Why order mods from factory and replace?

Hypo

I've joined a few forums since ordering my truck back in August. I ordered mine knowing I was gonna replace alot of stuff with after market and built a "basic" truck with strong bones. Only thing I needed from the factory was the truck, power train of choice ( Godzilla/3.55LS ), dual batteries, 397 amp alt, upgrade front suspension, markers, ......
 But I've seen alot of posts of people ordering blacked out Tremor packages and replacing tire/rim and other things day 1. Wouldn't be more cost efficient to order a lower lvl and add? I personally have a price of $43K for the truck and that leaves me with alot of money left to play with. Just didn't know if I was missing something and messed up ordering like I did.

Screenshot_20210911-124914_Samsung Internet.jpg

The front limited slip diff and crawl control are exclusive to the Tremor, and the takeoffs probably sell pretty well. It gets more tenuous the more you replace, I see folks replacing shocks and springs and radius arms and all that so it starts to feel a little redundant, but the LSD up front along with the modes in the truck are something, along with the modest suspension upgrade. 

13 minutes ago, Mojave_Idiot said:

The front limited slip diff and crawl control are exclusive to the Tremor, and the takeoffs probably sell pretty well. It gets more tenuous the more you replace, I see folks replacing shocks and springs and radius arms and all that so it starts to feel a little redundant, but the LSD up front along with the modes in the truck are something, along with the modest suspension upgrade. 

Ok, I'm good then. I don't need a 4WD, so none of that would've mattered to me. It makes sense tho, just don't agree with how companies make you order higher to get 1 or 2 options you desire. Kinda like the way I would gladly pay them for sync4 in the XL I ordered, they think I'll give in and upgrade to alot of stuff I don't want just to get it.

24 minutes ago, Hypo said:

Ok, I'm good then. I don't need a 4WD, so none of that would've mattered to me. It makes sense tho, just don't agree with how companies make you order higher to get 1 or 2 options you desire. Kinda like the way I would gladly pay them for sync4 in the XL I ordered, they think I'll give in and upgrade to alot of stuff I don't want just to get it.

There was a study done by an OEM on the number of orderable configurations.  They had a ridiculous 23,000 different configurations.  The costs associated with that is astronomical.  I don't know how many different combo's SD can be ordered in, but I'd bet it blows that number away.