopper at the time? 

Ford's retail order bank is the highest it's ever been and they're making more progress each month in getting those vehicles scheduled, produced and shipped as soon as possible. 

• Like 1